AX track dimensions?

rt987
Posts
150
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
CA
Edited Date/Time 12/10/2015 8:36pm
I've gotta relocate my track and I get a much smaller amount of land this time. So i figured I'd rent some real equipment besides my tractor and make a real scale, arenacross track.

Would anyone know what (generally speaking) the total track length, and width would be? As well as lane width. I was thinking 4 lanes with one wrapping around at the end to start over. If anyone had that, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

E: While I'm thinking about it, what is the total length/width for a supercross test track? I'm talking the L x W of the entire track.
|
KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
12/10/2015 5:59pm
Arenacross tracks are normally 15-16' wide track width in an arena about 60-75 wide. The length of the arena floor determines the ultimate length of the track, which a hockey/basketball arena would be about 120'-140' long at a maximum. Basketball courts are only 94x50'. The overall length of the track would be about 400'-440' long.

Supercross tracks are normally 20' wide for a practice track. If you're gonna run tough blocks/hay bales then you can widen it to 22' to give 20' of usable area. Typical track length depends on a baseball or football stadium layout. The baseball stadium layouts if using the whole outfield are normally longer. Football stadium are roughly 2,000' long. If its a typical 6 lanes and an end lane. Baseball stadiums like the A-1 posted is about 2,250' long, it has 9 straights compared to say Atlanta which has 7 straights.
rt987
Posts
150
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
CA
12/10/2015 8:25pm
Exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks.

Didn't realize that SX tracks are that long
DownSouth
Posts
9969
Joined
7/5/2008
Location
Tallapoosa, GA, USA
12/10/2015 8:36pm
Here are a couple that the google machine found with overall dimensions. A little ciphering could give you a good idea about the lane widths.



Post a reply to: AX track dimensions?

The Latest