Dream bike

piambro
Posts
43
Joined
8/18/2006
Location
Atlanta, GA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:42pm
I know, I know... I'm getting boring with all this stuff.
But I was thinking of the sexiest and nastier and hotter MX bike I ever dared to dream about. Well, the original factory Yamaha '86 YZM500, the one with the alu frame was a shocker to me. Jacky Vimond was my idol just because he was racing it. So, when two years later the all-new stock YZ250 showed up (1988), with the same look and colors... well, I could not stop thinking of it, watching Dymond whipping in the US and Van Den Berk hammering the Euro tracks. The only bike that caused me the same mouth watering has been the YZ400F, some 10 years later!
|
Tiki
Posts
10674
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
Corona, CA, USA
Fantasy
8/29/2006 1:28pm
Carmichael's 2004 Perfect Season CRF 450
G Force
Posts
1507
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Winnipeg, CA
8/29/2006 3:02pm
Tiki wrote:
Carmichael's 2004 Perfect Season CRF 450
Bailey's, or any of the factory Honda's from 1985. That was the end of real works bikes in north america. Miss em.
BIGDESTO
Posts
77
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Canyon Country, CA, USA
8/29/2006 3:21pm
Tiki wrote:
Carmichael's 2004 Perfect Season CRF 450
G Force wrote:
Bailey's, or any of the factory Honda's from 1985. That was the end of real works bikes in north america. Miss em.
Omara's Mugen was pretty sweet!
yz931
Posts
43
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Saskatoon, CA
8/29/2006 3:51pm
Tiki wrote:
Carmichael's 2004 Perfect Season CRF 450
G Force wrote:
Bailey's, or any of the factory Honda's from 1985. That was the end of real works bikes in north america. Miss em.
BIGDESTO wrote:
Omara's Mugen was pretty sweet!
Any of RC's two stroke 250's.

The Shop

kdx man
Posts
1065
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Kearny, NJ, USA
8/29/2006 8:17pm
G Force wrote:
Bailey's, or any of the factory Honda's from 1985. That was the end of real works bikes in north america. Miss em.
BIGDESTO wrote:
Omara's Mugen was pretty sweet!
yz931 wrote:
Any of RC's two stroke 250's.
I always thought Rc's splitfire pc 125s were pretty cool.
jmc2
Posts
1353
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Gilbert, AZ, USA
Fantasy
8/29/2006 9:38pm
Tiki wrote:
Carmichael's 2004 Perfect Season CRF 450
G Force wrote:
Bailey's, or any of the factory Honda's from 1985. That was the end of real works bikes in north america. Miss em.
G Force wrote:
Bailey's, or any of the factory Honda's from 1985. That was the end of real works bikes in north america. Miss em.
Agreed, those bikes were works of art...in the new TransWorldMX they have Bailey discussing the works bikes of '83 through '85 with pictures...
3/12/2011 8:27pm
Anything newer/faster/tricker that what I am currently riding at the time.
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
3/12/2011 8:28pm
Tortelli s rm 250!
Tbill
Posts
151
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Glendale, AZ, USA
3/12/2011 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2011 8:32pm

Pretty hard to beat a 74' Maico MC400

Not mine, but a pretty sexy ride.
Mstock
Posts
2044
Joined
9/14/2010
Location
Middleton, WI, USA
3/12/2011 8:31pm
Any Vet A bike in IL.
3/12/2011 8:31pm
The last of the PC 125s. That was the epitome of the 125 two stroke!

Or Chad's '05 YZ250.
ky_savage
Posts
2785
Joined
12/4/2008
Location
Kentucky, KY, USA
3/12/2011 8:35pm
RC's CR250 for me. Minus the laid back bars. I went out and bought one. Wish I had kept it. I'll have another one in the future.
TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
3/12/2011 8:58pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
Anything newer/faster/tricker that what I am currently riding at the time.
What I want to know is, how the fuck someone can find and dig up a 6 year old thread?? I mean really, how and why is this possible?

Post a reply to: Dream bike

The Latest