03’ CR125 Build

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2018 5:18 PM

Hi guys .

After seeing many many builds in the forums , I decided that I would love to do my own build !

To see what some of you guys managed to do is nothing short of amazing . It really inspired me to go and do the same .

I first started to check online for a CR125 that wasn’t in too bad shape , then saw this puppy . Bought the bike then in August .

Photo

Photo

Bike definitely needed some work , but I was up for the challenge.

This was after the first wash , was already looking way better at that point.

Photo
Photo

I had a very strict (low) budget that I needed to keep to, So I accumulated most of the parts over a few months.

Things started to get some traction in November , was able to get most of the stuff done .

First up it was the shock. It was in horrible condition . My friend at Cycleworx suspension helped me out with a full Shock rebuild

Photo

Then the time came for the wheels to be stripped.

Unfortunately couldn’t get some spokes loose so I had to cut a few . Luckily I had a few spare spokes lying around and my guy doing the engine had a few nipples laying around his workshop .

As you can see below , the wheels were in bad shap , oxidation started to form , I guess it was due to water being in between the rim and tube ?

Photo
Photo

Next up it was cleaning up the rims and take them to get anodized .

This is after anodizing was done and I already started lacing up the front wheel .

Photo

Think this is it for now , don’t want to get ahead of myself smile

Will do another update later on .

|

Instagram : @eondeysel974

12/5/2018 7:36 PM

Great stuff mate smile

|

12/5/2018 7:46 PM

Awesome man! Never was a fan of the cr’s then, but I dig the builds now!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/12/2018 5:56 AM

Thanks guys smile

Next update will be up shortly

|

Instagram : @eondeysel974