Congrats Ricky James!

Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 3:02pm
Picked up the win last at Irwindale in West Coast Pro Truck division.

http://www.toyotaspeedwayatirwindale.co ... =29&RNUM=1
|
az2u
3/30/2008 9:37am
WTG Ricky.

The Shop

DL
3/30/2008 1:54pm
Cool RJ
3/30/2008 3:25pm
Unbelieveable...Ricky was on rails all weekend. The engine we bought the truck with was worn out, some how at the first race of the season in february he put it on the pole in qualifing and finished second in the main.

We put a new untested crate engine(sealed spec. engine) in the truck last weekend. We weren't sure what rear gear to run so the guy that helps us with the truck and chassis, Dean Kuhn picked a 430 gear and put an awesome suspenssion set up in the truck. Ricky went out Friday night and turned lap after lap in the 20.07 sec range which is fast for this class. The track record is a 19.84 set by our crew chief Dean, 4 years ago.

Ricky went out for qualifying on Saturday and put it on the pole with a 19.93 !!! only the third time a West Coast Pro Truck ever got into the 19's. His average speed was 90.7 MPH on a half mile steering with one hand as the other is on the throttle brake hand control.

They take the top five qualifiers and have them draw numbers from one to five (to make it interesting) Ricky ended up starting from in 3rd, inside second row. It took him 2 laps to get into the lead and then he just left the field, leading by as much as a half a lap, he was fly'n. He went on to win by almost 5 seconds in only his 6th ever start!!!

It was an incredible night...

To top it off Jamie Little and her crew from ESPN were there to capture the whole deal. I'll post as soon as I know when it's going to air.

I wish I knew how to post a picture here, I would throw up a few.

824 Dad
Spinner
3/30/2008 4:06pm
That's really freakin' awesome. To top it all off, he should've asked Jamie for her number. Ha ha ha!!!
3/30/2008 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 6:29pm
When is that kid going to realize that he's just not supposed to do stuff like that.......?

Hopefully never!!!!!

That man (no way you can call a guy with that much spirt and drive a kid anymore!) is a true role model for everyone, "able bodied" or not!

Post a reply to: Congrats Ricky James!

The Latest