Posts
242
Joined
4/25/2007
Location
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time
1/25/2012 9:11pm
I watched today (most of it) the U.S. Open on CBS. What a over commercialized piece of crap !
If this is main stream T.V. for our sport, then we just took a step backwards. I only wish there would have been a rerun of Gilligan's Island, on instead. Okay maybe that was harsh, but I feel it was in bad taste as far as what the sport is.
90 minutes of airtime, and about 20 minutes of racing. (I didn't time it) but I left home before it was over.
BORING !
This insures, that I will not make plans around future racing on CBS !!
Oh...and Reed...what a pussy, pushing Shorty, like that at the start of Saturdays main...that's Karma, at it's best. Seems like he (Reed) can only go fast with a clear track. I have lost respect.
If this is main stream T.V. for our sport, then we just took a step backwards. I only wish there would have been a rerun of Gilligan's Island, on instead. Okay maybe that was harsh, but I feel it was in bad taste as far as what the sport is.
90 minutes of airtime, and about 20 minutes of racing. (I didn't time it) but I left home before it was over.
BORING !
This insures, that I will not make plans around future racing on CBS !!
Oh...and Reed...what a pussy, pushing Shorty, like that at the start of Saturdays main...that's Karma, at it's best. Seems like he (Reed) can only go fast with a clear track. I have lost respect.
I'm not a Reed fan, but his comment about not riding around in 2nd anymore is maybe a good sign. RC and Stewart only have one way of riding, wide open. It seems like this might be a new focus for Reed and in a way, you have to admire that. He has the attitude that he is either going to win or die trying.
It appears as though he can't win with fans, as people complain that he doesn't hang it out. It might make for better racing if he adopts this attitude. Waiting for Stewart to make a mistake is not gaining him respect, so I think his strategy is changing. His sportsmanship though, well, that needs some work. Let the riding do the talking, a win or 2 heads up and things will get interesting. If Short had half the attitude that Reed does, that dude would be getting some W's for sure. CBS coverage, sleeper for sure. They didn't show Fri night because there was nothing to see. Sat, the track was better and the racing was more interesting. CBS could have shown more racing though.
Post edited by: eurohero, at: 10/22/2007 6:43 AM
Post edited by: eurohero, at: 10/22/2007 6:49 AM
I can only see Reed, going fast on a clear track. If he is in traffic, then he struggles under presure.
but i feal as if the t.v. coverage is not attend for the fans who race themselves but more for those outside of the sport who just have an intrest in watching it
The Shop
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
i dont think that people that are not into motocross could watch two 4 35 minute motos unless you are a racer as well
i could watch hours and hours of mx but if they cut NASCAR down i would watch it more often
You have to admit, there are more people who know who Jeff Gordon is than there are people who know who RC is. The average person that does not follow NASCAR can probably name 3-5 drivers, that is not the case with MX although I wish it was. Two heat races and a main event, that is not too much to ask, is it?
SX coverage used to be pretty good, but now it's taken a step back. Heat race highlights and maybe 10 laps of the main, thats BS. All the filler thats thrown in these days, I don't think it helps with new viewers or helps \"newbie\" MX fans.
The last 2 years of SX coverage has been spent trying to explain class names and the points system of 2 different series that are really one series, but gets awards for 2 series, before the next series thats run in a different spot than the other series that has the same bikes as the last series, but has some riders that only race one series. Great. Thanks AMA, thanks Live Nation.
they need a way to keep the fans around and attract new ones as well
They have so many commercials because the sponsored ads are of minimal pay, so they have to load the airtime, to make the production cost.
I have for many years, made purchases, towards the moto ads...bought my Tundra, cuz they sponsored, Samsung cell phone, etc.
Post a reply to: U.S. Open on CBS