125 Dream Race Question

motoman998
I think I remember what the qualifying process was (if someone could post it as a reply that would be appreciated)

But was it frequent to have too many 125s to where they "cut" some guys?
|
urbanlift707
3/21/2020 7:53pm
For hangtown I just signed up, vet 30B rider, I got 22 outta 38. It was so awesome!
3/21/2020 8:02pm
Little disappointed in the 125 dream races. They had some fast guys at the front, but the skill level really dropped off. I really thought many more super fast guys would get in these races for exposure, but that did not happen.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
3/21/2020 9:56pm
Little disappointed in the 125 dream races. They had some fast guys at the front, but the skill level really dropped off. I really thought many...
Little disappointed in the 125 dream races. They had some fast guys at the front, but the skill level really dropped off. I really thought many more super fast guys would get in these races for exposure, but that did not happen.
some of the issues i noticed from the 1st year to last year that i feel kept some riders away.

A. didnt own their own 125 and had to borrow a bike or buy one cheap
B. the entry fee for a 4 lap exhibition was noted by many riders as a major drawback.
C. limiting the bike age range kept guys who maybe had a 90's 125 from showing up.
D. the crop of riders targeted were retired pros, racers not actively racing (ie broke privateers) or young amatuers
which is all a problem because retired pros are retired for a reason, broke privateers have no money for entry fee or
dont have a 125, and most hot shot 125 amateurs are racing 250f's not 125's.

If they did away with the entry fee at least, i feel that would net a 40 man gate
Nt141
3/21/2020 10:15pm
I know at Washougal they had two full (or almost full) qualifiers that were randomly seeded and they took the top 20 from each. But the large number of entries could have something to do with the original Dream Race starting there, so a bunch of the local fast guys already have 125s.

The Shop

cwtoyota
3/22/2020 1:41am
Nt141 wrote:
I know at Washougal they had two full (or almost full) qualifiers that were randomly seeded and they took the top 20 from each. But the...
I know at Washougal they had two full (or almost full) qualifiers that were randomly seeded and they took the top 20 from each. But the large number of entries could have something to do with the original Dream Race starting there, so a bunch of the local fast guys already have 125s.
I think you kinda nailed it with the fact that the original Dream Race started at 'Shougal. The OP really should have called his post "125 All Stars"...

The Dream Race is an entirely different event and it attracts a ton of local fast dudes not just on 125's (as you said) but also on 250's, 500s, minis, women and some vintage bikes.

That age 40+ 125cc class at last year's Dream Race had two heats, each with a nearly full national gate.
We're lucky to have so many people interested in racing these things up here in the northwest.

Post a reply to: 125 Dream Race Question

The Latest