|
SH_105
7/10/2008 3:01pm
maybe not soo much!!
crowe176
7/10/2008 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:34pm

ocscottie
7/10/2008 3:06pm
Sean, did you see the pic Rupert got of you from last weekend?

uuughh "its OUT!"

The Shop

Trip
7/10/2008 3:08pm
Hey Sean, Noticed you've been real quiet about Jason. I know he is your friend and all, and may not want to say anything to change that. Seriously though, where are you on this? There must be 15 topics on him and you haven't chimed in on any of them. You know him better that most, care to chime in? If you take the high road I understand and will take as he really has some personal problems, and that's fine.

As far as the picture posting goes. You need to have someone host it, Photobucket or Smugmug, something like that. You upload it there first, the you can load it here.
teggers
7/10/2008 3:09pm
The photo is not where you are pointing the URL.

.and crowe176 ...priceless.
RanelC10
Fantasy
2044th
7/10/2008 3:26pm
ocscottie wrote:
Here it is: [img]https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2655922254_632738ba5f_o.jpg[/img]
Here it is:

Wow, thats gnarly! Looks like your on a bad spot on the track too... Your one tough dude, Sean!
flarider
7/10/2008 3:32pm
It's GuyB's no noob posting pic filter
Jabjr222
7/10/2008 4:14pm
Trip wrote:
Hey Sean, Noticed you've been real quiet about Jason. I know he is your friend and all, and may not want to say anything to change...
Hey Sean, Noticed you've been real quiet about Jason. I know he is your friend and all, and may not want to say anything to change that. Seriously though, where are you on this? There must be 15 topics on him and you haven't chimed in on any of them. You know him better that most, care to chime in? If you take the high road I understand and will take as he really has some personal problems, and that's fine.

As far as the picture posting goes. You need to have someone host it, Photobucket or Smugmug, something like that. You upload it there first, the you can load it here.
Trip, don't fuck with Sean about J-law! That's not fair!

Sean, that is one nasty pic dude. You must be a chronic dislocater to handle that the way you did. I'd still be crying and popping meds.
Trip
7/10/2008 5:19pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
Trip, don't fuck with Sean about J-law! That's not fair! Sean, that is one nasty pic dude. You must be a chronic dislocater to handle that...

Sean, that is one nasty pic dude. You must be a chronic dislocater to handle that the way you did. I'd still be crying and popping meds.
I'm not fuckin' with him, just thought cause he was sort of friends with him, he might have some insight. That's one of the problems with the mx media, nobody wants to ask the questions we are all thinking. Piss off the pro rider with a question, and there goes any future interviews.
I thought Sean would be cool with it. I'm sure he's seen the post and just decided he didn't need the drama. I see how either way he answers it, he doesn't get anything from it. It's all good. Friends or not. Sometimes you say more by not saying anything.
SH_105
7/10/2008 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:34pm
Trip wrote:
Hey Sean, Noticed you've been real quiet about Jason. I know he is your friend and all, and may not want to say anything to change...

Jabjr222 wrote:
Trip, don't fuck with Sean about J-law! That's not fair! Sean, that is one nasty pic dude. You must be a chronic dislocater to handle that...

I will try to kill 2 birds with one stone here.

With Jason, him and I have been friends for a while now and have been through a bit. We went through a spell of hating each other only because I was trying to get him to do things "my way" instead of his. As soon as I accepted that I can not change him then we got along great and things were better between us. Sad thing is that Jason is incredibly smart but just likes to do things his way, yes we know now that his way was not working but he realizes that now and knows things need to change in the way he goes about them. I know a lot of you just want him gone for ever but like I've said before and I will say again, he brings flavor to the sport and also gives it some spice, spice that got out of hand but now he has to sleep in the bed he has made for himself. I think he will come back stronger from this and be even better than he already was, if he wants any help from me I am more than willing to do what I can for him, whether that is him living with me or just keeping an eye on him when somethings look to be getting out of hand. I hope that helps a bit, also I dont reply to every Jason Hate post!!!

Now as for the shoulder. The pic above is The First time that I have ever dislocated my shoulder and then the following day was the second, did it hurt??? Does a bear shit in the woods unless its in a Zoo? It is feeling better and better everyday and I just got some MRI results back that were very positive so now it just needs as much rest as I can give it until raceday on Sunday.

SH 105
Xtreme1
7/10/2008 5:54pm
Good post Sean! I think your approach to your friendship with Jason is admirable. I am sure, just knowing that you are willing to be there for him, gives him inspiration.
newmann
7/10/2008 6:11pm
SH, very cool reply, you sound wise beyond your years. About that shoulder now.....I somewhat dislocated a finger today. Holy shit, it hurts like a m%$@#rfu*(^r, can't imagine a whole shoulder! Fortunately the mailman showed up today with a new trigger assembly for my chop saw. Depending on how this thing feels tomorrow at least I'll have options. Good luck this weekend, hope you make it out both motos. Loads of admiration and respect for those of you who realize you have to actually work for a living.
SH_105
7/10/2008 6:24pm
Shitty to hear about your finger bud!! Yeah they dont tickle thats for sure!! I think the only way I rode was just pure adrenaline and a bit of stupidity!!

SH 105
jonjon714
7/10/2008 6:37pm
Sean, thanks for the post as always! Bringing my 9 year old son to his first Budd's and we'll be cheering for you!!!
SH_105
7/10/2008 6:51pm
Stop by and I will see what I can do for you and your son!! Hope you guys enjoy the races
jonjon714
7/10/2008 6:57pm
For sure we'll come by and see you!!
Lightning78
7/10/2008 8:04pm
Sean I know that pain .... you were lucky to have it put back in fast, once those ER B@stards knew mine was from riding I didn't get it put back in for 4 hours!!! Funny though it hasn't happened again since and that was over 10years ago no surgery
DownSouth
7/10/2008 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:34pm
Shoulder dislocations suck.

I first dislocated mine in 1992 at the Tampa SX. The medics had me lay down on a table, one guy lifted his leg and put his foot into my armpit, grabbed my wrist and swung my arm in a big circle until it popped back into place. It hurt like hell but felt so good when it went back into place.

I have popped it back out 4 times since then.
2nd time : playing basketball
3rd time: I sneezed real hard with my arm extended and it popped out.
4th time: swimming
5th time: lifting a steel door

Each time except the last I had to go to the ER to have it reset. The last time I had some muscle spasms and it popped back in place while the idiot at the Walk-In clinic was looking at the X-rays telling me how it was not dislocated.

Do all the rehab excercises you can to strenghten the muscles in the area to help stabilize the joint. I got lazy with that which led to the recurrances.

I don't know the how the hell you popped it out twice in one weekend and still did 30+2 twice. I was off the bike for 2-3 months, then again I do not ride to earn a living.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/10/2008 8:16pm
Instead of Flikr or Photobucket, you can always upload photos to the Photo section here (if they're general pics), or to your profile (if they're shots you want in there).

If you do that in the Photo section, you even get link and embed codes that you can use in forum posts or elsewhere.
teggers
7/10/2008 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2008 8:53pm
That thing looks like it is 5 inches out! kw859 did his for the first time as well and it like it will heal up just fine. Maybe the first time is a freebee. Mine was OK the first time as well. The paramedic freeked out when I told her to put it back in - NOW! Not in 5 minutes, but NOW! Before it swells....Just pull dammit! It worked though.
SH_105
7/10/2008 9:16pm
Yeah same with Bodner, I said Doc can you do it now!!! He says Are You Sure, I dont think I have ever said anything anymore serious in my life!! So he tugged and pulled with some huge guy holding my body and wammo it was in the first time!!

SH 105
worm
7/10/2008 10:20pm
sean

thanks for sharing with us all. i think its awesome. good luck to you and a speedy recovery.

I remember watching you at Perris before the "factory status" totally amazed. If my memory is correct, it was Ben Riddle you handed it to. Pretty sure he was on a satellite team at the time and you were on a stock 125.
SH_105
7/10/2008 10:31pm
HAHA Worm I remember that day!! Wow it has been that long already, amazing how fast time goes. Those were some great times on that bike and also the RM 250 before the Factory deal at Glen Helen for the first Prequal. And yes it was Riddle onb a 250 when he rode for Motoworld.

SH 105
Trip
7/10/2008 11:03pm
Hey Sean, thanks for answering the question. Didn't mean to call you out, hope that's not how you took it. Just tired of alot of guys ripping on Jason. The few times we've crossed paths he has been really cool to me. So I kinda don't get everyone trashing him. Good luck and hope the shoulder is doing good, and you are really one of nice guys in the sport. Jason can learn alot from you. You have been there before and it's great your back. See ya at Anaheim 1. Or at the Yamaha test track, when I'm over on the hill next to the track with the big lens looking for spy pics. lol
pistol
Fantasy
2133rd
7/10/2008 11:07pm
See ya at Anaheim 1. Or at the Yamaha test track, when I'm over on the hill next to the track with the big lens looking for spy pics. lol

Stalker.
Trip
7/10/2008 11:22pm
pistol wrote:
[i]See ya at Anaheim 1. Or at the Yamaha test track, when I'm over on the hill next to the track with the big lens looking...
See ya at Anaheim 1. Or at the Yamaha test track, when I'm over on the hill next to the track with the big lens looking for spy pics. lol

Stalker.
Yeah, you'll be the first one looking at my pics from all the tracks wont you?

Oh, and it was a joke.

It was kinda meant that he will be on Factory Yamaha come sx season.
teggers
7/11/2008 1:24am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2008 1:26am
SH_105 wrote:
Yeah same with Bodner, I said Doc can you do it now!!! He says Are You Sure, I dont think I have ever said anything anymore...
Yeah same with Bodner, I said Doc can you do it now!!! He says Are You Sure, I dont think I have ever said anything anymore serious in my life!! So he tugged and pulled with some huge guy holding my body and wammo it was in the first time!!

SH 105
This is what is great about MX in general. I have had a similar conversation with RC. It doesn't matter your speed or your talent level. A spode like me (and you all) has to deal with the same exact fears as a major pro rider. We go to the same hospital, and deal with the same doctors. We deal with the same fears on the gate as the most talented riders in the world. It's a beautiful sport. No matter how good you are, we all talk on the same level. There is no bullshit between racers. At the campfire, we are all the same speed.
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
7/11/2008 3:56am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:35pm
Sean I know that pain .... you were lucky to have it put back in fast, once those ER B@stards knew mine was from riding I...
Sean I know that pain .... you were lucky to have it put back in fast, once those ER B@stards knew mine was from riding I didn't get it put back in for 4 hours!!! Funny though it hasn't happened again since and that was over 10years ago no surgery
Sounds like the ER that I went to when I crashed a few years ago, I was in the ER for about 4 hours...after an ambulance ride to the place with a double dislocation (both shoulders)one was 6" out and the other was only 2" out, and the left one cracked the humorous on the way out. The nurses were telling my wife that she is stupid for letting me race a "motorbike" and how they were not very busy that day........to that my wife asked them why I have to sit and suffer with the shoulders still out while they are "not busy".........pissed me off to no end.

Good luck SH on you shoulder....and good luck this weekend I cant wait to see you at Millville again!!!!
7/11/2008 5:34am
good luck this weekend sean. and help get jlaw in check... im looking forward to seeing him sport the #1 plate.

Post a reply to: Tryin' to post a pic!!

The Latest