16 kx450f kicks back when kicking over

It kicks back and then it broke the kicker gear. Ecu map? TPS setting? What do you think? Runs great once it’s running.
Thanks
|
Paw Paw
Posts
678
Joined
12/24/2011
Location
Benton, LA, USA
9/20/2020 4:23pm
With no bike history offered... Here are some items to check.
1. How old is the topend?
2. Valve status, age etc.?
3. Cam chain age? When last replaced?
4. Fuel pump last replaced?

Paw Paw
9/20/2020 4:47pm
I just did the top end, timing chain, set valve clearance, all have about an hr on it.
Idk exact hrs on fuel pump.
Runs great when running just kicks back sometimes when kicking it over
Factor E
Posts
983
Joined
9/22/2011
Location
So Cal, CA, USA
9/20/2020 5:03pm
Decompression mechanism on cam might not be working properly
9/20/2020 5:25pm
I bought a new cam and decompression set up a month ago as the old one want working correctly so it should be good.

The Shop

Paw Paw
Posts
678
Joined
12/24/2011
Location
Benton, LA, USA
9/20/2020 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2020 7:06pm
Factor E wrote:
Decompression mechanism on cam might not be working properly
X2 plus intake valve clearance is set too tight.

Also you stated in your other post that you have replaced your flywheel and stator, so the timing may now also be off.

All the story pieces are not out on this yet.

Paw Paw
9/21/2020 6:07am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2020 6:09am
I got up early before work and checked the valves. Intakes are .005,
exhaust are a loose .007 and a reg. 008
Forgot to check the decompression this am
Cam timing spot on.
Stator is bolted in place no adjustment, can’t advance or retard.
I’m going to look up tps adjustment and look into mapping. I feel like it’s too advanced for some reason

Post a reply to: 16 kx450f kicks back when kicking over

The Latest