2018 RMZ 250

Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 9:19am
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my question is for performance modifications what should my first step be ? I was looking into a FMF header and muffler but I keep reading that you won’t see much of a difference . So I guess my question is what other modifications do I need to do to get some sort of power increase ?
|
chewy4063
Posts
182
Joined
1/2/2019
Location
Austin, TX, USA
3/18/2019 4:06pm
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my...
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my question is for performance modifications what should my first step be ? I was looking into a FMF header and muffler but I keep reading that you won’t see much of a difference . So I guess my question is what other modifications do I need to do to get some sort of power increase ?
You want a good suspension set up for your size and riding style.
TymeMoto
Posts
647
Joined
3/1/2017
Location
Beverly Hills, CA, USA
3/18/2019 6:45pm
Here is my ‘18 RMZ 250. Full fmf and reckluse clutch are good upgrades.



3
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
3/18/2019 8:48pm
Suspension pipe ,vortex. Vp t4. Whole new bike. And reliable

The Shop

Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/19/2019 9:45am
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my...
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my question is for performance modifications what should my first step be ? I was looking into a FMF header and muffler but I keep reading that you won’t see much of a difference . So I guess my question is what other modifications do I need to do to get some sort of power increase ?
chewy4063 wrote:
You want a good suspension set up for your size and riding style.
How do I go about adjusting suspension or is there aftermarket parts for that ?
Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/19/2019 9:46am
mxb2 wrote:
Suspension pipe ,vortex. Vp t4. Whole new bike. And reliable
That’s just a pipe ?
1
Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/19/2019 9:48am
TymeMoto wrote:
Here is my ‘18 RMZ 250. Full fmf and reckluse clutch are good upgrades. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/18/332785/s1200_C597CB1E_774E_4906_A93B_58D4CF8880F8.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/18/332784/s1200_3F1A7A30_D048_4613_AC46_70466F546323.jpg[/img]
Here is my ‘18 RMZ 250. Full fmf and reckluse clutch are good upgrades.



I’ll look into the clutch. But is the fmf system alone give you noticeable power . I don’t want to spend 800 and not notice hahah
RONJ OSE
Posts
352
Joined
3/15/2019
Location
USA
3/19/2019 9:55am
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my...
I have a RMZ 250 that I’m currently building . So far all I’ve done is bought stuff to make it look better . So my question is for performance modifications what should my first step be ? I was looking into a FMF header and muffler but I keep reading that you won’t see much of a difference . So I guess my question is what other modifications do I need to do to get some sort of power increase ?
chewy4063 wrote:
You want a good suspension set up for your size and riding style.
How do I go about adjusting suspension or is there aftermarket parts for that ?
it seems like you dont know too much about bikes.

you send it in for revalve at a suspension shop
Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/19/2019 10:25am
mxb2 wrote:
Suspension pipe ,vortex. Vp t4. Whole new bike. And reliable
That’s just a pipe ?
Ohh that’s fuel
3/19/2019 12:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
Suspension pipe ,vortex. Vp t4. Whole new bike. And reliable
That’s just a pipe ?
Ohh that’s fuel
Suspension set up
Pipe-FMF or Yosh
Vortex ECU
VP T4 Fuel
2
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
3/19/2019 9:23pm
That’s just a pipe ?
Ohh that’s fuel
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Suspension set up
Pipe-FMF or Yosh
Vortex ECU
VP T4 Fuel
Bingo
1
Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/20/2019 2:06am
chewy4063 wrote:
You want a good suspension set up for your size and riding style.
How do I go about adjusting suspension or is there aftermarket parts for that ?
RONJ OSE wrote:
it seems like you dont know too much about bikes.

you send it in for revalve at a suspension shop
I do not know too much about bikes. I haven’t been in the motocross world since I was like 12 . I’m now 24 and just getting back into racing. I’ve had street bikes that I did some work on, But I do have a maintenance background. I’m a helicopter engine mechanic in the army and I’ve went to school for automotive. So I know my way around an engine, just haven’t messed with small engines or dirtbikes for awhile .
Wesley_Cox_32
Posts
22
Joined
3/28/2017
Location
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
3/20/2019 7:48am
If you want more power out of a 250, buy a 450. Problem solved.
2
Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/20/2019 8:44am
If you want more power out of a 250, buy a 450. Problem solved.
Thanks Wesley .. Good solution
1
TymeMoto
Posts
647
Joined
3/1/2017
Location
Beverly Hills, CA, USA
3/20/2019 1:11pm
I’ll look into the clutch. But is the fmf system alone give you noticeable power . I don’t want to spend 800 and not notice hahah
Honestly I think you could save money by just buying the slip on and leaving the header stock and make power similar gains.
1
Jacey_Tarter
Posts
10
Joined
3/17/2019
Location
Spring Hill, FL, USA
3/24/2019 9:19am
Had anyone used the vortex ECU ? So I guess my question is once the ecu is plugged in what happens with the SHAC ( Suzuki holeshot assist control) ? Do I unplug from the bike and the vortex takes over ? And is the vortex really as easy as plug and play ? I’ve looked for videos and articles all over but can’t seem to find anything for RMZ250 and the vortex ECU

Post a reply to: 2018 RMZ 250

The Latest