1st Supercross, Atlanta vs Indy? (With 4 yr old & 6 yr old)

Skillets
I don’t have any options very close to me, but both Atlanta and Indy are basically same driving distance for me. Anyone have thoughts on which is better choice? It looks like tickets close to the track go pretty quick so I was thinking of grabbing them now.

Also, reading some old threads looks like a lot of people recommend sitting a little higher for better viewing. Would you still stick by that suggestion given that I’ll have 3 small kids with me that might get a thrill of seeing riders up close, or getting more of a feel of the speed as they go by?
Thanks for any input
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/12/2019 1:49pm
If you want the full pit experience, I'd go with Indy. It's a bit of a hike to/from the stadium in Atlanta to the pits. Also, you might have more food options close by.
Skillets
11/12/2019 2:05pm
GuyB wrote:
If you want the full pit experience, I'd go with Indy. It's a bit of a hike to/from the stadium in Atlanta to the pits. Also...
If you want the full pit experience, I'd go with Indy. It's a bit of a hike to/from the stadium in Atlanta to the pits. Also, you might have more food options close by.
Thank you, that’s a big selling point for us. They loved the pit experience at the nationals. Definitely not something I would’ve thought to ask about but a long hike plus small kids is not a good combination haha
mxb2
11/12/2019 2:06pm
Keep in mind, indy pits are outside. Indy weather. It is hit and miss.
alien
11/12/2019 2:07pm
Indy would be a better choice if you are bringing the little ones. ATL traffic is the worst and it is just an all round nasty city with bums and crime, I don't go down town anymore. EVER!

The Shop

mwilcox349
Fantasy
82nd
11/12/2019 3:25pm
GuyB wrote:
If you want the full pit experience, I'd go with Indy. It's a bit of a hike to/from the stadium in Atlanta to the pits. Also...
Are they going back indoors for pits at Atlanta? Last year it was outside right next to the stadium.

Also when is the last time Indy had a real pit experience with the teams not having all the walls up on the canopies?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/12/2019 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2019 3:32pm
mwilcox349 wrote:
Are they going back indoors for pits at Atlanta? Last year it was outside right next to the stadium. Also when is the last time Indy...
Are they going back indoors for pits at Atlanta? Last year it was outside right next to the stadium.

Also when is the last time Indy had a real pit experience with the teams not having all the walls up on the canopies?
The walls up are entirely weather-dependant.

Maybe the spectator path to the stadium was easier in Atlanta, but the path the teams and riders used was still quite a hike. Also, not all the teams were allowed to bring in rigs, which meant some of them were in tents outside.
Skillets
11/12/2019 5:25pm
Any thoughts on seat choice, as close to the track as possible or go a little higher?

Post a reply to: 1st Supercross, Atlanta vs Indy? (With 4 yr old & 6 yr old)

The Latest