2004 KTM 660RR Rally Replica for Sale

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2018 2:02 PM

Very Rare 2004 KTM 660RR Dakar Rally Motorcycle for Sale - $16,900 obo Photo

I am the third owner of this motorcycle. The second owner was one of my best friends from College, Scott. We have raced motocross, the UAE Desert Challenge Rally in Dubai and several Baja 1000s together.

This bike is a rare 2004 Factory KTM 660RR Rally that Scott purchased for 2004 FIM Rally in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, now called the UAE Desert Challenge. KTM only made about 25-30 of these motorcycles each year. Most have been ridden or raced to death and have been parted out. This bike has very low miles compared to the rest.

The first owner had bought it new from the KTM Factory for the 2004 Dakar Rally. He crashed out of the Dakar Rally on Day 1 and put it up for sale and Scott bought it. Scott Raced it in the 2004 UAE Desert Challenge which myself and another friend raced with him for the Power Horse Energy Drink Team. Power Horse is the Red Bull of the Middle East. This bike was officially the first fully sponsored Energy Drink Rally Motorcycle. Red Bull was just starting to come around the Rally scene with Factory KTM, but they were only a secondary sponsor.

Scott was running 6th overall until a crash on the final day 4 resulted in broken ribs and eventually a 19th place finish. I dnf'd on Day 2 (piece of crap bike…………hahaha). My other friend finished second in the 450cc class.

The next year, Scott leased the bike out to Pal Ullevalseter (multi time Dakar Finisher) for the UAE Desert Challenge who finished 6th overall which gained him 3rd overall in the FIM Rally World Championship.

From 2005 to 2013. The bike was stored in several garages in Dubai, but never ridden while Scott worked in Saudi Arabia and then moved back to the United States. In 2013, Scott finally shipped the bike to Colorado where he lives. He had the motor rebuilt by a local KTM shop and decided to race the bike in the 2015 Pike's Peak International Hill Climb. He finished in the top half of his class against some very fast street bikes on the KTM 660RR Rally. The bike raced in Tivoli Beer livery as Scott was marketing the revival of Tivoli Beer in Colorado, the oldest beer brand in Colorado - older the Coors.

During that time, Scott got the bike plated to be street legal in Colorado, but it only has a few street miles on it since the Peak's Peak Race. The plates should transfer to California, but might need an inspection. If transfer to California is a problem, the new owner is welcome to use my Arizona address to get an Arizona plate which does not require an inspection.

Finally, I got this bike on a trade deal. I have ridden it once on the pavement to a bike night. I can't keep it because I already a motorcycle that serves the same purpose and need the money for other things.

So there is a little history on this bike. The motor is fresh and ride or race ready. The suspension has just been serviced. One of the side rear tanks needs to be hooked back up to the fuel system as it had to be disconnected for the Pikes Peak race. 20 minute fix. The skid plate needs to be remounted, but needs a small bracket made that allows it to bolt to the frame was lost in shipment needs to be remade. A couple of hours in the garage will fix it. To race a Rally all you would need is a road book and the ICO. Everything plugs into the existing wiring.

I have a full street race wheel set with street tires, a spare front wheel and rear fender, and miscellanious parts box. I have all the paper work history on the bike and a clean title.

This is a very rare motorcycle that would look good in a museum as well as racing the Baja Rally or a fun dual sport bike.

Please call Bill if you are interested at 9 4 9 - 2 3 0 - 0 8 0 9 or email to bill@gilbert-engineering.com

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS:
TYPE: Liquid cooled, four stroke, single cylinder, SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
DISPLACEMENT: 653 cm3
BORE X STROKE:4.21x3.07 in OR 106.9x78.0 mm
COMPRESSION RATIO: 11.5:1
HORSEPOWER: 65/7500 KW(hp) / RPM
TORQUE: 51/6000 lb-ft/RPM OR 69/6000 Nm/RPM

FUEL SYSTEM: Carburetor

TRANSMISSION SPECIFICATIONS:
GEARBOX: 5-Speed
CLUTCH: Wet multi-discs
PRIMARY DRIVE- FINAL DRIVE: Chain with Cush Drive rear hub