Charity

newmann
Owning a small business , my phone rings off the wall with assholes and telemarketers from all over the place. Many of them with some charity group running a scam. I always quiz them on where they are calling from, who they actually represent and what actual percentage of money raised goes to said cause. I have had them tell me straight up that 90% goes to admin fees. Other than where the wife and I decide to give money, the only people who get money from me are the ones who walk through my door, usually the local police for their golf tournament. Phone solicitors can fugg off.

Here's one for the day, 5.7%...lmao. They make the Wounded Warrior scam artists seem like the most caring fuckers in the world.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/16/just-5-7-percent-of-clinton-foundatio…
|
MR. X
9/17/2016 9:48am
I throw a few bucks a week at the united way every week . The ones that bug me are when the scouts and sports teams ambush you outside of supermarkets . If they come to the door selling stuff ,i'm more then happy to help them out but the ambush thing just bugs the shit out of me.
nicko-31
9/17/2016 10:30am
My wife and I chose just one Organization to give to and we stick with just that one. As for the Boy Scouts $17.00 for pop corn is a little too steep for me.
Group23
9/17/2016 10:33am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2016 10:34am
A kid came to my door earlier this summer saying his church group was trying to build a new swimming poor at their rec center and needed donations, So gave him a cup of water.

And just last night I have no idea how they got my cellular number but some charity I've never heard of called asking for more money, I told them that I give to Tempura House, He wasn't familiar with it. I said it was a house for lightly battered woman.

Actually my employer takes fifty bucks a month out my check each month. I'm not a total dick

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
9/17/2016 11:22am
Im a charity case and donations are wayyyyy down.

Post a reply to: Charity

The Latest