Elite Rider Mechanic Bonus ?

yak651
Posts
9068
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
Last Pulp show they were talking about the work of the mechanic changing in "modern" times. Curious how this caries over to mechanics for elite riders like Eli, Ken, Chase, etc when they win a championship or other large bonus. Do they still give a bonus to the "main" mechanic? Do the practice mechanics that seem to do a majority of the weekly work get screwed out of these bonus events? I know, none of our business but got me curious thinking how riders used to have one mechanic doing most of the work and now it's spread about multiple people crews
3
|
Zycki11
Posts
7911
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edwardsville, IL, USA
5/21/2022 8:58am
yak651 wrote:
Last Pulp show they were talking about the work of the mechanic changing in "modern" times. Curious how this caries over to mechanics for elite riders...
Last Pulp show they were talking about the work of the mechanic changing in "modern" times. Curious how this caries over to mechanics for elite riders like Eli, Ken, Chase, etc when they win a championship or other large bonus. Do they still give a bonus to the "main" mechanic? Do the practice mechanics that seem to do a majority of the weekly work get screwed out of these bonus events? I know, none of our business but got me curious thinking how riders used to have one mechanic doing most of the work and now it's spread about multiple people crews
I could be wrong but I believe I have heard 10% of the bonus check riders generally give to the mechanics? Either that or like 10k. As a racer, I for one would be really grateful to my mechanic doing their job correctly based on safety alone. That and how nice it would be to have a prepped and clean machine every time you ride the bike. I'm sure that gets overlooked as time goes on being a top racer. Either way, I would be giving back personally
1
soggy
Posts
9025
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
USA
5/21/2022 9:01am
I’d guess some riders still give mechanic’s bonuses. I also wouldn’t be surprised if a team like star is giving bonuses to winning riders mechanics.
1
8tensolutions
Posts
3545
Joined
11/15/2009
Location
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
5/21/2022 12:02pm
It sounds ,like it is unique to riders and teams. Some Teams have it in the contract, other times up to the rider, and possibly the mechanic has it in writing with the rider. I don't think there is any common trend. Some stories of guys making millions and their mechanic making 50K with no bonuses are out there. That seems uncool, but if they agreed to the job and there was no bonus agreement, I guess it is what it is. Does an NFL trainer get bonuses if the wide receiver wins a super bowl? I have no idea.
1
1
TeamGreen
Posts
37686
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
5/21/2022 1:48pm
There are manufacturers/teams that give win/championship bonuses to virtually the whole team.
5

The Shop

5/21/2022 11:05pm
It differs across the board and I'm sure that guys like Tomac and the boys pass a sweet envelope.

I've got pretty good monetary bonuses in the past, merch, a sweet GT MTB and even a Foes downhill MTB.

2
1
MXracr157
Posts
126
Joined
3/10/2017
Location
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
5/22/2022 6:16am
It sounds ,like it is unique to riders and teams. Some Teams have it in the contract, other times up to the rider, and possibly the...
It sounds ,like it is unique to riders and teams. Some Teams have it in the contract, other times up to the rider, and possibly the mechanic has it in writing with the rider. I don't think there is any common trend. Some stories of guys making millions and their mechanic making 50K with no bonuses are out there. That seems uncool, but if they agreed to the job and there was no bonus agreement, I guess it is what it is. Does an NFL trainer get bonuses if the wide receiver wins a super bowl? I have no idea.
Yeah, I seem to recall Matthes saying that he and Chad weren't exactly friendly when steve was wrenching for Timmy. Chad won a title and gave pretty much every team member except Steve a bonus is what I recall hearing.

Post a reply to: Elite Rider Mechanic Bonus ?

The Latest