MCM2 still alive ?

philflam
10/12/2011 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2015 1:01pm
Hello ...
Since the zone was closed and other games came on the market, it is hard to find players on MCM2.
I miss these battles...
Do some of you still (would like to) play on MCM2 ?
|
Whymee
10/23/2011 10:10am
Damn straight I would play. Still have most of the tracks.

AMA_Whymee on the "zone"

Stan
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/21/2011 10:11am
I would like to play MCM2, but I got rid of my computer. I plan on getting a new desktop and MCM2 right away. There is no other MX game right now. All the Xbox and PS stuff sucks. MXvATV Reflex and Alive sucked.
VRT_McD
2/16/2012 7:44pm
Sorry for taking so long to find this thread, but if you recall the "The Zone", then this seeing this will bring back some crazy, awesome, memories ... plus it's free: Voobly. If you need any help with Voobly or any MCM2 tracks to run, please help yourself to the links I've posted. Looking forward to meeting up with the old-timers! Take Care ... Thrash Hard!!
peelout
2/17/2012 12:40pm
i've been playing a lot lately but just the stock tracks. i don't have the interwebz at home so i can't do online or download tracks.

that said, i forgot how sick this game was. i played it for about 5 hours the other day and didn't realize how long it was. love it.

The Shop

VRT_McD
2/17/2012 7:19pm
peelout wrote:
i've been playing a lot lately but just the stock tracks. i don't have the interwebz at home so i can't do online or download tracks...
i've been playing a lot lately but just the stock tracks. i don't have the interwebz at home so i can't do online or download tracks.

that said, i forgot how sick this game was. i played it for about 5 hours the other day and didn't realize how long it was. love it.
Man peelout, you're a diehard!! I bow down in humble admiration. After the thousands of tracks over the years, I've almost completely forgot there were stock tracks. If it's any help to you, maybe you can download a few at a time with the connection you're using to post on this forum, save them and take them home to install. Most of the user created tracks are between five and ten MB (small files by today's standards), especially legendary classics. Maybe you're posting here by using your cell phone? If so, set up a tether connection with your cell phone to your PC to download tracks.

On a slightly different note, there's still great track creators out there making and releasing new tracks to this day. Peelout, let me know if you have any questions about what I said above? I'll be glad to help out if you want more information.
peelout
2/23/2012 9:25am
peelout wrote:
i've been playing a lot lately but just the stock tracks. i don't have the interwebz at home so i can't do online or download tracks...

VRT_McD wrote:
Man peelout, you're a diehard!! I bow down in humble admiration. After the thousands of tracks over the years, I've almost completely forgot there were stock...
Man peelout, you're a diehard!! I bow down in humble admiration. After the thousands of tracks over the years, I've almost completely forgot there were stock tracks. If it's any help to you, maybe you can download a few at a time with the connection you're using to post on this forum, save them and take them home to install. Most of the user created tracks are between five and ten MB (small files by today's standards), especially legendary classics. Maybe you're posting here by using your cell phone? If so, set up a tether connection with your cell phone to your PC to download tracks.

On a slightly different note, there's still great track creators out there making and releasing new tracks to this day. Peelout, let me know if you have any questions about what I said above? I'll be glad to help out if you want more information.
man, i used to have hundreds of tracks and skins but who knows where they are now.

one of the tracks i used to love was Slingshot (i think that was the name, seems right)... that track was sick. but that was probably 8 years ago lol.

can you give me some names of some of the best tracks and apps (mods) to get for the game? i mainly just dick around with it when i'm bored, so i don't want to get too carried away right now.

thanks man, and when i get the internet at home i'll hit you up to race
VRT_McD
2/23/2012 3:39pm
peelout wrote:
man, i used to have hundreds of tracks and skins but who knows where they are now. one of the tracks i used to love was...
man, i used to have hundreds of tracks and skins but who knows where they are now.

one of the tracks i used to love was Slingshot (i think that was the name, seems right)... that track was sick. but that was probably 8 years ago lol.

can you give me some names of some of the best tracks and apps (mods) to get for the game? i mainly just dick around with it when i'm bored, so i don't want to get too carried away right now.

thanks man, and when i get the internet at home i'll hit you up to race
Yep, Slingshot was one of the true classics. Posting this pic to bring back some old memories for you:

When you're able to get the track from home, here's a link to it. Don't worry about having lost your tracks, there's still quite a few sites out there hosting them. My site is still in it's infancy (I have so many more tracks to upload), and there's still creators out there making new tracks to this day, so I plan on it becoming much bigger. I'm hoping I designed it so that every track on it is easy and fast to find, there's some versatile search features there. As far as "best tracks", (my personal answer is subjective to my style), you'll probably want to mouse-over the "Quick Search", then "Legendary Track Makers", and click a name that you like. That brings up a page with all of the tracks by that creator that I've uploaded so far. Tell me what type of tracks you like, and I'll put together list for you. For example, Nats or SX, WFO, Technical, Replica tracks, etc.
Whymee
2/25/2012 12:29pm
So because of these posts about MCM2, I decide to reload it after 4 computers and MANY years.

I cant get it to run. It asks to verify the disk, then when I think its about to start the game, it kicks me back to the desktop.

Tried a no cd crack, & ended up fighting a trojan for a couple hours.

Tried updating drivers, searched the web etc., to no avail....

So I loaded up MX vs ATV to see if that would run. No problem with that game. Now my controller(s) work about 50%. If I can get MCM2 up & running I would invest in a controller.

Any ideas?

Stan
AMA_Whymee on MCM
VRT_McD
2/25/2012 12:43pm
Whymee wrote:
So because of these posts about MCM2, I decide to reload it after 4 computers and MANY years. I cant get it to run. It asks...
So because of these posts about MCM2, I decide to reload it after 4 computers and MANY years.

I cant get it to run. It asks to verify the disk, then when I think its about to start the game, it kicks me back to the desktop.

Tried a no cd crack, & ended up fighting a trojan for a couple hours.

Tried updating drivers, searched the web etc., to no avail....

So I loaded up MX vs ATV to see if that would run. No problem with that game. Now my controller(s) work about 50%. If I can get MCM2 up & running I would invest in a controller.

Any ideas?

Stan
AMA_Whymee on MCM
Here's what I've needed to do to make it work on my machine:
Make MCM2 play on your Win7 (32 or 64 bit) with four or more GB of RAM
Go to Start > Search, and type in "msconfig". (C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe)
Click on "msconfig.exe", go to the "Boot" tab, and click the "Advanced options..." button.
Select the "Maximum memory:" check box, set the value to "2047", and click OK twice.
Reboot, and launch the game.

Also, if you're running your video cards in SLI or CrossFire, you'll need to disable that and just use one video card. I haven't had any luck with any of the NoCD cracks, so I went back to leaving the original MCM2 CD inserted. Let me know if that helps? If it doesn't, this will take some troubleshooting.
Whymee
2/25/2012 12:46pm
I shouldn't have this problem as I am running XP....
VRT_McD
2/25/2012 12:54pm
Whymee, are you using more than 2GB of RAM? If so, try it out, the steps should be the same. Most of these older applications act weird in modern machines with lots of memory. What about the multiple video card stuff?

Otherwise, it might be an XPSP3 or greater issue.
Whymee
2/25/2012 1:10pm
Still no run.

I have 2 g of memory.
i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS

I think I will try SP3 as I only have Sp2 now
VRT_McD
2/25/2012 1:13pm
Whymee wrote:
Still no run. I have 2 g of memory. i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS I think I will try SP3 as I only have...
Still no run.

I have 2 g of memory.
i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS

I think I will try SP3 as I only have Sp2 now
No Wait!! Don't do that, the game definitely ran on XP SP2. I was trying to guess if the problem you're seeing was because of SP3 or something newer.
Whymee
2/25/2012 1:20pm
Ok I stopped the DL of SP3....
VRT_McD
2/25/2012 1:42pm
Well, I've figured out why I'm not finding much so far. Most of the forum threads from when an XP issue with MCM2 was solved are long gone. I just heard from someone (remember WhiteBoy?) that got MCM2 to run on a mac book pro today. Let me keep digging for old solutions, I'll try to find something. Hopefully someone else will stumble into this thread who might know a solution too? I'll be back, don't give up hope. Oh, and if you have a Win7 machine, that actually might be easier to make MCM2 run.
Whymee
2/25/2012 1:52pm
Don't have W7.

I really like XP. I guess I am old school...

Thanks for the help....

Stan
304-265-zero-six-seven-zero If it makes it easier....
tobz
2/25/2012 9:15pm
Would like to see the ol ttm records again, I had a mad time on Carlsbad.
tobz
2/25/2012 9:16pm
WHy would you not install sp3 anyway?
VRT_McD
2/25/2012 11:35pm
tobz wrote:
Would like to see the ol ttm records again, I had a mad time on Carlsbad.
Yeah, haven't found the equivalent of TTM (or should I say X-Times?) yet, but there is Voobly, and that is definitely the equivalent of The Zone - it just needs more people to hop in there. That place is just waiting for a tournament night.
VRT_McD
2/25/2012 11:39pm
tobz wrote:
WHy would you not install sp3 anyway?
Not saying that SP3 is bad, just saying that I know MCM2 ran fine on SP2. I have no experience with MCM2 on SP3. Since it sounds like Whymee built that machine just for running the old time games, I figured we should limit the number of unknowns until I (or anyone else) can figure out why MCM2 isn't launching for him.
Whymee
2/26/2012 6:58pm
Dagnabbit...

I had it workin...

I deleted it ( I had it on DSmile

Reinstalled on C:

Worked!!! Until I took the CD out, installed some skins & a nat & a sx. Now it wont work. I think I need a nocd crack.

I am still trying!

AMA_Whymee
VRT_McD
2/26/2012 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2012 9:08pm
Skins, nats and sx should never stop it from launching ... but not having the CD in on launch, that'll do it Wink I had no idea you were on the AMA team, legendary history on that team. Back to the topic, here's a link to the NO CD thing that you can trust, Dez is good guy, I trust his stuff fully. You're probably right about that, if it starts sometimes, and not others, it sounds like your CD (or CD Drive) might be the issue.
Whymee
2/27/2012 3:52am
Many thanks. Now were up & running!

Now I need a decent inexpensive controller. Any ideas?

AMA_Whymee
VRT_McD
2/27/2012 4:16am
Good, glad to hear it. Dunno about the controller side of things, I still have my old sidewinder glued to the table. Maybe check Ebay for one of those things, or keep an eye on newegg for one of their sales. I'll check my emails from newegg for the past couple of days tonight when I get home from work to see what's there.

See ya on Voobly soon!
Whymee
2/27/2012 5:12am
Excellent.

I have 2 SWPPros. I had to take one apart & fix to play. Its still not right. I will CK out 'egg as well.

Even with a crappy stick this game sure is fun. Now I just have to memorize some tracks!. Its been around 10 years since I have played this game.

I tried Voobly, hit DL & crashed my browser (Firefox). Will try again.

I gotta get a controller before I do battle! LOL

Stan
AMA_Whymee
peelout
2/27/2012 8:42am
i was using my wired XBOX360 controller but the left and right were way too fast.

remembered i had a PS2 adaptor for PC and plugged it in and it works perfect.

thanks for the info on getting tracks VRT
VRT_McD
2/27/2012 5:09pm
Whymee wrote:
Excellent. I have 2 SWPPros. I had to take one apart & fix to play. Its still not right. I will CK out 'egg as well...
Excellent.

I have 2 SWPPros. I had to take one apart & fix to play. Its still not right. I will CK out 'egg as well.

Even with a crappy stick this game sure is fun. Now I just have to memorize some tracks!. Its been around 10 years since I have played this game.

I tried Voobly, hit DL & crashed my browser (Firefox). Will try again.

I gotta get a controller before I do battle! LOL

Stan
AMA_Whymee
I checked Voobly for any browser limitations, and didn't see anything listed. Make sure you follow these steps to get Voobly up and running, and you should be golden. As far as the joystick goes, it sound like you're good to go. Isn't there a website where everyone posts the best deals going on on the web at the moment? I know there is, I just can't remember the name. Keep an eye on that if you can too. OK, take care Whymee, hope to shred some tracks with you soon.

Marc
VRT_McD
VRT_McD
2/27/2012 5:14pm
peelout wrote:
i was using my wired XBOX360 controller but the left and right were way too fast. remembered i had a PS2 adaptor for PC and plugged...
i was using my wired XBOX360 controller but the left and right were way too fast.

remembered i had a PS2 adaptor for PC and plugged it in and it works perfect.

thanks for the info on getting tracks VRT
Glad to. Let me know if you need anything else for MCM2? I hope you get your internetz soon!!
AUS_Twisted
3/1/2012 8:12am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2012 8:26am
Whats this MCM2 game you guys are talking about? lol

Hey McD good to see ya on here, I was in the Voobly MCM2 rooms when they were opened but got sick of the problems it has with my ATI now and again. Plus having barely anyone around kinda sucks, would be awesome to go back 10 - 12 years when MCM2 was in it's prime though.

Made this video of Twisted SX Night not long ago at 1920x1080, had to use the intro song from MC's Steel Roots Wink

https://youtu.be/LS65sOOKaLE
VRT_McD
3/1/2012 6:54pm
Twisted!! Great to see ya man!! That track is still a sweet ride! Thanks for the video, not bad that it only took me a decade to finally find your lines there Wink Yeah, MCM2 had something to it no one has duplicated yet. Seems like all of us get the bug every couple of years to fire it up. Oh, gotta ask if you mind me putting a link on my site that goes back to yours? The link is on the right side under the heading "More Track Hosts" on all of my pages. Let me know if it aint cool, or if you want anything changed? Of course, help yourself to anything you want while you're there. And if you don't find it, no worries, I still have about another 20 GB of tracks to upload and build pages for ... might take some time though. Awesome getting to talk to you again. Give a "Heya Hiya" for me to any other Team AUS you might still talk to too.

Take Care ... Thrash Hard!!

Post a reply to: MCM2 still alive ?

The Latest