Davi Millsaps

Starcrossed
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2016 4:46am
Seems like he is really beginning to gel with the KTM, and his new team. I know a lot of guys were ready to write him off during the extraordinary amount of time it took to accumulate the parts he needed for his privateer effort. I think he's beginning to silence some of his critics, and will continue to improve throughout the season. From what I can tell he has been racing hard for twenty laps, picking up positions at the close of some races, and giving his team a solid effort week in and week out. He seems to have a great attitude, and is proving to be a terrific addition for the BTO team, especially in light of Short's injury plagued season. I'm not sure if his presence has given Brayton a boost, but he seems to be having a better than average season also. I hope Davi sticks around for outdoor motocross this year.
|
Rdubs19
3/1/2016 1:51am
He is pushing hard, you can't help but notice it. I remember the move on Brayton, and a few others this year where he was clearly wanting to be up front, and not phoning it on like he is often accused of. In the "Coffee with Millsaps" on twmx, he gave a quick run down of all the surgeries he had in just the past year or so. It was something like 10 surgeries. It's unreal for someone to go through that shit and STILL push as hard as he is this year. Gained a shitload of respect from me, and I was already a huge Millsaps fan.
51xc
3/1/2016 1:59am
he said in his interview that his stamina is not where he would like to have it. he was quite open about it. but yes, he is improving week by week and he could very likely end up very close to top 5 in points. want to see him outdoors for sure!
3/1/2016 4:17am
Darth Milsaps was the chosen one. But, he had to get many surgeries and a robot leg. You under estimate his power.

The Shop

Starcrossed
3/1/2016 4:46am
Darth Milsaps was the chosen one. But, he had to get many surgeries and a robot leg. You under estimate his power.
He certainly was the chosen one, but his stock never reached its full potential, and rumors of being difficult to work with and being overly demanding of those around him, while not putting in a tremendous amount of work and effort, began to circulate early in his career. He seems to have to shed any dark cloud that may have been following him, and may still have a few chapters to go in his motocross biography. I spent a considerable amount of time loitering around the BTO rig at Unadilla the first time Davi appeared at the races with his new team, and watched and listened to a few interviews he did with Weege and some others. He came across much more serious than in the TW interview mentioned above, and was very gracious with the fans and everybody around him, happily giving time to anybody who requested it. I wouldn't have guessed it could be the same guy who had been the subject of past rumors. It would be great to see him back up on the podium or getting into the win column. A win would certainly put a stamp on his comeback.

So did you get to roost the shit out of Darryl's swanky new YZ?
3/1/2016 5:05am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 5:05am
He certainly was the chosen one, but his stock never reached its full potential, and rumors of being difficult to work with and being overly demanding...
He certainly was the chosen one, but his stock never reached its full potential, and rumors of being difficult to work with and being overly demanding of those around him, while not putting in a tremendous amount of work and effort, began to circulate early in his career. He seems to have to shed any dark cloud that may have been following him, and may still have a few chapters to go in his motocross biography. I spent a considerable amount of time loitering around the BTO rig at Unadilla the first time Davi appeared at the races with his new team, and watched and listened to a few interviews he did with Weege and some others. He came across much more serious than in the TW interview mentioned above, and was very gracious with the fans and everybody around him, happily giving time to anybody who requested it. I wouldn't have guessed it could be the same guy who had been the subject of past rumors. It would be great to see him back up on the podium or getting into the win column. A win would certainly put a stamp on his comeback.

So did you get to roost the shit out of Darryl's swanky new YZ?
yea. pretty badly. poor guy. but i got it set-up pretty well for him. markee was there too. he's got some speed on him. im going to have to make a gopro called "Passing Vitards"
Starcrossed
3/1/2016 5:21am
yea. pretty badly. poor guy. but i got it set-up pretty well for him. markee was there too. he's got some speed on him. im going...
yea. pretty badly. poor guy. but i got it set-up pretty well for him. markee was there too. he's got some speed on him. im going to have to make a gopro called "Passing Vitards"
You certainly talk the talk, so you must be able to walk the walk...I'm not seeing much bravado from the guys that are eating your roost. Like they say, "It's not bragging if you can back it up." Sounds like you're a good sport, helping dial these guys in, so they can spend a little more time shielding the blast from your earthmover.
3/1/2016 6:18am
yea. pretty badly. poor guy. but i got it set-up pretty well for him. markee was there too. he's got some speed on him. im going...
You certainly talk the talk, so you must be able to walk the walk...I'm not seeing much bravado from the guys that are eating your roost...
You certainly talk the talk, so you must be able to walk the walk...I'm not seeing much bravado from the guys that are eating your roost. Like they say, "It's not bragging if you can back it up." Sounds like you're a good sport, helping dial these guys in, so they can spend a little more time shielding the blast from your earthmover.
im just less slow, that's all. we're all old. and i didn't actually throw shit all over him and his bike. i rode around with him helping him out, and then we went to hooters.
TeamGreen
3/1/2016 5:12pm
For future reference when responding to Davi-Haters:

"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"
3/1/2016 5:17pm
51xc wrote:
he said in his interview that his stamina is not where he would like to have it. he was quite open about it. but yes, he...
he said in his interview that his stamina is not where he would like to have it. he was quite open about it. but yes, he is improving week by week and he could very likely end up very close to top 5 in points. want to see him outdoors for sure!
I don't think Davi knows where his stamina is supposed to be as he's never reached it's potential. He is SX only right? For some reason i thought i heard this.
KMC440
3/1/2016 10:28pm
... "Reefer and Marv ... you boys get up here dinners ready, and quit playing with those dolls" ...

"!!! THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES MOM !!!"
oshow
3/2/2016 4:46am
He put in a very solid race in Atlanta while being sick, Davi when he gets close to 100% is a front runner. Always

Post a reply to: Davi Millsaps

The Latest