Check this MX1

Old Mate
Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 4:01pm
http://youtu.be/oi-doWZwRw4
Disqualed for bumping a tyre maybe? Jake Moss wins the MX1 nats but is disqulified for cutting the track at 1.24 on the upramp.
|
jamma10
7/30/2013 2:12am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 2:12am
Disqualified for THAT????

That is ridiculous.
Old Mate
7/30/2013 2:14am
Fair Dinkum, he won the MX1 Aussie Nats and was disqualified for that. He won as a privateer as well.
kongols
7/30/2013 2:23am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2013 2:23am
Holy shit, LMFAO! Who`s cup did you guy`s piss in?

The Shop

Bennydic
7/30/2013 2:40am
That would never happen in motocross! Sorry for the sarcasm but whoever protested should stay at home in future. Too many sports are being ruined by "vulgar displays of power" by pathetic parasites that want to wear flouro vests on a weekend!
tobz
7/30/2013 3:31am
Ill play devils advocate and say:

Sorry, but rules are rules, and that was clearly a lower line that was outside of the track markers, whether you go out if them my an inch or a mile, you go outside of them, you've broken the rules.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/30/2013 4:00am
They have made it pretty clear that you can't cut the track during those super pole runs. That's half the reason they run Go Pros
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
7/30/2013 4:46am
wow thats harsh, did one of the other riders protest it or was it an official?
shanhard
7/30/2013 5:03am
Disqualified from super pole, still finished on the podium overall.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/30/2013 5:04am
MX1 Super Pole, at the conclusion of timed qualifying the top 5 riders will return to the start line. Each rider will be
fitted with a Go Pro camera and when directed they will do 1 flying lap, the result of the flying lap will determine the
top 5 positions for qualifying, championship points will be issued 1st 5, 2nd 4,3rd 3,4th 2, 5th 1,
any rider who leaves the
track at any point will be given 5th place and no points
. Prize money for the fastest qualifier will be $500. Per round.
Old Mate
7/30/2013 6:55am
Stoop wrote:
wow thats harsh, did one of the other riders protest it or was it an official?
The official, he won superpol by 2 secs and beat the guy who got the overall in both motos.
fanger
7/30/2013 7:06am
from i can see, he hit a line that was already formed, was anybody else penalized for it? or only Jake?
Old Mate
7/30/2013 12:32pm
fanger wrote:
from i can see, he hit a line that was already formed, was anybody else penalized for it? or only Jake?
yeh , the line was used in the whole practice session during qualifying and the promoter has removed the video.
Old Mate
7/30/2013 12:55pm
Jake Emanuelli I got done for same thing Greg got 3rd in Moto 2 and got put back to 4th with a 10sec penalty
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
Kevin MacGregor Ripped off is an understatement!!
10 hours ago · Unlike · 5
Greg Moss 10 sec penalty would still give Jake the overall, he was disqualified.
10 hours ago · Like · 2
David Whiteman can that be disputed again? obviously with footage like this then can be proven that was not off the track?
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
Jake Emanuelli Yea it's bull shit!
10 hours ago via mobile · Like
Tori Dare ripped off big time!
10 hours ago · Like
Greg Moss Dave they watched the footage! REALLY.
9 hours ago · Like
John Powers It's rubbish
9 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
Kevin MacGregor A mistake like that would get a league ref stood down. Not good for our sport!
9 hours ago · Unlike · 3
Myles Gooch If anything it actually slows him down! Ripped off for sure!
9 hours ago · Unlike · 2
David Whiteman can anything be done but cos that's clearly bullshit and series clerk of course or steward could maybe reverse points?
9 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2
Glenn Nicholson Ripped off big time
9 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 3
Jeff Staines yeah thats a joke ripped off alright
9 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 3
Nathan Dinnessen Thought the rules state, "Tyres cannot be placed as markers on any part of a jump". I think you have a case still. Check out MA's venue guidelines.
9 hours ago · Unlike · 9
Rod Middlemiss In any case where is an advantage if he did cut the track some people's eyes need checking because what I just watched there was no cutting the track good luck
9 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 4
Kevin MacGregor I think that if the officials in our sport are going to have any credibility MA need to come out with a statement explaining this decision.
9 hours ago · Unlike · 8
Kyle Grimmond Bullshit again! It is getting worse Greg. Even in the amateur events !
9 hours ago via mobile · Like
Shane Absolom I'm lost for words how can that be cutting the track when tyres are on the up face of a jump when it's in the rules that no tyres are to be use on jump as markers????
Alan Pavey Greg were any other riders disqualified on that jump?
Jack Mcneice He didn't gain any advantage, what a joke can't believe he was disqualified for that...
Mark Krinkel Need to get some riders behind this and at the next round say hey this is not rite.
Toby Wilkin I don't think you can have single tyres on any part of a track can you? there has to be two tyres side by side and screwed/fixed together for safety I thought.
9 hours ago · Unlike · 2
Matthew Hutchison Some should be sacked over that . Bloody joke
Jared McMahon Jayden Adrian Whitfield
9 hours ago · Like
Rod Middlemiss one other thing whos wheel marks are there before Jake rode the line
9 hours ago · Unlike · 1
Mark Krinkel That's rite rod and on the down ramp
Neil Calvin the video has been taken off ?
8 hours ago · Like
Greg Moss Yep, Kev, that vid shows him turning back to the right of the tyre, so not only did he NOT cut the track, he made EXTRA effort to make sure of it. So proud of my boy, his finest day in Aus and that was his finest lap.
8 hours ago · Like · 9
Rod Middlemiss what order were the riders in super pole because ive just watched Waters and Mckenzie and Moss
8 hours ago · Like
Alan Pavey Hmmmmm video gone???. Why
8 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
Greg Moss Showed him putting a deliberate turn to the track side of the tyre,
8 hours ago · Like
Rod Middlemiss only doing what mx national put up before was taken down and so far there is a clear line that some one has rode before them riders rode super pole
8 hours ago · Edited · Like
Alan Pavey Would love to know why the video has been ditched and by who's request.
8 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 3
Kevin MacGregor If it was a fair decision, why pull the video, who wants to hide what?
8 hours ago · Unlike · 1
Ash Cooney Video?
8 hours ago via mobile · Like
Alan Pavey Not the first time a video that shows a "inconvenient" version had been suppressed......believe me
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
Shane Moss The mx nationals page has removed the whole thing as well... guess the embarrassment got too them..... bahaha
8 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2
Courtney Masters Dad I can't see the footage.
Kevin MacGregor Surely this cannot just be swept under the carpet?? If a mistake was made the controlling body needs to sort it out and if not, they could explain the decision.
8 hours ago · Unlike · 1
Shane Moss It has been removed Courtney...
Courtney Masters Well that's a joke then.
8 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
Darrell Greig MA will most probably use the "Social Media ruling" saying the video is bringing the sport into disrepute..... go figure.
8 hours ago · Like
Alan Pavey Just curious who are the major promotors of the series???
7 hours ago via mobile · Like
Kevin MacGregor Social media or not.. if we are all wrong then surely all that is required is an explanation!!
7 hours ago · Unlike · 1
Dan Reardon 6.6 Track Markers and fencing 6.6.1 Course Markers
a)
The entire length of the track must be clearly defined either continuously or by markers at intervals. The track may also be defined by the lay of the land. Plastic breakable tape may be used.

Tyres may be used to mark the inside of a corner. Where tyres are used they must be inter- locked with each other and must not be dug into the ground.

Kev can't make the decision on this, it is MA's job. We went through proper protocol, with a protest, and it was declined. Jake did not cut the track, the line he used has obviously been used in qualifying by plenty of riders, to even get into superpole. The track at this point was not clearly marked, if we struggle to see the plastic pipe at 3ft on video, how are the riders supposed to see it from 30m in 3rd gear? The official told me that either a tire or small pipe can mark the boundary of the track.
kongols
7/30/2013 12:56pm
fanger wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
yeh , the line was used in the whole practice session during qualifying and the promoter has removed the video.
lol

Post a reply to: Check this MX1

The Latest