2013 yz 250

Edited Date/Time 4/19/2013 4:07pm
i just got a 2013 yz 250 and i have a race coming up whats the best way to get used to and comfortable on the bike? And this will be my first race so any tips on racing will help out?
|
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
4/4/2013 10:09am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2013 10:14am
The only way to get comfortable on your bike is to ride ride ride! There is no other way. When it comes to racing don't go to the track with any expectations, just enjoy riding. When u start getting nervous on the gate just remember all u r doing is riding, something you have done before so there is nothing to get nervous about. Dont grip really hard because you are nervous, just relax. If you grip too tight you will have to pull off within 2 laps. Look ahead in the corners, grip with your knees, elbows up, and most important STAND UP! Other important tip watch for flaggers, drink plenty of water, and even though it feels like you with get sick, eat something, something small and healthy, like a granola bar. If you have any problems don't feel bad to ask other riders, most riders are like family and will help you out. Something someone told me once "to win you first have to finish". But out of all this just have fun.
Bguy85
4/9/2013 7:02am
The only way to get comfortable on your bike is to ride ride ride! There is no other way. When it comes to racing don't go...
The only way to get comfortable on your bike is to ride ride ride! There is no other way. When it comes to racing don't go to the track with any expectations, just enjoy riding. When u start getting nervous on the gate just remember all u r doing is riding, something you have done before so there is nothing to get nervous about. Dont grip really hard because you are nervous, just relax. If you grip too tight you will have to pull off within 2 laps. Look ahead in the corners, grip with your knees, elbows up, and most important STAND UP! Other important tip watch for flaggers, drink plenty of water, and even though it feels like you with get sick, eat something, something small and healthy, like a granola bar. If you have any problems don't feel bad to ask other riders, most riders are like family and will help you out. Something someone told me once "to win you first have to finish". But out of all this just have fun.
Well said!
SwapperMX
4/15/2013 5:24am
First thing to do after mentioning "get comfortable" and "YZ" in the same sentence, is to buy a new set of bars. The oem bend pro tapers are HORRIBLE !!
Wildside1
4/19/2013 4:07pm
Best handling and best stock suspension 250 sold...enjoy, keep it fun and dont ride over your head.

Post a reply to: 2013 yz 250

The Latest