Wind Energy Careers

luke99
Edited Date/Time 4/16/2014 10:44pm
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone here works within the wind energy sector in America preferably california.
It's my dream to make the trip across the pond and I have been looking for work, however I understand it's usually more who you know rather than what you know, especially when your in my position of living across the Atlantic.
If anyone has any connections, info or tips it would be massively appreciated.
I'm currently a well established project manager for a well respected wind turbine services company based here in the UK.

Thanks in advance.
|
enketchum
4/12/2014 2:19pm
Stay there, the wind business here in California is ripe with corruption
luke99
4/12/2014 4:17pm
Really how??
Brown packages to government officials or inter corruption between asset managers and OEMs?
enketchum
4/12/2014 8:17pm
Interagency corruption and with Chinese manufacturers. Look up what just happened with the Nevada BLM and the cattle rancher. That was based around taking over the public land for sustainable energy.
rallendude
4/13/2014 7:31am
Not only that but it won't last long. The inefficiency of wind energy is starting to catch up with it.

The Shop

luke99
4/13/2014 7:36am
So long as people keep making a tidy profit from owning wind farms they will still be around. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
enketchum
4/13/2014 9:38am
They only making profits here because of government subsidies. Wind electricity in California costs more than natural gas electricity and people don't want it coming to their homes.
XXVoid MainXX
4/13/2014 10:22am
You need to get hold of twrizzle. I don't know where he hangs out these days but he installs those giant wind turbines. He started in California and then worked in various places in the Midwest and I'm not sure where he is now.
luke99
4/14/2014 2:10am
Thanks void main, any idea how I can dm him on this website? I can't find a post if his anywhere.
Cheers
Boxvan446
4/14/2014 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2014 12:29pm
My cousin just moved from Michel's wind division (big wind/construction company in Wisconsin, they do work all over the US) to Mortenson (out of Minnesota, basically the competitor to Michel's) in their wind division. He was saying they've got a 3-4 year backlog of wind farm type work.

http://www.mortenson.com/
XXVoid MainXX
4/14/2014 1:30pm
I haven't heard from twrizzle in a couple of years and to be honest I'm not entirely sure he's got an account on this site, he was on a few other moto boards though. I see there is a twizzler on this site but I don't think it's the same guy. I do have an email address for twrizzle but I wouldn't want to give it out without his permission, if it is still in use. Tell you what, I send an email to that address and point him over here. If he gets the email I'm sure he would contact you.
enketchum
4/14/2014 2:25pm
My uncle is a Foreman with Bloom. They install and then sell the electricity to the company for less than a power company can sell it to them. It's making profits but they haven't returned their initial investment
Rooster
4/14/2014 4:39pm
Hey Luke don't let some of the responses here turn you off. There's plenty of folks here that want to politicize everything from wind energy to corn flakes.

Wind is expanding and there's plenty of work to be found in the industry. Find a forum more dedicated to the subject and try there. I'm positive you'll get better information than you'll find in here.
XXVoid MainXX
4/14/2014 5:41pm
I heard back from twrizzle and I sent you his info. He can surely fill you in.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
4/14/2014 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2014 6:00pm
Hey Bro,

I moved from South Dakota and was employed by a company that makes the blades for the turbines.

Lots of room there with several divisions. Molded Fiberglass of South Dakota. They have divisions on the west coast also.........

It's online, apply if you're interested.......

Good luck bro
PS
MT MX
4/15/2014 12:44pm
Beast666 wrote:
I know that invenergy is always looking for workers at there Central MT wind farm. It is out in the middle of nowhere but the living...
I know that invenergy is always looking for workers at there Central MT wind farm. It is out in the middle of nowhere but the living can be quite cheap.

https://invenergyllc.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512282.viewjo…
Yeah, that's the Judith Basin Wind Farm. Pretty large one.
These wind farms are popping up everywhere here in Montana. Kind of sad, because of how much of a shithole Montana is becoming. The East side of the Rocky Mountain front has windfarms up and down the front. From there they are met with oil drilling outfits that are just shitting all over our state. If you ever get the opportunity to drive through the Baaken, or Williston - DON"T DO IT. It's really sad how much of a shithole that has become also.
The Spion Kop windfarm signed my in-laws up to use some of there grazing farm land for wind turbines. The developer made promises (in writing) that they are not following through with and also not paying royalties to the ranchers for their properties.

To the OP, steer clear of NaturEner in Northern Montana. Some shady shit going on with fraud with this outfit also.
luke99
4/15/2014 1:51pm
Wow this thread just got busy.
Thanks for all the replies, I will definitely try a couple of those links, it's really appreciated!
Thanks void man for twrizzles info once I find my messages on this bloody site I will definitely drop him a line!

And there was me thinking I would get nothing but negatives, you're a good bunch really!
48fordcoe
4/15/2014 2:18pm
You can make good money picking up all the birds on the wind farms
Beast666
4/15/2014 6:40pm
Beast666 wrote:
I know that invenergy is always looking for workers at there Central MT wind farm. It is out in the middle of nowhere but the living...
I know that invenergy is always looking for workers at there Central MT wind farm. It is out in the middle of nowhere but the living can be quite cheap.

https://invenergyllc.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512282.viewjo…
MT MX wrote:
Yeah, that's the Judith Basin Wind Farm. Pretty large one. These wind farms are popping up everywhere here in Montana. Kind of sad, because of how...
Yeah, that's the Judith Basin Wind Farm. Pretty large one.
These wind farms are popping up everywhere here in Montana. Kind of sad, because of how much of a shithole Montana is becoming. The East side of the Rocky Mountain front has windfarms up and down the front. From there they are met with oil drilling outfits that are just shitting all over our state. If you ever get the opportunity to drive through the Baaken, or Williston - DON"T DO IT. It's really sad how much of a shithole that has become also.
The Spion Kop windfarm signed my in-laws up to use some of there grazing farm land for wind turbines. The developer made promises (in writing) that they are not following through with and also not paying royalties to the ranchers for their properties.

To the OP, steer clear of NaturEner in Northern Montana. Some shady shit going on with fraud with this outfit also.
I have no plans of getting back to MT any time soon other than perhaps heading up to Missoula for a weekend of mountain biking and hanging out with a girl that I know there. I left MT a little over a year and don't miss living there one single bit I lived in Lewistown for 3 1/2 years.
4/16/2014 11:39am
enketchum wrote:
Interagency corruption and with Chinese manufacturers. Look up what just happened with the Nevada BLM and the cattle rancher. That was based around taking over the...
Interagency corruption and with Chinese manufacturers. Look up what just happened with the Nevada BLM and the cattle rancher. That was based around taking over the public land for sustainable energy.
It's the federal BLM and the dispute is over tortoise habitat. I haven't heard any connection to wind energy.

Post a reply to: Wind Energy Careers

The Latest