Alessi

BobPA
Posts
8339
Joined
10/31/2013
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time 1/6/2015 1:39pm
I'll be the first to admit I really don't like the Alessi circus. But I'll give credit where credit is due for his solid ride last night. I had him pegged for barely qualifying...

What a weird thing to have happen to the rear brake...had to play with his mind a bit.
|
1/4/2015 6:34am
Maybe it's because of his portrayal by the media (not helped by his father or riding style) but I just plain don't like the guy. In saying that, props to him yeah. The Alessi-Dislike in me wants to point out that was the perfect track for him; shorter start then hard to pass around the whole track and not very technical. But again, props to him, he did better then I did, or ever could do, on my couch.
tomm55x
Posts
787
Joined
9/14/2014
Location
Erie, PA, USA
1/4/2015 6:42am
Looks like something wasn't tightened on that rear brake and it loosened up resulting in it blowing apart, I thought he was really fortunate that it didn't lock up or something on the face of a jump, that would have been ugly.
1/4/2015 6:54am
tomm55x wrote:
Looks like something wasn't tightened on that rear brake and it loosened up resulting in it blowing apart, I thought he was really fortunate that it...
Looks like something wasn't tightened on that rear brake and it loosened up resulting in it blowing apart, I thought he was really fortunate that it didn't lock up or something on the face of a jump, that would have been ugly.
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
tomm55x
Posts
787
Joined
9/14/2014
Location
Erie, PA, USA
1/4/2015 7:05am
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
Lol naa I think everyone has learned their lesson with the lasers. I'm just glad it didn't result in injuries, like him or not I hate seeing guys get injured.

The Shop

Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 7:11am
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good dirt bike riders.. But you're a good reflection of the kind of people that were too scared to be great at anything and or to lazy to work hard enough to achieve something great for yourself. So remember friend, when you point out others flaws and honest short comings in life, it say's far more about you then anything else....
djc
Posts
608
Joined
5/22/2012
Location
USA
1/4/2015 7:12am
Imo he is the most under rated guy out there I feel. Dude has shown he has the speed to run top five but for some reason it does not always show or he fades back. I always feel he could do better than what he does like some guys just can't really do it but I feel he could
bama205
Posts
1518
Joined
10/7/2010
Location
Williamson County, TN, USA
1/4/2015 7:14am
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
Clutchy wrote:
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good...
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good dirt bike riders.. But you're a good reflection of the kind of people that were too scared to be great at anything and or to lazy to work hard enough to achieve something great for yourself. So remember friend, when you point out others flaws and honest short comings in life, it say's far more about you then anything else....
Some of y'all have a 3' long stick up your ass don't you?
reded
Posts
3682
Joined
3/26/2011
Location
USA
1/4/2015 7:16am
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
Clutchy wrote:
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good...
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good dirt bike riders.. But you're a good reflection of the kind of people that were too scared to be great at anything and or to lazy to work hard enough to achieve something great for yourself. So remember friend, when you point out others flaws and honest short comings in life, it say's far more about you then anything else....
bama205 wrote:
Some of y'all have a 3' long stick up your ass don't you?
Thus the term, "stick in the mud". Laughing
Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 7:21am
Bully mentality. Let it go.... Let Jeff live.
Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 7:22am
bama205 wrote:
Some of y'all have a 3' long stick up your ass don't you?
UMMMMMMMMM Not a stick, Sir
Brad460
Posts
4587
Joined
5/15/2012
Location
Richfield, WI, USA
Fantasy
1/4/2015 7:23am
I really don't understand Alessi...the guy is clearly fast enough to run up front and constantly proves that with very fast lap times and his ability to stay up front for a handful of laps..then in typical fashion he fades.

I don't think conditioning is an issue...it's almost like his under-dog/everyone hates Alessi attitude gets in his head and he gives up easily...strange... but seems as clear as ever he needs someone strong around him to build back his confidence.

Time for him to ditch the "poor me" and " the whole world is against me attitude" ...or maybe his a-hole dad (as been said 1000x). Time is ticking away on his career..

Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 7:23am
You wanna see it......... WELL OKAY THEN.
Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 7:25am
FEAST YOUR EYES.................
Sandberm
Posts
5845
Joined
3/27/2009
Location
Pasco, WA, USA
1/4/2015 7:25am
I thought Mike looked great but he did what he usually does and thats fade back after lap 5.

But he had brake problems? Where did you guys read that? I missed it.

I hope Mike can get some top fives this year and get Smarttop some positive press.
Brad460
Posts
4587
Joined
5/15/2012
Location
Richfield, WI, USA
Fantasy
1/4/2015 7:27am
Sandberm wrote:
I thought Mike looked great but he did what he usually does and thats fade back after lap 5. But he had brake problems? Where did...
I thought Mike looked great but he did what he usually does and thats fade back after lap 5.

But he had brake problems? Where did you guys read that? I missed it.

I hope Mike can get some top fives this year and get Smarttop some positive press.
Looked like the rear brake rotor broke off the hub..they showed it on a rewind.
dmac1
Posts
162
Joined
3/30/2011
Location
USA
1/4/2015 7:34am
I used to root for Mike, until he T boned Tickle. I lost some respect for him then. I'm still amazed at how he can get the holeshots. I just dunno how he does that over and over and over.

His brake problem was in one of the Heats. You musta been gettin a beer when they showed it on TV. His caliper was hanging off the back of his bike and when he rode off the track it was banging into his spokes. I dunno if it broke due to collision or something or if the mount bolts weren't tightened.
DA498
Posts
1647
Joined
10/11/2008
Location
Milliken, CO, USA
1/4/2015 7:42am
Great ride by mike. I cant believe his holeshot ability either, its awesome. He held off Reed straight up for a long time. While the boys in the booth are doggin Dungey for not making the pass on Short. That's another thread. Good on mike for pushing hard.
Jeff alessi
Posts
915
Joined
10/28/2011
Location
Victorville, CA, USA
1/4/2015 8:04am
Last night was one of the best times I've seen him ride supercross. Last year at I believe Indy he was also going really good. I'm exited to see if he can believe in himself enough now to know that if he wants to put it out there on the track he's fully capable of top 5s on a really good night and top 10s on a consistent basis. Watching the whoops it looked like everyone was hitting them about the same way choosing there lines based on the square edges and it got a few people but mike almost seemed like that was where he was confident and really got through them fast. That's a big deal in him, his ohlins stuff looked pretty dam good last night.
yak651
Posts
9071
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
1/4/2015 8:19am
I kept looking at that ugly leader board thing and laughing, thinking how pissed Reed must be that Alessi is beating him! Good for Mike, although I think the track layout suited him as it didn't seem that technical.
1/4/2015 2:56pm
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
Clutchy wrote:
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good...
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good dirt bike riders.. But you're a good reflection of the kind of people that were too scared to be great at anything and or to lazy to work hard enough to achieve something great for yourself. So remember friend, when you point out others flaws and honest short comings in life, it say's far more about you then anything else....
Wow dude, it was a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard lol
Hgibbs566
Posts
436
Joined
12/23/2014
Location
USA
1/4/2015 3:20pm
Maybe it was a really powerful laser by Villopoto that did it? Burned through one of the bolts... We know he was there haha
Clutchy wrote:
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good...
I'm sure you're doing the best you can but insecure unintelligent folks like you are far worse to this society, then a family of really good dirt bike riders.. But you're a good reflection of the kind of people that were too scared to be great at anything and or to lazy to work hard enough to achieve something great for yourself. So remember friend, when you point out others flaws and honest short comings in life, it say's far more about you then anything else....
What if your an insecure, unintelligent dirt bike father like Tony?
I've had the pleasure of meeting Tony as my family and I were standing in line at a resturant at an amature national. The man bumped in to me as he cut in line. When I informed him the line started in the back he replied with, "You don't know who we are." Later that night he took a friends wet gear out of the dryer and piled them on the table. When we asked him why he did that he informed us he needed them more... I waited for the little man to leave, threw his cloths out the door and helped my friend finish drying his sons gear and left. We later heard he was screaming at the front office demanding to know who did it.

Guys a prick and everything they get is deserved.
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
1/4/2015 3:23pm
Yup, good ride for sure. He starts in front of everyone, so that's half the battle.
mauidex
Posts
2069
Joined
9/12/2011
Location
Haiku, HI, USA
1/4/2015 3:23pm
ya know i gotta believe, except for the oputdoor year on Suzukis, Mike's amatuer career really foked him up..................he never learned the follow through....get a holeshot.....sprint like 5 minutes hard and cruise.......worked great in ams....even at big events.........his results versus villopotos in minis.................but ever since pro doesnt work...........the constant look back..........I like him....cant stand his father..............but I think in the whole grand scheme he never had a coach/team/trainer that worked on taking his strength.....holeshots..........and figuring out the next piece of the puzzle.........MO.............
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
1/4/2015 3:24pm
mauidex wrote:
ya know i gotta believe, except for the oputdoor year on Suzukis, Mike's amatuer career really foked him up..................he never learned the follow through....get a holeshot.....sprint...
ya know i gotta believe, except for the oputdoor year on Suzukis, Mike's amatuer career really foked him up..................he never learned the follow through....get a holeshot.....sprint like 5 minutes hard and cruise.......worked great in ams....even at big events.........his results versus villopotos in minis.................but ever since pro doesnt work...........the constant look back..........I like him....cant stand his father..............but I think in the whole grand scheme he never had a coach/team/trainer that worked on taking his strength.....holeshots..........and figuring out the next piece of the puzzle.........MO.............
Damn that's a lot of periods
Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 3:54pm
Hgibbs566 wrote:
What if your an insecure, unintelligent dirt bike father like Tony? I've had the pleasure of meeting Tony as my family and I were standing in...
What if your an insecure, unintelligent dirt bike father like Tony?
I've had the pleasure of meeting Tony as my family and I were standing in line at a resturant at an amature national. The man bumped in to me as he cut in line. When I informed him the line started in the back he replied with, "You don't know who we are." Later that night he took a friends wet gear out of the dryer and piled them on the table. When we asked him why he did that he informed us he needed them more... I waited for the little man to leave, threw his cloths out the door and helped my friend finish drying his sons gear and left. We later heard he was screaming at the front office demanding to know who did it.

Guys a prick and everything they get is deserved.
Okay... So with that said, then you and others like you should be even more understanding of Jeff and Mikes short comings in life, instead of trying to bring others down to make yourself fell better.

And with that said.. If Tony or anyone else for that matter threw my stuff out of a dryer before it was done in that fashion, I would remove his stuff, finish mine and let him know that respect earns respect....!
Clutchy
Posts
2831
Joined
3/24/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
1/4/2015 3:56pm
Wow dude, it was a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard lol
As with the women in your life, I didn't feel your dick. Just the moisture from your douche.
machine
Posts
6404
Joined
1/5/2011
Location
Collettsville, NC, USA
1/4/2015 3:57pm
mauidex wrote:
ya know i gotta believe, except for the oputdoor year on Suzukis, Mike's amatuer career really foked him up..................he never learned the follow through....get a holeshot.....sprint...
ya know i gotta believe, except for the oputdoor year on Suzukis, Mike's amatuer career really foked him up..................he never learned the follow through....get a holeshot.....sprint like 5 minutes hard and cruise.......worked great in ams....even at big events.........his results versus villopotos in minis.................but ever since pro doesnt work...........the constant look back..........I like him....cant stand his father..............but I think in the whole grand scheme he never had a coach/team/trainer that worked on taking his strength.....holeshots..........and figuring out the next piece of the puzzle.........MO.............
hvaughn88 wrote:
Damn that's a lot of periods
Kinda makes your head spin, don't it?Pinch Grinning
bd
Posts
6055
Joined
4/6/2007
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
1/4/2015 4:00pm
Clutchy wrote:
Bully mentality. Let it go.... Let Jeff live.
Wow...... ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Let it go!!!!!!!

By the way, the Alessi's are some of the more approachable families in the pit. Mike Alessi is a hell of an athlete and good for the sport.

The passive aggressive attitude towards riders (Alessi, Villopoto, Stew to name a few) in the downer of vitalmx.com
bd
Posts
6055
Joined
4/6/2007
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
1/4/2015 4:02pm
Wow dude, it was a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard lol
Clutchy wrote:
As with the women in your life, I didn't feel your dick. Just the moisture from your douche.
Rehaustykus.... you want to see a joke. Read these rider's instagrams. You do not think they read them..... have feelings. Some compassion.

Imagine a mob blasting you, your brother or family relentlessly.
Hgibbs566
Posts
436
Joined
12/23/2014
Location
USA
1/4/2015 4:04pm
Clutchy wrote:
Okay... So with that said, then you and others like you should be even more understanding of Jeff and Mikes short comings in life, instead of...
Okay... So with that said, then you and others like you should be even more understanding of Jeff and Mikes short comings in life, instead of trying to bring others down to make yourself fell better.

And with that said.. If Tony or anyone else for that matter threw my stuff out of a dryer before it was done in that fashion, I would remove his stuff, finish mine and let him know that respect earns respect....!
I feel bad for Mike and Jeff.
With that said as long as Mike and Jeff keep dad around they're part of the problem and enabling these problems to happen.

If you do me wrong twice, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt.
Especially when you've just told me you needed the machines more than my friend did for his kids.

Post a reply to: Alessi

The Latest