2008 KLX140L Wife Build

KVA_536
Edited Date/Time 10/31/2019 11:30am
Picked up a 2008 KLX140L from the auction for $1200. Wouldn't run when I went to check it over, but it fired a few times but would hold an idle. That, we can work with. So, our baby was born a few day after i brought the bike home , needless to say it was on the back burner for projects. I was able to get her stripped down and naked to start the build. This is te perfect wife/chick bike that you can justify buying for a pit bike track ripper. She has a 2018 CRF110, but immediately she said the KLX was more more comfortable to sit on and ride now. Sounds like i can get a few PO's approved for this one........ stay tuned

Please mind the messy garage...... still unpacking :-)

|
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
10/24/2019 12:37pm
Looks like a fun build, congrats on the new little one! Looks like maybe a pee wee build coming your way in the not too distant future!
KVA_536
10/24/2019 1:01pm
dadofagun wrote:
Looks like a fun build, congrats on the new little one! Looks like maybe a pee wee build coming your way in the not too distant...
Looks like a fun build, congrats on the new little one! Looks like maybe a pee wee build coming your way in the not too distant future!
Thanks man. Hes already got one too........ that's a winter build also. Prolly go apesh*t with that one too
KVA_536
10/24/2019 1:17pm
Cleaned the carb, rejetted to 40 pilot & 100 Main, New mika bars(mini narrow bend) , EKS grips, Acerbis SuperMotard Front Fender & BUD Racing Perch.

Went for the BUD Racing replica kit, put new Kenda MillVille II tires w/ Michelin Tubes, JT Sprockets & Firepower Gold Chain. BBR Springs on the way along with the RaceTech GoldValve kit for the front forks. I've read a lot about the KX 85/100 fork swap, but we aren't going to be jumping this thing or racing. So better springs and some actual tuneable valving & fork oil i'm confident that we can make it perform with OE equipment.

The Shop

Cygrace74
10/31/2019 10:53am
Been doing a 2012 140L for my gf. Pain with almost no aftermarket stuff available. Have done tires, chain and sprockets, chain slider and guide, bars, and grips. Only OEM plastic being available is unfortunate, when I got it the air filter had more dirt inside than out lol
KVA_536
10/31/2019 11:30am
After putting the BBR Springs and going to a 15wt fork oil, I was immediately rewarded for not going thru the KX front end swap. It accomplished the feeling that she/I were looking for. You can open up the air box with te filtered vents to allow more air flow for some improved throttle response. I also went richer from stock jetting to compensate for the added air & it gave it enough "bark" that she thinks its "way better now". Mission accomplished.

I think that if you can accept what the bike is rather than build it to something else, than you'll be rewarded like i have been. Of course I wont stop trying to mod this thing for her, but i also want her to be able to ride it all day in trails and not have any doubt she need me to push it back to the trailhead

Post a reply to: 2008 KLX140L Wife Build

The Latest