2005 yz85 project

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2018 3:43 PM

hey guys picked up this 2005 yz85 this week for 400 pounds partly dissasembled the top end is blown and piston is burnt on the exhaust side so i suspect that the left side crank seal is leaking air...i will be purchasing a new cylinder and piston and crank seals in the next few weeks and hopefully get it running and riding ! Photo

|

4/22/2018 4:22 PM

doesn't seem to be much interest in the little bike builds around here, several views but not a lot of comments or threads started on them. Congrats on the purchase and hopefully yours is in better shape than the one I bought a little while back. I have a thread on here for my build also.

|

4/24/2018 1:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2018 1:50 AM

Are you building it for you or a child of yours? A mate and I bought YZ85's a few years back instead of getting piece of shit pit bikes, man we have never had as much fun on two wheels. Although we sold them and each bought brand new 450's after a few months I'm now trying to convince my riding mates to get 85's again, they are so much fun. If I were to do it again tho I would go heavier on the suspension Spring rates and some big bar risers to make it a bit more comfortable and stop the spine compressing g-outs.

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_

4/27/2018 6:40 AM

i had bought it to build for myself... i ended up selling it and buying a 2007 ktm 85 which has went and blew up after 1 day of owning it sad il make a thread for it later !

|

4/27/2018 7:15 AM

Lucky for you two strokes are cheap to rebuild and 85's are one of the cheapest. Go all out on it now, might as well haha

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_

4/27/2018 8:49 AM

yes my friends dad is cleaning up and honing the cylinder for me and ive sent the engine into a local shop to get pieces of piston fished out of the engine and new crank bearings and seals ect.

|