HELP!! What is this Sound?!?!

BeachMX
Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 3:40pm
Hey everyone.

I need your help identifying this sound. I just put a new top end in last week, and after the engine got to operating temp, it started making this sound. I tore it down again to check (all good), re-assembled it, and still there. was not there when I first started riding it today to break in new piston, but returned once I got on it a little.

It only makes it when it gets hot it seems. Valves are in spec, timing is perfect, starts immediately.. what do you think it is?? bottom end? 2020 yz250f- 90hrs.

|
GaryC1
6/11/2021 3:38pm
Not sure what the setup is on the chain tensioner on a YZF but sounds chain related to me. Was the cam chain replaced and was the tensioner re-fitted and tensioned correctly?
BeachMX
6/11/2021 4:06pm
GaryC1 wrote:
Not sure what the setup is on the chain tensioner on a YZF but sounds chain related to me. Was the cam chain replaced and was...
Not sure what the setup is on the chain tensioner on a YZF but sounds chain related to me. Was the cam chain replaced and was the tensioner re-fitted and tensioned correctly?
Yes, the cam chain and tensioner were replaced at 60hrs... both stock.

I thought maybe that the chain had jumped a tooth or something, but no, after riding for a bit today and the noise coming on, I re-checked when I got home and all looks good with the timing.

Post a reply to: HELP!! What is this Sound?!?!

The Latest