Two stroke Kawasaki A kit and trick parts wanted

motomike894
My buddy is building a 06 kx 250 and is looking for A kit, clamps, really any trick stuff he can get his hands on for his build.

If you have anything shoot me an email at - motomike894@yahoo.com
|
8/25/2020 12:57pm
FYI, the front end from most modern KXF's bolt right on to the KX 2 strokes. I had coil spring converted Showa SFF TAC forks from my 2015 KX450 on my 2004 KX125 for a while. They are like b-kit forks with the valving and coatings i have.

You'll just need a steering stop adapter from Trick engineering: http://trickeng.com/product/kx125-250-steering-stop-adapter/
DirtBikeKid46
8/25/2020 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2020 9:03pm
FYI, the front end from most modern KXF's bolt right on to the KX 2 strokes. I had coil spring converted Showa SFF TAC forks from...
FYI, the front end from most modern KXF's bolt right on to the KX 2 strokes. I had coil spring converted Showa SFF TAC forks from my 2015 KX450 on my 2004 KX125 for a while. They are like b-kit forks with the valving and coatings i have.

You'll just need a steering stop adapter from Trick engineering: http://trickeng.com/product/kx125-250-steering-stop-adapter/
That's great to know. How did your KX handle? I'm just starting a build on a '03 KX125 and trying to map out what I'm going to do for suspension. It'll just be a play bike, so don't want to get too out of hand with the expenses.

The Shop

8/25/2020 11:26pm
FYI, the front end from most modern KXF's bolt right on to the KX 2 strokes. I had coil spring converted Showa SFF TAC forks from...

That's great to know. How did your KX handle? I'm just starting a build on a '03 KX125 and trying to map out what I'm going...
That's great to know. How did your KX handle? I'm just starting a build on a '03 KX125 and trying to map out what I'm going to do for suspension. It'll just be a play bike, so don't want to get too out of hand with the expenses.
The forks felt amazing, but the shock was a bit soft. The forks dropped 3 pounds off the front end, and I had a titanium spring on the rear shock that was 1 pound lighter than steel spring.

I went back to the stock forks because i got my KX450 running again and needed the suspension back. I revalved the stock forks and shock with RaceTech Gold Valves (A level motocross) and it feels pretty dang good. Not quiet as good as the suspension on my Altas, but good enough for me to have confidence to push outside my comfort zone and send it a bit.

The KX125 is a really fun bike. Mine runs on AvGas with a shaved head and a Lectron carb, PC works pipe and silencer, boyesen rad valve, and slightly advanced timing. The bike sounds like a supermini! My only complaint is that, at 6'1", the KX125 is a little cramped. It feels like i'm riding a big supermini instead of a full sized motocross bike. But i still enjoy every ride on it.
DirtBikeKid46
8/26/2020 2:21pm
The forks felt amazing, but the shock was a bit soft. The forks dropped 3 pounds off the front end, and I had a titanium spring...
The forks felt amazing, but the shock was a bit soft. The forks dropped 3 pounds off the front end, and I had a titanium spring on the rear shock that was 1 pound lighter than steel spring.

I went back to the stock forks because i got my KX450 running again and needed the suspension back. I revalved the stock forks and shock with RaceTech Gold Valves (A level motocross) and it feels pretty dang good. Not quiet as good as the suspension on my Altas, but good enough for me to have confidence to push outside my comfort zone and send it a bit.

The KX125 is a really fun bike. Mine runs on AvGas with a shaved head and a Lectron carb, PC works pipe and silencer, boyesen rad valve, and slightly advanced timing. The bike sounds like a supermini! My only complaint is that, at 6'1", the KX125 is a little cramped. It feels like i'm riding a big supermini instead of a full sized motocross bike. But i still enjoy every ride on it.
Awesome man, great feedback! Maybe I'll just go with the RT gold valves, springs and call it a day. I run AVgas on my 2 strokes but since you have the head done, I'm surprised you didn't get it done for pump gas. Any reason? Just curious.

Ever try the FMF fatty on your KX, if so how does it compare to the PC?

Post a reply to: Two stroke Kawasaki A kit and trick parts wanted

The Latest