KTM 50 Power Issue Down Low - Need Help

rob27ma
Posts
150
Joined
9/23/2014
Location
Williamstown, MA, USA
I have a 2021 KTM 50 with 55hours on it and we are having an issue where coming out of a corner, or from a dead stop, the bike has no power. Once the bike starts moving it hits what seems like the powerband and the bike takes off, but it is really slow moving to start. This issue just started recently and before this the bike was fast out of corners and from dead stops and we never had any problems.

What I have tried so far.

New Top End
New Clutch plates and basket
New Stator
New Petcock
New Reeds
Checked/cleaned the Carburetor

The bike starts pretty good and moves fast on the topend once it gets there, but turns, hills, and dead stops there is something going on. I would consider my son very fast on the bike and he is on the gas all the time so I know it is not a rider issue, but I'm at a loss of what it could be at this point?

Also, clutch is set at 12 clicks.

Anyone have ideas, or other things to try?


|
Falcon
Posts
12602
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
9/27/2022 3:21pm
I bet the clutch is slipping. It needs lots of engine RPM to get the transmission moving, and then finally hooks up once the two assemblies are spinning at a similar rate, which is where the sudden acceleration comes from. I don't know how those are adjusted or replaced, but I'd start there.
rob27ma
Posts
150
Joined
9/23/2014
Location
Williamstown, MA, USA
9/28/2022 3:59am
Yeah, it ending up being the ball bearing basket and pressure plate. I noticed a little wear when I took it back apart again so swapped them and it finally seems to be working correctly again.

Post a reply to: KTM 50 Power Issue Down Low - Need Help

The Latest