Cooper Webb

bobby397
Edited Date/Time 4/10/2012 10:47am
Caught cheating at the Amateur national at millcreek this past week? Joey Savatgy's facebook post,
"Since when is it fair to run factory stuff at the amateur nationals? Haha just my 2 cents"
"Battle of the factory bikes haha... What a joke"
“@jaceowen401: Take that back. I won the 250b stk title as well. So pumped on the day!!!” haha solid" (webb had won it)
"Idk why people just can't play by the rules... It brings bad stuff to our sport"
|
jleews6
3/17/2012 4:03am
My son was talking about this but I didn't know it was Webb. What was the "factory" parts they were talking about? Suspension?
bobby397
3/17/2012 4:24am
im not really sure, i know cooper posted something on twitter about the ama having his bike but thats about it. was hoping someone else knew more.
mfd1068
3/17/2012 5:57am
if you ain't cheating, you ain't racing. Or "It ain't cheat'n if you don't get caught" Seems like he got caught Maybe
35smom
3/17/2012 6:03am
Sorry but the amatuer kids have been running "factory" parts for years. As long as they are legal (in the mod class only) they can use them. Nothing in the rules says they cant.

The Shop

MR. X
3/17/2012 6:05am
The kid is so fast ,does he really need to use unobtanium parts and risk getting caught ?
bobby397
3/17/2012 6:11am
35smom wrote:
Sorry but the amatuer kids have been running "factory" parts for years. As long as they are legal (in the mod class only) they can use...
Sorry but the amatuer kids have been running "factory" parts for years. As long as they are legal (in the mod class only) they can use them. Nothing in the rules says they cant.
i believe he was protested, not sure if it was the stock or mod class
35smom
3/17/2012 6:14am
35smom wrote:
Sorry but the amatuer kids have been running "factory" parts for years. As long as they are legal (in the mod class only) they can use...
bobby397 wrote:
i believe he was protested, not sure if it was the stock or mod class
It was 250B stock (thats why said mod class only)
TX24
3/17/2012 8:00am
It would take some effort to check a stock bikes suspension to see if it's legal. Are they allowed to change springs?
Awhit167
3/17/2012 8:48am
bobby397 wrote:
Caught cheating at the Amateur national at millcreek this past week? Joey Savatgy's facebook post, "Since when is it fair to run factory stuff at the...
Caught cheating at the Amateur national at millcreek this past week? Joey Savatgy's facebook post,
"Since when is it fair to run factory stuff at the amateur nationals? Haha just my 2 cents"
“@jaceowen401: Take that back. I won the 250b stk title as well. So pumped on the day!!!” haha solid" (webb had won it)
"Idk why people just can't play by the rules... It brings bad stuff to our sport"
savatgy was the one that probably protested lol.
aggiemoto99
3/17/2012 8:54am
TX24 wrote:
It would take some effort to check a stock bikes suspension to see if it's legal. Are they allowed to change springs?
There are no rules against modified suspension for stock class.
The only real rule is no external modifications - meaning coatings, or sub tanks etc...

And this year - the "stock" class at many races has allowed exhaust pipes (slip on), oversized rotors and a lot of other "goodies".
I think this is complete shit - why call it the stock class then? The stock class SHOULD be a chance for those with less money to have somewhat equal footing..

But even when it was the "stock pipe" class - cheating isn't that hard for many of the top guys.
TX24
3/17/2012 9:02am
Thanks Aggie and I agree.
35smom
3/17/2012 9:04am
bobby397 wrote:
Caught cheating at the Amateur national at millcreek this past week? Joey Savatgy's facebook post, "Since when is it fair to run factory stuff at the...
Awhit167 wrote:
Couldnt have. Not in the same class!
Awhit167
3/17/2012 9:17am
bobby397 wrote:
Awhit167 wrote:
35smom wrote:
Couldnt have. Not in the same class!
i kno he isnt in the same class i was just joking
SteveS
3/17/2012 9:19am
TX24 wrote:
There are no rules against modified suspension for stock class. The only real rule is no external modifications - meaning coatings, or sub tanks etc... And...
The only real rule is no external modifications - meaning coatings, or sub tanks etc...

And this year - the "stock" class at many races has allowed exhaust pipes (slip on), oversized rotors and a lot of other "goodies".
I think this is complete shit - why call it the stock class then? The stock class SHOULD be a chance for those with less money to have somewhat equal footing..

But even when it was the "stock pipe" class - cheating isn't that hard for many of the top guys.
How stock the stock class is depends on the sanctioning organization's rules. I believe the AMA's rules (for Lorettas) stock classes are the most stringent.

Local races around here don't offer stock classes; everything is Mod. NMA's stock rules allow more than the Loretta's rules.

Here's a handy list of what is allowed and not allowed in stock class at Loretta's: http://www.mxsports.com/pdf/2011/Motocross_Stock_Class_2011_FAQ.pdf
Awhit167
3/17/2012 9:41am
MR. X wrote:
The kid is so fast ,does he really need to use unobtanium parts and risk getting caught ?
like AC92.. if i had a kid in the supermini class i would be pissed, AC pretty much has a "works" supermini. this video shows his gap on second place. on the first lap! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_52L8716Q&hd=1&t=3m18s .
gyd58
3/17/2012 9:46am
He was protested in the 250B stock class for several items related to the motor. I heard the webb/star people would not tear down the motor or let the guy designated by the AMA inspect or measure anything. They want to send the motor or bike to the ama??? I also heard that a visual inspection revealed modifications to the AP and that there may have been a different FCR float bowl on the bike. The results show he was disqualified from the class. I heard he may have been suspended as well.

It seems odd that they would not want a qualified motor builder to see inside a "stock" motor. If the bike is legal, they have nothing to loose by having it inspected and everything to gain. I could see if it was a mod bike they may not want someone measuring their cam profiles, but there should be no secrets inside a stock motor.
Sherwood
3/17/2012 9:52am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2012 9:58am
The stock class at the AM nationals never have been that stock. I remember one year they allowed modified suspension(still do) at Whitney, but made anyone who had a skid plate take it off if it didn't come stock on the bike......
.Turtle
3/17/2012 9:57am
How about we wait for the official ruling before posting hearsay
mxb2
3/17/2012 10:49am
.Turtle wrote:
x2
MtnBoy
3/17/2012 11:46am
Awhit167 wrote:
like AC92.. if i had a kid in the supermini class i would be pissed, AC pretty much has a "works" supermini. this video shows his...
like AC92.. if i had a kid in the supermini class i would be pissed, AC pretty much has a "works" supermini. this video shows his gap on second place. on the first lap! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_52L8716Q&hd=1&t=3m18s .
You think it's just the bike that helps him get that far ahead? Ok bud....
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
3/17/2012 12:00pm
Awhit167 wrote:
like AC92.. if i had a kid in the supermini class i would be pissed, AC pretty much has a "works" supermini. this video shows his...
MtnBoy wrote:
Isn't there a saying that goes something like 90% rider 10% bike?

Just sayin...
gyd58
3/17/2012 12:04pm
.Turtle wrote:
The results are posted, Webb DQed in 250B stock and Owen the winner.

Which is hearsay just like virtually every post on a forum.
gyd58
3/17/2012 12:12pm
Awhit167 wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
Adam's supermini is not the fastest supermini but, it is the best set up supermini by far and he is just super talented and works harder than anybody else.

Can't be pissed at a kid for that.
Lightning78
3/17/2012 12:26pm
TX24 wrote:
There are no rules against modified suspension for stock class. The only real rule is no external modifications - meaning coatings, or sub tanks etc... And...

No bullshit guys..... One of my buddies kids got dq'd in the stock class for running grip tape on the bike! It was at a ll qualifier this was 10 years ago when 125's were still relevant... Super fast kid but had to run the grip tape bec he was so short and I mean REALLY REALLY small
Sherwood
3/17/2012 12:27pm
TX24 wrote:

No bullshit guys..... One of my buddies kids got dq'd in the stock class for running grip tape on the bike! It was at a ll...
No bullshit guys..... One of my buddies kids got dq'd in the stock class for running grip tape on the bike! It was at a ll qualifier this was 10 years ago when 125's were still relevant... Super fast kid but had to run the grip tape bec he was so short and I mean REALLY REALLY small
What they allow and what they don't allow has always amazed and baffled me.
OSJ
3/17/2012 12:36pm
when i raced LL's back in 91 you couldnt even have the grip tape for levers in the stock class. i agree that the stock class should be just that! STOCK everything.
MtnBoy
3/17/2012 12:51pm
Here's what I always wonder, let's just say for the sake of argument they didn't get caught cheating and he got to keep the title.

How does that conversation go on the way home?

"Good job on the win Cooper, doesn't it feel good to know that you cheated and beat all those other kids? We're so proud of you, for the next big race we are going to spend $15,000 on your cheater bike instead of $10,000 so you can really show those kids how good you are at cheating."

Fucking cheating is the lamest thing that happens in this sport.
Awhit167
3/17/2012 12:54pm
Awhit167 wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
gyd58 wrote:
Adam's supermini is not the fastest supermini but, it is the best set up supermini by far and he is just super talented and works harder...
Adam's supermini is not the fastest supermini but, it is the best set up supermini by far and he is just super talented and works harder than anybody else.

no doubt he is super talented, i wasnt discrediting him of his talent what so ever. just simply stating he does have an advantage over most of the field if you think about it.
gyd58
3/17/2012 1:41pm
MtnBoy wrote:
gyd58 wrote:
Adam's supermini is not the fastest supermini but, it is the best set up supermini by far and he is just super talented and works harder...

Awhit167 wrote:
no doubt he is super talented, i wasnt discrediting him of his talent what so ever. just simply stating he does have an advantage over most...
no doubt he is super talented, i wasnt discrediting him of his talent what so ever. just simply stating he does have an advantage over most of the field if you think about it.
Yes he has an advantage but it is based upon his work and effort.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb

The Latest