Farleigh machine requirements/rules?

Mx746
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2017 6:53am
Checking in to ask if anyone here has a link to the bike requirements for Farleigh (to pass bike inspection) the rule link on official site doesn't list machine requirements
|
8/10/2017 4:40am
Do you mean what year? Or technical info like sound tests etc?....

It's kinda simple on bike eligibility/

Twinshock, pre 1980... but anything with drum brakes, twinshocks (including Mono-shock Yams) conventional forks and air cooled engine is fair game (early water cooled Huskies and Yams are included).
Evo is normally pre 89 but at Farleigh it's pre 91.
Super Evo is pre 97 (no alloy frame Honda's!)

Technical..
This done by the ACU. There rules and guide lines will be on the ACU website somewhere.
They check if the bikes track worthy. Head bearing, wheel bearings, spokes, foot-pegs gear lever must fold, brakes must work. Usually they ask for front sprocket guards, but as a lot of early bikes didn't have them its not really enforced. They have to be a little "loose" with the enforcement due to the age and designs of some of the bikes anyway. There's no sound testing. You need to take your helmet as well.
Tech inspection takes about 1min per bike

The ACU don't do the age related eligibility either. That's kinda done by.... well... no one... really... lol.

Stevie

Mx746
8/10/2017 10:08am
Thanks very much Stevie, I'm thinking of submitting an application for next years lottery. I have a super evo 95cr 125 but it has some modern parts (front end, brakes)

billyslad
8/11/2017 11:15pm
StevieD113 wrote:
Do you mean what year? Or technical info like sound tests etc?.... It's kinda simple on bike eligibility/ Twinshock, pre 1980... but anything with drum brakes...
Do you mean what year? Or technical info like sound tests etc?....

It's kinda simple on bike eligibility/

Twinshock, pre 1980... but anything with drum brakes, twinshocks (including Mono-shock Yams) conventional forks and air cooled engine is fair game (early water cooled Huskies and Yams are included).
Evo is normally pre 89 but at Farleigh it's pre 91.
Super Evo is pre 97 (no alloy frame Honda's!)

Technical..
This done by the ACU. There rules and guide lines will be on the ACU website somewhere.
They check if the bikes track worthy. Head bearing, wheel bearings, spokes, foot-pegs gear lever must fold, brakes must work. Usually they ask for front sprocket guards, but as a lot of early bikes didn't have them its not really enforced. They have to be a little "loose" with the enforcement due to the age and designs of some of the bikes anyway. There's no sound testing. You need to take your helmet as well.
Tech inspection takes about 1min per bike

The ACU don't do the age related eligibility either. That's kinda done by.... well... no one... really... lol.

Stevie

Stevie

It still says machines up to and including 1989 for evo 125 on the regs has there been another change ?
8/12/2017 4:15am
billyslad wrote:
Stevie

It still says machines up to and including 1989 for evo 125 on the regs has there been another change ?
Pretty sure you are correct Mick, 89 is the "official" rule.... I just don't think the rules are enforced that strictly. Certainly no one at technical inspection is looking at the years and class eligibility side of it.

That CR250 Trampas Parker was riding a couple of years ago was a 91...it also has Showa CRF 450 A-kit forks!

Mx746. I wouldn't be worried about the changes you made to the forks. I'd imagine more people would notice your trimmed side panels... And I'd put money down on some miserable git whinging about them to you well before they noticed the forks. LaughingLaughing

Stevie

The Shop

Mx746
8/12/2017 6:53am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2017 6:58am
billyslad wrote:
Stevie

StevieD113 wrote:
Pretty sure you are correct Mick, 89 is the "official" rule.... I just don't think the rules are enforced that strictly. Certainly no one at technical...
Pretty sure you are correct Mick, 89 is the "official" rule.... I just don't think the rules are enforced that strictly. Certainly no one at technical inspection is looking at the years and class eligibility side of it.

That CR250 Trampas Parker was riding a couple of years ago was a 91...it also has Showa CRF 450 A-kit forks!

Mx746. I wouldn't be worried about the changes you made to the forks. I'd imagine more people would notice your trimmed side panels... And I'd put money down on some miserable git whinging about them to you well before they noticed the forks. LaughingLaughing

Stevie
I'm definitely scoring no points with moto purists with this machine
billyslad
8/12/2017 11:15pm
There have been plenty of people riding with crf forks in 89 cr 250 s this season in eastern evo and U.K. evo series and I don't think there has been any complaints

If they had a tech inspection and rigidly enforced the years half the bikes there would be sent home

Fast riders are fast on anything in my experience
I have made plenty of mods to my bikes but it wouldn't elevate me to the podium even if I was on a modern
It takes great skill to get them to go that slowly !
Mx746
8/13/2017 9:30am
billyslad wrote:
There have been plenty of people riding with crf forks in 89 cr 250 s this season in eastern evo and U.K. evo series and I...
There have been plenty of people riding with crf forks in 89 cr 250 s this season in eastern evo and U.K. evo series and I don't think there has been any complaints

If they had a tech inspection and rigidly enforced the years half the bikes there would be sent home

I have made plenty of mods to my bikes but it wouldn't elevate me to the podium even if I was on a modern
I'll run this past event organizers just to be sure. Trying to get lucky with an international spot in 18.
Jim-7
8/15/2017 8:58pm
How do you get to race in that anyway? I live in the USA and always wanted to race in that but don't know anyway I could, just a dream I guess.
cvm
8/16/2017 2:01am
Jim-7 wrote:
How do you get to race in that anyway? I live in the USA and always wanted to race in that but don't know anyway I...
How do you get to race in that anyway? I live in the USA and always wanted to race in that but don't know anyway I could, just a dream I guess.
Know people and have a sh!t ton of disposable income. Real Simple....
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/18/2017 1:39pm
billyslad wrote:
There have been plenty of people riding with crf forks in 89 cr 250 s this season in eastern evo and U.K. evo series and I...

What about ACU helmet stickers, do they do helmet inspections and give those out at the race? That is how we do it at AHRMA races here where you can have your helmet inspected and get a sticker at tech inspection.

I have a Bell Moto-9 Flex. The only information I can find is that I must have a silver or gold ACU sticker on my helmet.

Post a reply to: Farleigh machine requirements/rules?

The Latest