Ktm 380 conversion

earlshive418
Posts
129
Joined
9/12/2022
Location
Paintsville, KY, USA

Originally I wanted and still want a 500 but because they’re way too expensive I looked for a Ktm 380. Eventually I lucked into a 1999 380 exc for 1000 bucks. I’ve gotta get the cylinder repaired and ported. After that I’ll have the carb bored. Then I’ll buy a complete wiring harness for an 08 250sx and slap a 2k1 setup on it because ya know why not? lol I’ve got an 08 450sxf chassis bought for 350$ and I plan on sticking the engine in it. 

4
|
3/4/2025 3:27am
Originally I wanted and still want a 500 but because they’re way too expensive I looked for a Ktm 380. Eventually I lucked into a 1999...

Originally I wanted and still want a 500 but because they’re way too expensive I looked for a Ktm 380. Eventually I lucked into a 1999 380 exc for 1000 bucks. I’ve gotta get the cylinder repaired and ported. After that I’ll have the carb bored. Then I’ll buy a complete wiring harness for an 08 250sx and slap a 2k1 setup on it because ya know why not? lol I’ve got an 08 450sxf chassis bought for 350$ and I plan on sticking the engine in it. 

The 500 Ktm Prices are crazy at the moment, i was lucky to find mine in pieces for a good price.

For the 380 did you use the complete ignition from the 2008 SX ?

On my 380 the Ignition is not working right and i find no replacement 

earlshive418
Posts
129
Joined
9/12/2022
Location
Paintsville, KY, USA
3/4/2025 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2025 3:27pm
The 500 Ktm Prices are crazy at the moment, i was lucky to find mine in pieces for a good price.For the 380 did you use...

The 500 Ktm Prices are crazy at the moment, i was lucky to find mine in pieces for a good price.

For the 380 did you use the complete ignition from the 2008 SX ?

On my 380 the Ignition is not working right and i find no replacement 

Yes. The 2008 Ktm ignition is a direct swap as long as you buy the stator and cdi. You could also use a 300xc or 300xcw. I’m pretty sure you can still get everything brand new at rmatv for under 600$ 

Post a reply to: Ktm 380 conversion

The Latest