Cooling vests

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2018 5:51 AM

Anybody using them? How effective are they? I have been considering either Alpinestars version >>

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-vest-mx-cooling

or this one from Macna

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/macna-dry-cooling-vest

|

8/9/2018 5:56 AM

I have the one from A-stars. Haven't worn it in a year or so. It's great for riding MX because you're not out there that long. But if you do any trail riding or a harescramble I wouldn't wear it. It'll keep you cool for about an hour then dry up and be hot as balls.

|

8/9/2018 6:02 AM

From this weekend in Lommel
Photo

|

8/9/2018 7:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2018 7:11 AM

Off topic but related to staying cool. I'm having overhearing problems and I asked Keefer his opinion on best venting gear.

He said Fox flexair is best and Moose Sahara has insane venting. Also Fly kinetic mesh and FXR helium notable mention.

I just bought a set of Sahara gear and while not the best looking IMO, I'd rather be cooler and out on the track longer.

|

8/9/2018 8:33 AM

DoubleA wrote:

From this weekend in Lommel
Photo

That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a physical activity in the heat.

|

8/9/2018 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2018 8:44 AM

Cooling vests don't really work more than 10-15 minutes then it's just more layers. Moose Sahara gear is probably the most vented gear I've worn but it's paper thin. I typically destroy those pants after one ride. Mostly the inner calf area. I tried those padded body protector shirt things and went back to a slim plastic chest protector (Leatt) under my jersey. Seemed to be a lot cooler.

|

8/10/2018 8:22 AM

DoubleA wrote:

From this weekend in Lommel
Photo

ML512 wrote:

That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a ...more

ML:

I'm interested to hear your opinion on vented gear options?

|

8/10/2018 8:27 AM

phatfi20 wrote:

Off topic but related to staying cool. I'm having overhearing problems and I asked Keefer his opinion on best venting gear.

...more

https://m.vitalmx.com/features/7-Vented-Budget-Friendly-Gear-Combos-Just-In-Time-For-Summer,6043

|

8/10/2018 8:32 AM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Cooling vests don't really work more than 10-15 minutes then it's just more layers. Moose Sahara gear is probably the most ...more

How is the durability of the jersey in your experience?

|

8/10/2018 8:33 AM

|

8/10/2018 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2018 8:35 AM

Kx125rider wrote:

How is the durability of the jersey in your experience?

Don't crash and it's fine smile Seriously though, it's the most comfortable gear I've worn. I still have four Sahara jerseys, all in good shape. I wore the Sahara gear late in the So Cal desert/GP season when it was hot as balls.

|

8/10/2018 8:42 AM

ML512 wrote:

That's a pre-moto ice vest, you don't wear it while riding though. It's just meant to keep your core temps down a bit before a ...more

My mistake, never heard of them before. I was just going off what it looked like in pictures OP posted and pitbits. Is there a lot of benefit from the Ice Vests

|

8/10/2018 9:14 AM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Cooling vests don't really work more than 10-15 minutes then it's just more layers. Moose Sahara gear is probably the most ...more

Kx125rider wrote:

How is the durability of the jersey in your experience?

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Don't crash and it's fine smile Seriously though, it's the most comfortable gear I've worn. I still have four Sahara jerseys, all ...more

Awesome thanks

|