How do they sell em this cheap?

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:48am
Been thinking about getting a new 450, and I found some amazing deals on Ebay. How the heck are they marking these bikes down so low? Major incentives, I guess. But for some reason the only deals like this I found or in New Jersey/New York area. I wonder why that is?

Anyways, I realize there are some bullshit fees thrown in, and you have to go to the dealer and sign for the bike, but SHIT, this is cheap!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=2011+crf450&_sacat=See-All-Categories
|
Hman144
Posts
2131
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
York, PA, USA
Fantasy
2/28/2011 6:45pm
Somethin' smells funny.

I like how they're going after the hard-core MXer by using words like "Red Dirt Bike" and "motorcross" in the title so us dim-witted biker types find their listings when we search.
MX4EVR
Posts
835
Joined
7/27/2010
Location
Canton, OH, USA
2/28/2011 6:48pm
They make all there money in parts when them 4 stokes drop a valve!!!
Wadded_Up
Posts
710
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/28/2011 6:48pm
And some guys are trying to sell a two year old used bike for $5,000 - $6,000 dollars. No wonder its a losing battle! Buy a used 450 for 5,000, have it blow a motor and see how that works out. For every used four stroke, you have to factor in a $1,500 - $2,000 blown motor factor........That equals a $2,500 - $3,000 bike at best. I'll buy new everytime........
jmc2
Posts
1353
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Gilbert, AZ, USA
Fantasy
2/28/2011 6:49pm
That means you should get those 2 strokes really cheap...

The Shop

jleews6
Posts
2304
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
Hardy, VA, USA
2/28/2011 6:51pm
You do know that they add on $500 to the sale price right? They put a low "buy it now" and then tack on the setup fee.Some of them have a low price but then when you look at the bottom of the page they add on $700
2/28/2011 6:51pm
Wadded_Up wrote:
And some guys are trying to sell a two year old used bike for $5,000 - $6,000 dollars. No wonder its a losing battle! Buy a...
And some guys are trying to sell a two year old used bike for $5,000 - $6,000 dollars. No wonder its a losing battle! Buy a used 450 for 5,000, have it blow a motor and see how that works out. For every used four stroke, you have to factor in a $1,500 - $2,000 blown motor factor........That equals a $2,500 - $3,000 bike at best. I'll buy new everytime........
I hear ya. I have a 2006 RM250 sitting in the garage that I may keep forever "just in case".

I wont pay $8100 for a new bike, but I wouldnt mind picking one up for what these guys are asking, just for the FI alone. Keeping the RM for days when I wanna Rip n Shred.
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2/28/2011 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2011 6:54pm
MX4EVR wrote:
They make all there money in parts when them 4 stokes drop a valve!!!
That would be true if you're such a clown that you can't even perform the simplest of maintenance duties.
onenastynotch
Posts
724
Joined
3/3/2007
Location
West Babylon, NY, USA
2/28/2011 6:58pm
thats cycle world in jersey they add 595 for destination charges and 98 for paperwork processing.....ive never bought from them but know a few who have and were happy with the service now if i could just find a 2010 or 2011 rmz 450 for that price
Wadded_Up
Posts
710
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/28/2011 6:59pm
Wadded_Up wrote:
And some guys are trying to sell a two year old used bike for $5,000 - $6,000 dollars. No wonder its a losing battle! Buy a...
And some guys are trying to sell a two year old used bike for $5,000 - $6,000 dollars. No wonder its a losing battle! Buy a used 450 for 5,000, have it blow a motor and see how that works out. For every used four stroke, you have to factor in a $1,500 - $2,000 blown motor factor........That equals a $2,500 - $3,000 bike at best. I'll buy new everytime........
I hear ya. I have a 2006 RM250 sitting in the garage that I may keep forever "just in case". I wont pay $8100 for a...
I hear ya. I have a 2006 RM250 sitting in the garage that I may keep forever "just in case".

I wont pay $8100 for a new bike, but I wouldnt mind picking one up for what these guys are asking, just for the FI alone. Keeping the RM for days when I wanna Rip n Shred.
I sold my last CRF 450 for $2,800.....sad.....perfect condition....(few years ago)....I then went back to one of those "old school pre-mix bikes".......I'm not as fast on it, but I have fun.........I also switched from a Honda to a Yamaha, sorry as it seems!
BD49
Posts
394
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Canton, GA, USA
2/28/2011 7:12pm
Hman144 wrote:
Somethin' smells funny. I like how they're going after the hard-core MXer by using words like "Red Dirt Bike" and "motorcross" in the title so us...
Somethin' smells funny.

I like how they're going after the hard-core MXer by using words like "Red Dirt Bike" and "motorcross" in the title so us dim-witted biker types find their listings when we search.
The dude has over 700 feedbacks and a 100% rating...all big ticket bike items.

I'd say you're safe...
2/28/2011 7:20pm
Hman144 wrote:
Somethin' smells funny. I like how they're going after the hard-core MXer by using words like "Red Dirt Bike" and "motorcross" in the title so us...
Somethin' smells funny.

I like how they're going after the hard-core MXer by using words like "Red Dirt Bike" and "motorcross" in the title so us dim-witted biker types find their listings when we search.
BD49 wrote:
The dude has over 700 feedbacks and a 100% rating...all big ticket bike items.

I'd say you're safe...
Thanks for taking the time to do a little research. I noticed that also, but I just wondered why local dealers aren't marking em down that cheap?
Cody24
Posts
779
Joined
11/15/2009
Location
Bend, OR, USA
2/28/2011 7:23pm
What kind of brand do you ride? I'm factory blue bike all the way! Laughing
Camp332
Posts
8760
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Zoo Jersey, USA
2/28/2011 7:24pm
Just goes to show you how freakin awesome, Jersey is.
Wadded_Up
Posts
710
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/28/2011 7:26pm
I was thinking of dual sporting a CRF450X, the local (small) dealer had the bike for (new) $5,200. It was a 2008 or 09, who cares......They had a few........
2/28/2011 7:30pm
Cody24 wrote:
What kind of brand do you ride? I'm factory blue bike all the way! Laughing
I currently have a 2006 Rm250, and a 2000 YZ125 in the garage. I have ridden them all! I had an;06 kx450f but sold it when I was hard up for money.

I do feel like there is nothing better than a brand new Honda though!
Xeno
Posts
3742
Joined
12/30/2010
Location
San Clemente, CA, USA
2/28/2011 7:35pm
Wadded_Up wrote:
I was thinking of dual sporting a CRF450X, the local (small) dealer had the bike for (new) $5,200. It was a 2008 or 09, who cares......They...
I was thinking of dual sporting a CRF450X, the local (small) dealer had the bike for (new) $5,200. It was a 2008 or 09, who cares......They had a few........
$5200 for a new 450X is the cheapest price that I've heard of. Where is your local dealer? Or is that too personal of a question?Cool
powDIRT
Posts
197
Joined
9/23/2010
Location
Raleigh, NC, USA
2/28/2011 7:43pm
I heard they ship them up from Atlanta..... just kidding (don't crucify me haha)
Jarid332
Posts
5360
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Somewhere north of Toronto, CA
Fantasy
2/28/2011 7:48pm
powDIRT wrote:
I heard they ship them up from Atlanta..... just kidding (don't crucify me haha)
The ol" Atlanta/Jersey connection eh?
Motodude
Posts
5320
Joined
2/2/2008
Location
Sydney, AU
2/28/2011 7:51pm
greedbay...and I cant even find a lousy 1982 RM 465 oem silencer.
Wadded_Up
Posts
710
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/28/2011 8:02pm
powDIRT wrote:
I heard they ship them up from Atlanta..... just kidding (don't crucify me haha)
Thats low!
Motodude
Posts
5320
Joined
2/2/2008
Location
Sydney, AU
2/28/2011 8:06pm
Baltimore to be exact
Wadded_Up
Posts
710
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/28/2011 8:08pm
Wadded_Up wrote:
I was thinking of dual sporting a CRF450X, the local (small) dealer had the bike for (new) $5,200. It was a 2008 or 09, who cares......They...
I was thinking of dual sporting a CRF450X, the local (small) dealer had the bike for (new) $5,200. It was a 2008 or 09, who cares......They had a few........
Xeno wrote:
$5200 for a new 450X is the cheapest price that I've heard of. Where is your local dealer? Or is that too personal of a question?Cool
Far far away from the left coast! I'm an east coaster, New England area........I'll call my friend there and see if he still has some. I'll let you know.....I thought it was a great price and nearly jumped......But it would be my 4th bike!
mattbmx63
Posts
585
Joined
7/25/2008
Location
Wallingford, CT, USA
2/28/2011 8:46pm
Last year honda had big incentives. Paid $5300 otd for a 09 crf450 last march. That's even with fees and tax
MX4EVR
Posts
835
Joined
7/27/2010
Location
Canton, OH, USA
2/28/2011 9:55pm
MX4EVR wrote:
They make all there money in parts when them 4 stokes drop a valve!!!
jmar wrote:
That would be true if you're such a clown that you can't even perform the simplest of maintenance duties.
The possibility exists that a valve can drop no matter how often you adjust them, you know this.

Post a reply to: How do they sell em this cheap?

The Latest