Best Racing Stories

Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 11:28am
I was reminiscing today about some of my favourite old racing stories and it got me curious to hear other people’s.

One of my favourites happened when a friends sister was on the phone with my friend watching me race. She was giving him a play by play over the phone and it sounded like this.

“Okay it’s the last lap, he’s coming into the last rythm section neck and neck with another guy battling for fifth. Oh my they got a little close over the first jump. Whoah really close over the second jump. Oh, third jump, they hit, he just cartwheeled hard.”

The other guy, his bike, and my bike all landed on me. It’s a good story though and I only ended up with some pretty good bruises.
|
Monk
3/6/2019 10:57am
3hrs of racing and the farthest we got apart from eachother was 20secs on the first lap. For the rest of the race it was pretty much wheel to wheel the whole race. What the lap times don't show was Kevin leading about half the race with me on his rear wheel. We pushed each other so hard we finished nearly 8min ahead of the 3rd place guy in our class. My first win in the Pro class (have no idea why we call it Masters in our series). A former Pro came from the 3rd line in Vet Expert, passed all the Experts and a few Pros for 3rd overall. Steve is such a legend.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/6/2019 11:28am
Monk wrote:
3hrs of racing and the farthest we got apart from eachother was 20secs on the first lap. For the rest of the race it was pretty...
3hrs of racing and the farthest we got apart from eachother was 20secs on the first lap. For the rest of the race it was pretty much wheel to wheel the whole race. What the lap times don't show was Kevin leading about half the race with me on his rear wheel. We pushed each other so hard we finished nearly 8min ahead of the 3rd place guy in our class. My first win in the Pro class (have no idea why we call it Masters in our series). A former Pro came from the 3rd line in Vet Expert, passed all the Experts and a few Pros for 3rd overall. Steve is such a legend.

2.5 hours and you guys were that close the entire time??? Badass!
3/6/2019 11:32am
Monk wrote:
3hrs of racing and the farthest we got apart from eachother was 20secs on the first lap. For the rest of the race it was pretty...

Penton?

The Shop

Monk
3/6/2019 12:20pm
Monk wrote:

Penton?
Lol, makes me smile everytime I see it.
Monk
3/6/2019 12:23pm
Monk wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
2.5 hours and you guys were that close the entire time??? Badass!
Yes. Funny is I passed him in the exact same spot 2 laps in a row. He was worried I would do it again on the 3rd lap for the 3rd time so he hesitated earlier to get around me when I had a slight tip over. He found a real nice line through a open field to get around me towards the end but crashed about 5secs later which gave me the edge.

Post a reply to: Best Racing Stories

The Latest