Clavicle help...

MotoVation
Posts
260
Joined
1/26/2010
Location
Northern, CO, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:44am
I shattered my left collarbone back in 06', then agian this year in June and had to get a bone graph, 9 pins and a 7inch plate. Went through 3 months of theropy and now its been 7 months and I finally got my doctor to give me the ok to go ride last month...long story short, I went to go ride pitbikes sunday and when I went to load the bikes I heard a huge pop and a lot of swelling so I decided not ride that day and it is still hurting bad and the doctor told me today its not broke??? Im not gna go see a doctor for a second opinion if their is something I can do at home i.e. strengh workouts...anyone got any ideas kinda like a progressive workout?
|
Torco1
Posts
6585
Joined
4/27/2007
Location
Corona, CA, USA
2/3/2010 2:07pm
I broke my collarbone pretty bad a couple of years ago and to this day it will pop and crack and grind whenever I move it in a certain positions......in fact, sometimes I can be sitting down doing absolutely nothing and it will pop so loud that people 5 feet away can hear it. Anyway, I've tried anything and everything to try and make it better and nothing has really helped and the doctors have told me that its probably as good as its going to get. Probably not what you wanted to hear.
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
2/3/2010 2:21pm
MotoVation wrote:
I shattered my left collarbone back in 06', then agian this year in June and had to get a bone graph, 9 pins and a 7inch...
I shattered my left collarbone back in 06', then agian this year in June and had to get a bone graph, 9 pins and a 7inch plate. Went through 3 months of theropy and now its been 7 months and I finally got my doctor to give me the ok to go ride last month...long story short, I went to go ride pitbikes sunday and when I went to load the bikes I heard a huge pop and a lot of swelling so I decided not ride that day and it is still hurting bad and the doctor told me today its not broke??? Im not gna go see a doctor for a second opinion if their is something I can do at home i.e. strengh workouts...anyone got any ideas kinda like a progressive workout?
I have broken both mine a few times. It is pretty normal for them to "pop" , but not tpo swell like that.....at least mine never do. I would definitely get a second opinion. One thing though....if it healed properly , which sometimes they don't , they heal at a slight angle and just not be as strait as they were "before" you broke it. It could be that you have a huge amount of calcium buildup around the area and it's catching on that. Go see another doctor for sure....but honestly the best way to get that sucker moving the right way again is to torture it! Work the crap out of it ( without re-breaking it!) until alot of that build up starts to break apart a little. They can be pretty painful for sure. Just work it lightly until you know your limits. IT WILL get better , just don't baby it....it's the worst thing for it!
drmarkr
Posts
3226
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Tucson, AZ, USA
2/3/2010 2:29pm
Needs a second opinion. Sounds like a non-union/mal-union that broke again, even though he's not seeing it on today's xray....he did take an xray, right?
motomike894
Posts
1576
Joined
9/6/2009
Location
Waterloo, IN, USA
2/3/2010 3:17pm
I shattered my coolarbone in 2004 and had to have it plated with 9 screws, and came back and it always bothered me, then in 2006 my skin started to stick to the plate and screws, and it started making noises, and grinding, popping, had the plate removed and that was a great thing, but I still have issues with that side cracking and popping not on regualr basis but when I try to do push ups it will pop.

I would get a second opinion for sure!

The Shop

MotoVation
Posts
260
Joined
1/26/2010
Location
Northern, CO, USA
2/3/2010 3:22pm
drmarkr wrote:
Needs a second opinion. Sounds like a non-union/mal-union that broke again, even though he's not seeing it on today's xray....he did take an xray, right?
thats the thing, the doctors here in my area are retards, I went to the university of wyoming athletics doctor for my second surgury and just had my family doctor do the x-ray today? I guess im gna have to make another trip to wyoming for the second opinion...this shits getting old I WANNA RIDE!!!
MXATC
Posts
420
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
USA
2/4/2010 5:22am
drmarkr wrote:
Needs a second opinion. Sounds like a non-union/mal-union that broke again, even though he's not seeing it on today's xray....he did take an xray, right?
I agree Dr. Mark. It does sound like a non-union/mal-union that re-fractured.
Highsider
Posts
7679
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Way Toasty, IA, USA
2/4/2010 5:38am
MotoVation wrote:
thats the thing, the doctors here in my area are retards, I went to the university of wyoming athletics doctor for my second surgury and just...
thats the thing, the doctors here in my area are retards, I went to the university of wyoming athletics doctor for my second surgury and just had my family doctor do the x-ray today? I guess im gna have to make another trip to wyoming for the second opinion...this shits getting old I WANNA RIDE!!!
It is a bit of a drive, but one good choice, for you, is an orthopedic moto doctor located in Lincoln, NE. I would have to get contact info, but he did Teddy Maier's shoulder a couple of seasons ago.

He has a track at his home and sponsors an amateur team by hauling riders to races in a semi.

Let me know if you are interested.

Post a reply to: Clavicle help...

The Latest