Bellbottom Forks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2017 4:10 PM

Can someone explain in more detail what these are all about?

|

8/21/2017 4:13 PM

I was wondering the same thing, never heard of that before

|

8/21/2017 4:30 PM

It's just a nickname for the oversized KYB factory forks that Yamaha used to run.

|

8/21/2017 5:17 PM

They were a fad that all the cool kids had. ✌
From memory I think they had a further set of outer tube bushes mid way up the tubes to the lower triple clamp which was supposed to reduce binding during fork flex

|

8/21/2017 9:50 PM

Photo
|

Powerband in every gear !

8/21/2017 10:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2017 10:10 PM

Underground wrote:

From memory I think they had a further set of outer tube bushes mid way up the tubes to the lower triple clamp which was supposed to reduce binding during fork flex

It was also a bit of a compromise in flex with the steel frame. The idea being the bell shape gave it more of a progressive flex/rigidity. The aluminum frame changed all that.

|

8/21/2017 11:36 PM

Underground wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

It was also a bit of a compromise in flex with the steel frame. The idea being the bell shape gave it more of a progressive flex/rigidity. The aluminum frame changed all that.

Ok. cheers. I built up a set of forks for a guy with aftermarket outers that had the 2nd bush in them and they worked on that principal. Or were supposed to.

|

8/22/2017 4:35 AM

Chad reed is bringing his factory 04 yz250 out of retirement (on instagram) atm complete with bellbottoms.Photo

Photo

|

8/22/2017 10:23 AM

FGR01 wrote: Photo

That thing is beautiful

|