Byrne's Mechanic??

yanks_178
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:11pm
Seen something on Twitter.. Did Michael Byrne's mechanic die?
|
10/16/2011 9:11pm
no worries, he was a good man. He was supposed to get married next week!!
Spuds
10/16/2011 9:42pm
montana262 wrote:
no worries, he was a good man. He was supposed to get married next week!!
That is terrible!!! He was young too wasn't he? Anyone know what happened? This has been just one big day of bad news!! RIP buddy!

The Shop

akmx17
10/16/2011 10:50pm
RIP Nick. I feel so sorry for his fiancee and his family.
Brownie
10/16/2011 11:07pm
what a shit day.

RIP Nick
spd721
10/17/2011 4:47am
Any word on what happened?

RIP
LouDog
10/17/2011 9:33am
So sad Nick was a great friend and person. RIP NICK
toolie
10/17/2011 9:44am
Truly a sad day in our racing community, Gods speed Nick.
MXD
10/17/2011 11:10am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2011 12:07pm
Sad news for sure, R.I.P.
500guy
10/17/2011 11:31am
Terrible news, Condolences to all involved.

I think this must be the One ?

BARSTOW, Calif., Oct. 17 (UPI) -- A small plane crashed in California Sunday, killing three people, police said.

The California Highway Patrol said it received a call about 1:45 p.m. about a plane crash near Lake Dolores, east of Barstow, KABC-TV, Los Angeles, reported. The plane's wreckage was found about 45 minutes later, about a half-mile south of the lake and the three people on board were confirmed dead.

Los Angeles' KTLA-TV reported the Beech 33 Bonanza went down while trying to make an emergency landing at Barstow-Daggett Airport. The three victims were traveling from Las Vegas to Corona, the TV station said.
MXD
10/17/2011 11:44am
500guy wrote:
Terrible news, Condolences to all involved. I think this must be the One ? BARSTOW, Calif., Oct. 17 (UPI) -- A small plane crashed in California...

BARSTOW, Calif., Oct. 17 (UPI) -- A small plane crashed in California Sunday, killing three people, police said.

The California Highway Patrol said it received a call about 1:45 p.m. about a plane crash near Lake Dolores, east of Barstow, KABC-TV, Los Angeles, reported. The plane's wreckage was found about 45 minutes later, about a half-mile south of the lake and the three people on board were confirmed dead.

Los Angeles' KTLA-TV reported the Beech 33 Bonanza went down while trying to make an emergency landing at Barstow-Daggett Airport. The three victims were traveling from Las Vegas to Corona, the TV station said.
Not the same one. Unfortunately, that was Rick Huseman, an off road truck driver.

Shitty weekend all around
downandup
10/17/2011 11:44am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2011 11:50am
500guy wrote:
Terrible news, Condolences to all involved. I think this must be the One ? BARSTOW, Calif., Oct. 17 (UPI) -- A small plane crashed in California...

ooops........^^^^^MXD...we posted at the same time!

So sad that Huseman passed. He was an awesome racer.
se7enmx
10/17/2011 11:47am
The crash that took Rick Huseman and his little brother had the pilot that was named Dan. Not Nick.
Clutchy
10/17/2011 11:48am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2011 3:25pm
Pro Off-Road Racer, Rick Huseman, Among 3 Killed in Plane Crash
Huseman's brother, Jeff, was also killed.

,BR>KTLA News

9:03 a.m. EDT, October 17, 2011
BARSTOW, Calif. (KTLA) -- Professional off-road racer Rick Huseman was among three people killed in a small plane crash near Barstow, KTLA has learned.

Huseman, his brother, Jeff, and an unidentified pilot were killed after their Beech 33 Bonanza crashed around 1:45 p.m. Sunday as it was attempting to make an emergency landing at Barstow-Daggett Airport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huseman's racing website confirmed the deaths with the following message:

Tragically, Rick and his brother, Jeff, passed away October 16th in a plane crash. We will post funeral arrangements as soon as they are available. Please keep Michelle and the Huseman family in your prayers."

The plane was traveling from Las Vegas to Corona when it went down about 5 miles northeast of the airport. Coroner's officials say it took three hours to recover the victims because the wreckage was in a canyon.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Born in 1973, Huseman was presented the 2010 DirtSports Magazine Driver of the Year Award, according to his Facebook page.
ktla-deadly-daggett-plane-crash
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/17/2011 11:50am
500guy wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gyFhOjVTmSEuEnqbe_br0…

I think we'll have to wait longer to find out the deal on Nick.
500guy
10/17/2011 11:52am
I'm sorry for posting that, I just saw it on the News and connected the wrong dots.
Sondy132001
10/17/2011 11:55am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2011 12:03pm
500guy wrote:

GuyB wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gyFhOjVTmSEuEnqbe_br0…

I think we'll have to wait longer to find out the deal on Nick.
RIP Nick

S
Truman
10/17/2011 12:01pm
Nick died in his sleep Saturday night in his hotel room, The other mechanic in the room with him found him when he woke up to go to the airport.

Cause of death is unsure at this point all we know is nick was feeling sick the few days leading up to the race.
He didn't go out any of the nights he was in Vegas. Just ate dinner and went to bed.

Nick was a great mechanic, and a great friend.

RIP Nick you will be missed by all.
500guy
10/17/2011 12:05pm
Truman wrote:
Nick died in his sleep Saturday night in his hotel room, The other mechanic in the room with him found him when he woke up to...
Nick died in his sleep Saturday night in his hotel room, The other mechanic in the room with him found him when he woke up to go to the airport.

Cause of death is unsure at this point all we know is nick was feeling sick the few days leading up to the race.
He didn't go out any of the nights he was in Vegas. Just ate dinner and went to bed.

Very tragic ,RIP Nick
MXerDW
10/17/2011 12:06pm
My thoughts and prayers go out to Nick's family and friends.
RIP Nick!
CRF107
10/17/2011 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2011 12:09pm
God speed Nick
ns503
10/17/2011 12:14pm
Very sad deal, condolences to friends & family.

I had an uncle pass away very suddenly, then mother who had to have a valve transplant. That pushed me to get an echo gram, which found a leaky valve that my dr. said wasn't anything to worry about yet - but at least I know now and am aware. Simple EKGs won't pick that kind of stuff up, or even worse stuff like looming blockages, which likely a lot of people don't know - echo (cardio) grams are way underutilized and too far below most peoples knowledge horizons, IMO.

Not saying this is related, just passing on some personal info...
doublezero
10/17/2011 12:17pm
Truman wrote:
Nick died in his sleep Saturday night in his hotel room, The other mechanic in the room with him found him when he woke up to...

Sorry to hear, RIP.
Clutchy
10/17/2011 12:34pm
Truman wrote:

Life is SOOOO fragile... RIp. Condolence's to his fiancee, family and friends.

Give Magoo, Marty, Bimbo, West and Mosier a hug from everyone. Magoo has been known to bend some stuff and well bimbo's riding a bultaco, so you're going to have your hands full. Godspeed buddy.

Post a reply to: Byrne's Mechanic??

The Latest