Bailey disc conversion

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:00am
Jt racing 6, and anyone else who has done a conversion, any chance you can fill us in more on what it took. Do you have any pics with the guard off? I am guessing the 87 cr was the source of the caliper, cylinder, and hub.
|
jtracing6
Posts
588
Joined
11/26/2009
Location
Dundalk, IE
6/12/2011 1:24am
Hi Thomas
I'll get you some pictures in the next day or two.
I'm going to convert my CR125 1986 to a rear disc ala Johnny O'Mara and Micky Diamonds factory bike. I hope to do a little photo story.
jt.
jtracing6
Posts
588
Joined
11/26/2009
Location
Dundalk, IE
6/19/2011 8:29am
Here are some photos of my brake conversion.

If you have any further questions please contact me.




mosslander
Posts
736
Joined
2/1/2009
Location
Travad, SE
6/19/2011 11:27am
Very nice Keith ! now I have an idea how to make it so thank's for those photos !!
ElkinHammer
Posts
134
Joined
11/26/2008
Location
Marion, NC, USA
6/21/2011 7:03pm
super trick!

The Shop

nevadaside
Posts
19
Joined
6/27/2011
Location
Zephyr Cove, NV, USA
7/5/2011 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 8:31pm
super trick!
Am I the only one who misses the 125 class?

NO

'86 CR125 one of my favs of all my bikes. Rode it stock except for WP suspension,........used to holeshot over 500's when they would put all INT's on the line together.
jtracing6
Posts
588
Joined
11/26/2009
Location
Dundalk, IE
7/6/2011 7:26am
I have a nice 1986 CR125 as well. I'm going to fit a rear disc to it over this winter after Faleigh Castle VMXdN in September.
I'll try to post some pictures of the whole sequence. Stay tuned!
jps
Posts
24
Joined
7/3/2011
Location
FR
7/6/2011 11:59pm
Silly

very nice job...!

jps
MaxOne
Posts
8
Joined
10/2/2009
Location
New York, NY, USA
9/4/2011 1:12pm
jtracing6 wrote:
Here are some photos of my brake conversion. If you have any further questions please contact me. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/17915/photos/48524/s1600_IMG_3415.jpg?1308495585[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/17915/photos/48523/s1600_IMG_3406.jpg?1308495573[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/17915/photos/48522/s1600_IMG_3398.jpg?1308495561[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/17915/photos/48521/s1600_IMG_3396.jpg?1308495544[/img]
Here are some photos of my brake conversion.

If you have any further questions please contact me.




Dear Friend ,

For the rear swing arm have you use a cr 125 87 or the original 86 ? Do you have any parts for the 86 for sale ?

Best !
jtracing6
Posts
588
Joined
11/26/2009
Location
Dundalk, IE
9/5/2011 7:11am
Maxone
I used the stock 86 swingarm ala factory bike. I took a complete rear brake from a CR and made all the mounting plates from cardboard templates. I had to cut the caliper mounting guide from a newer swingarm and weld to my 86 swingarm. I hand made the alloy frame guard (not that difficult) but took about 6 tries. Also I had to shorten the subframe on the right side. The hardest part was getting a good picture of the "sharkfin" that supported the subframe on the inside. For my 86 CR125 I have a later frame that I will cut off the pedal mount, master cyl mount and reservoir mount and welt to my frame, much easier. I had to jig around the position of the pedal and reservoir mount a bit to get them to line up correctly. Then weld it all up and powder coat !
Yes I have lots of 1986 CR250 parts let me know what you want, bear in mind I'm in Spain though.
1

Post a reply to: Bailey disc conversion

The Latest