RMZ250 - Rear brake issue

PTshox
Hi,
I have an 08 RMZ 250 and I can't seem to get the rear brake to bleed/work correctly. It over heats and fads... the pedal
feels spongy and isn't firm.

I've tried bleeding it a bunch... even used a mini vac... The darn thing just doesn't feel firm like my honda CRF rear brake does...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not seeing leaks. Frustrating!
|
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
11/26/2017 10:34pm
Sometimes you won't necessarily see leaks but it will need a caliper and/or master cylinder rebuild. Definitely frustrating, good luck!
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
11/27/2017 3:32pm
PTshox wrote:
Hi, I have an 08 RMZ 250 and I can't seem to get the rear brake to bleed/work correctly. It over heats and fads... the pedal...
Hi,
I have an 08 RMZ 250 and I can't seem to get the rear brake to bleed/work correctly. It over heats and fads... the pedal
feels spongy and isn't firm.

I've tried bleeding it a bunch... even used a mini vac... The darn thing just doesn't feel firm like my honda CRF rear brake does...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not seeing leaks. Frustrating!
Rebuild the master cylinder. rocky mountain atv/mc should have a kit for it. If the caliper needs rebuilt, you'll generally spot leaking fluid, but if the master cylinder is leaking fluid around the piston, the brake will be weak and fade, and you'll only see a leak if the outer seal goes bad

Post a reply to: RMZ250 - Rear brake issue

The Latest