FMF 4.1 RCT Slip On

bullpen58
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:02pm
Just picked it up from the local parts peddler and when I unboxed it was horrified to see "USFS Spark Arrestor Approved" on the can. WTF is this bullshit???? I ordered a pipe for a RACE bike. There is no damn head light on that thing!!!

I almost popped a vessel in my brain with rage until I realized that MAYBE I actually have the correct pipe. Do any of you know? Does the RACE pipe come with a stupid ass S/A in it? And if so, how do I remove that POS????
|
5/6/2011 8:36pm
Look for an alan head screw on the end, unscrew it and the screen should just pull out.
It's nothing that will hurt performance and if you ever go ride in any place that requires them just slip it back in and your set.
bullpen58
5/6/2011 8:43pm
This one does not have that screw like the last one I bought. It has a different end-cap. Doesn't it choke the bike down? I am NEVER gonna ride it anywhere that requires a S/A. I'm too big of a puss for anything but moto.
bearded clam
bullpen58 wrote:
Just picked it up from the local parts peddler and when I unboxed it was horrified to see "USFS Spark Arrestor Approved" on the can. WTF...
Just picked it up from the local parts peddler and when I unboxed it was horrified to see "USFS Spark Arrestor Approved" on the can. WTF is this bullshit???? I ordered a pipe for a RACE bike. There is no damn head light on that thing!!!

I almost popped a vessel in my brain with rage until I realized that MAYBE I actually have the correct pipe. Do any of you know? Does the RACE pipe come with a stupid ass S/A in it? And if so, how do I remove that POS????
I just got one yesterday and it didnt come w the SA as w the one I got a few months back. One lil bolt it comes out but its good to have just incase you ride somewhere that requires it. The ticket isnt cheap!!
tunedlength
Most brands race systems come with SA.
2 reasons. some tracks actually mandate them and the screen helps sound control.
Easily removed.

The Shop

bearded clam
5/6/2011 8:45pm
bullpen58 wrote:
This one does not have that screw like the last one I bought. It has a different end-cap. Doesn't it choke the bike down? I am...
This one does not have that screw like the last one I bought. It has a different end-cap. Doesn't it choke the bike down? I am NEVER gonna ride it anywhere that requires a S/A. I'm too big of a puss for anything but moto.
woops posted before I seen that. Thats weird...its gotta come out some how. It wont hurt performance but if you will never use it your gonna want to get it out
The Rock
5/6/2011 8:49pm
There is a circlip you have to remove to get the spark arrestor out. Shine some light on the subject and you'll see what I am talking about. Personally I'd ride it first just for grins then remove it to see if you can honestly tell a difference. I'll bet you a dollar you won't be able to tell one way or the other.

Bullpen....you coming to Hangtown?
Davey762
5/6/2011 10:39pm
I feel the same.... I tried to remove it on my bros bike but couldn't get it out. Removed the spiral clip and pulled on the insert but it wouldn't budge!! it almost seems like its welded in there.
bullpen58
5/7/2011 12:21am
Davey762 wrote:
I feel the same.... I tried to remove it on my bros bike but couldn't get it out. Removed the spiral clip and pulled on the...
I feel the same.... I tried to remove it on my bros bike but couldn't get it out. Removed the spiral clip and pulled on the insert but it wouldn't budge!! it almost seems like its welded in there.
What on God's green earth is going on over at FMF? I didn't want the Q4 for cryin out loud!!! lol

Post a reply to: FMF 4.1 RCT Slip On

The Latest