Anyone severed finger tendons?

Edited Date/Time 4/18/2019 10:40am
Trying to decide with doctors whether to splint and hope for best and hammer PT, or pin and hope for no infection and that I can get movement back after being stabilized so long.
|
4/18/2019 10:48am
Yes and never had it fixed, not I deal with 3 fingers exactly the same for the rest of my life. I hoped.for the best and chose poorly. Go get it fixed!!! Otherwise you'll be dealing with limited mobilty and fat fingers the rest of your life.
4/18/2019 11:25am
Yep get it fixed my pointer finger is junk on my dominant hand, total pain in the ass I didn't get it fixed an wish I did
Ranch Life
4/18/2019 12:52pm
Had some pinned and fixed, had some not. I recommend getting it fixed like the other guys said. I did have two get infected that we're pinned, but it wasn't a big issue to deal with. And while they are a little crooked, still work way better than the ones that I left alone.

The Shop

malachi177
4/18/2019 1:20pm
Yep. Two years ago on my right middle finger just past the middle knuckle. Had surgery but I cannot bend it all the way. When the pins were in (6 weeks) the tendons for the tip of my finger stuck to the scar tissue. I’m used to it now but it can be a bitch. I can still ride, and can still work properly so it is what it is. Hurts like a mofo when I jam it tho!
lukemoto
4/18/2019 1:46pm
I cut the tendons and nerves on my left index and little finger. I was in a hard splint for 3weeks then a softer brace for another 3. After that I did 6weeks of PT just doing ultrasound to break down the scar tissue. After 6months I'd say movement and strength is close to 90% I just didn't get feeling back in either finger. its very frustrating in the beginning but it doesn't even bother me anymore
Deja New
4/18/2019 1:50pm
Get it fixed if you can! I cut straight though my left thumb and into the knuckle had it pinned and a splint for 8 weeks took almost two years to hold handle bars properly again.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
4/18/2019 8:39pm
I just went thru this. I’m sure glad I didn’t see this thread first, I chose to splint it for 8 weeks and no surgery. I only took it off to shower... but it was only a small metal piece that I used a knuckle bandaid to attach it. It wasn’t bad to deal with, but it was stiff after 8 weeks.
Took it off on a Friday, rode on Sunday. Took it easy on a fun trail ride, but it was fine. Sore the next day as expected
Rode the following Saturday and been riding since. It’s 90% movement and not sure it’ll ever get better. But I didn’t do any PT, but I work with my hands all day and it was a good PT as far as I’m concerned

Good luck, at least you’ll know it will adhere with the pins. I feel like I got lucky after reading this thread. It’s only been a month since I took the brace off, but most of the discomfort is gone and barely sore.

Post a reply to: Anyone severed finger tendons?

The Latest