Oversized tank keeps leaking...

Alec138
Edited Date/Time 5/2/2020 9:08pm
Bought an acerbis 3.1 oversized tank on ebay and it works fine and all but I had to buy new gas hose to be able to use it because the preformed ktm hose kinked and wouldnt work. Well I bought the same diameter hose and put the quick connect in and hooked it to the tank fitting. I used hose clamps as i dont have the ktm clamps or tool. Well after riding i noticed gas leaking trickling down the hose at the fitting an where it connects to the quick connect. Ive tightened down the clamps as far as they would go without stripping them. Tried both small and bigger ones.

Any solutions?
|
CSAR FE
5/2/2020 1:33pm
Alec138 wrote:
Bought an acerbis 3.1 oversized tank on ebay and it works fine and all but I had to buy new gas hose to be able to...
Bought an acerbis 3.1 oversized tank on ebay and it works fine and all but I had to buy new gas hose to be able to use it because the preformed ktm hose kinked and wouldnt work. Well I bought the same diameter hose and put the quick connect in and hooked it to the tank fitting. I used hose clamps as i dont have the ktm clamps or tool. Well after riding i noticed gas leaking trickling down the hose at the fitting an where it connects to the quick connect. Ive tightened down the clamps as far as they would go without stripping them. Tried both small and bigger ones.

Any solutions?
What bike is it? You might be able to buy the hose and the mount for the hose on the bottom of the tank, off of an EXC model and make it work that way.
Alec138
5/2/2020 3:09pm
Alec138 wrote:
Bought an acerbis 3.1 oversized tank on ebay and it works fine and all but I had to buy new gas hose to be able to...

Any solutions?
CSAR FE wrote:
What bike is it? You might be able to buy the hose and the mount for the hose on the bottom of the tank, off of...
What bike is it? You might be able to buy the hose and the mount for the hose on the bottom of the tank, off of an EXC model and make it work that way.
16 350sxf. The stock hose for the stock tank wrapped up through the frame since the fitting didnt hang low. I saw the exc kit but i dont care to pay a ton of money for a fitting kit when there has to he a easier/cheaper way to do it. I was thinking 1/4” hose but wouldnt that restrict fuel to the bike and cause issues?
CSAR FE
5/2/2020 6:34pm
Alec138 wrote:

Any solutions?
CSAR FE wrote:
What bike is it? You might be able to buy the hose and the mount for the hose on the bottom of the tank, off of...
Alec138 wrote:
16 350sxf. The stock hose for the stock tank wrapped up through the frame since the fitting didnt hang low. I saw the exc kit but...
16 350sxf. The stock hose for the stock tank wrapped up through the frame since the fitting didnt hang low. I saw the exc kit but i dont care to pay a ton of money for a fitting kit when there has to he a easier/cheaper way to do it. I was thinking 1/4” hose but wouldnt that restrict fuel to the bike and cause issues?
If you want to do it right, pay the money to do it right. Or you can ghetto rig it and have the issues you’re having. You gotta pay to play bud.
Rickyisms
5/2/2020 7:50pm
CSAR FE wrote:
Alec138 wrote:
16 350sxf. The stock hose for the stock tank wrapped up through the frame since the fitting didnt hang low. I saw the exc kit but...
CSAR FE wrote:
If you want to do it right, pay the money to do it right. Or you can ghetto rig it and have the issues you’re having...
If you want to do it right, pay the money to do it right. Or you can ghetto rig it and have the issues you’re having. You gotta pay to play bud.
IIRC this is the same guy who asked about putting on his seat cover, was gonna buy a stapler from harbor freight and then return it. Doesn't seem like he likes to be paying a lot of money.

Cheap ain't badass and badass ain't cheap.

Post a reply to: Oversized tank keeps leaking...

The Latest