23 rule for MXDN is dumb

DownSouth
6/22/2010 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2010 6:27pm
I know it has been mentioned but are people just assuming that the GP rule will also be in effect for the MXDN or is it fact?

I agree that an age limit one one rider is a bit silly.
jaeckle
6/22/2010 6:27pm
The MXoN is not the best racers in the world. Get next to it already.
Highsider
6/22/2010 6:33pm
jaeckle wrote:
Get next to it already.

What does that mean?
ando
6/22/2010 6:49pm
prozach wrote:
Wow, can you talk about making a stupid ass rule. The MXDN is supposed to be about the the best from each country facing off to...
Wow, can you talk about making a stupid ass rule. The MXDN is supposed to be about the the best from each country facing off to see who is the best in the world. Why would you limit that and taint the event with a restrictive rule that makes no sense at all for a one off event of the world's best. I want to see the best teams each country can field go head to head,now we may not get to ever see that.

Its a shame...
Why are you worried? The US has the best racers in the world don't they? A 23 year age limit on one class shouldn't bother you.

The Shop

Old Mate
6/22/2010 6:53pm
Don't you want guys like Poucel to move up to the premior class in the USA, seems conflicting a little.
500guy
6/22/2010 6:55pm
Seems to me like you follow the rules, without the rules the race is shit.
broman64
6/22/2010 7:21pm
Old Mate wrote:
Don't you want guys like Poucel to move up to the premior class in the USA, seems conflicting a little.
I think he is the one that doesn't want to move up... Maybe we will get to see next year...
If he wanted to, he would, right?... Some stay back and some move on... It is at every level in racing, but you know that...
BMan-
mt798
6/22/2010 7:21pm
jaeckle wrote:
Highsider wrote:
Get next to it already.

What does that mean?
Exactly what I was wondering? I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and use it though! Shoot, I might use it tonight when my girlfriend gets home...hehe
broman64
6/22/2010 7:25pm
prozach wrote:
Wow, can you talk about making a stupid ass rule. The MXDN is supposed to be about the the best from each country facing off to...
Wow, can you talk about making a stupid ass rule. The MXDN is supposed to be about the the best from each country facing off to see who is the best in the world. Why would you limit that and taint the event with a restrictive rule that makes no sense at all for a one off event of the world's best. I want to see the best teams each country can field go head to head,now we may not get to ever see that.

Its a shame...
ando wrote:
Why are you worried? The US has the best racers in the world don't they? A 23 year age limit on one class shouldn't bother you.
What kind of a, chump, statement is that?... I thought all of the blows had been delivered... Guess not... Hey troops, we have a couple of walking wounded hiding over here...
Geez, give it a break already...Blink
BMan-
newmann
6/22/2010 7:29pm
Old Mate wrote:
Move up? Hell, as competitive as the 250 class is, going to the 450 might be moving down. Not to mention the quality of bikes would definitely go down. More money and R&D thrown at the PC bikes than anywhere else.
prozach
6/22/2010 7:33pm
prozach wrote:

Its a shame...
ando wrote:
Has nothing to do with the U.S.A it has to do with good racing. What if Italy or Aus or Canada for that matter can't send their best because of the rule? How is that good for the event?

Why do you and many other people from outside the U.S. always have to turn every little thing into a us vs them fucking battle?

`ol Ger
6/22/2010 8:47pm
broman64 wrote:
What kind of a, chump, statement is that?... I thought all of the blows had been delivered... Guess not... Hey troops, we have a couple of...
What kind of a, chump, statement is that?... I thought all of the blows had been delivered... Guess not... Hey troops, we have a couple of walking wounded hiding over here...
BMan-
BOOTY Man !!
500guy
6/22/2010 8:55pm
prozach wrote:

Its a shame...
ando wrote:
I don't think the USA even has any candidates for MX2 that are over 23 yrs old

this rule will be an advantage for us. I'd take Dungey and Canard on 450's and either Barcia,Tomac,or Weimer on 250f's
broman64
6/22/2010 9:11pm
broman64 wrote:
What kind of a, chump, statement is that?... I thought all of the blows had been delivered... Guess not... Hey troops, we have a couple of...
BMan-
`ol Ger wrote:
BOOTY Man !!
you won't let me forget those days... "Booty Man"?...lol... Cracks me upLaughing ...
BMan-
DrSweden
6/22/2010 9:37pm
newmann wrote:
Move up? Hell, as competitive as the 250 class is, going to the 450 might be moving down. Not to mention the quality of bikes would...
Move up? Hell, as competitive as the 250 class is, going to the 450 might be moving down. Not to mention the quality of bikes would definitely go down. More money and R&D thrown at the PC bikes than anywhere else.
Agree totally. Dungey is an exemption though (since he obviously won over CP last year). No facts based, and just a personal feeling, but the 450 class feels like a B-class without RV, Stew. I'm glad for Reed and Langston that the got their titles, but really?

Dungey will win easily which wasn't the story in the 250 class...

I hope I'm wrong though...
MX #90
6/23/2010 2:43am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2010 2:45am
the rule ist not just for that race. the mxon is held from the fim not the ama and the fim has the rule that when you are 23 years or older you have to move up from mx2 and you cant compete there anymore because you are not allowed to. thats rule is to help the young guns to make their way easier to the top. that means that not "one" rider of every class hast to be under 23 at mxon. it means that the just the mx2 rider hast to fit that rule. but i dont think that any country should have a problem with that because nowadays i think its hard to find a more than 23 year old rider in the mx2/lites class who is on top... ok except rattray
ayearinmx
6/23/2010 4:50am
italy are pretty much out of contention because of this rule.... alessandro lupino anyone?
ando
6/23/2010 5:20am
prozach wrote:
Has nothing to do with the U.S.A it has to do with good racing. What if Italy or Aus or Canada for that matter can't send...
Has nothing to do with the U.S.A it has to do with good racing. What if Italy or Aus or Canada for that matter can't send their best because of the rule? How is that good for the event?

Why do you and many other people from outside the U.S. always have to turn every little thing into a us vs them fucking battle?

Sorry, bit tongue in cheek there but probably uncalled for. Actually I haven't really argued for any particular side on the AMA/FIM thing.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't have a problem with the rule. It's obviously intended to allow an opportunity for young riders. And to be honest, it will probably effect smaller countries like Australia more. For example, we won't be able to pick our usual go to team of Metcalfe, Byrner and Reed. Byrne is the obvious one to miss the cut, maybe one of the Moss boys or a young gun still riding in Australia.

Also might mean the teams have to think more about their rider selection than just running down the list and picking the guys who are currently sitting best in points.
prozach
6/23/2010 3:30pm
So if the rule is to force people to move up what does that have to do with the MXDN? All this rule does is make an awesome event worse. I guess I just struggle with rules that take something that has worked great for decades and fuck it up. We will never again get to see the best each country has to offer going head to head. And will get to listen to bullshit comments about how team A only won because team B could not send its top three riders.

And this event isn't a GP or a series so the "need to move people up" is not there. I just hope the FIM realized that this is a dumb rule that needlessly weakens the competition.
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
6/23/2010 5:51pm
prozach wrote:

Its a shame...
You want Dowdy to race MX2 in Colorado?

The fastest MX2 guys in the US are under 23 anyway...
englishman
6/23/2010 5:53pm
I dont agree with 23 riders per team either, track's going to be somewhat cluttered.
ando
6/23/2010 7:28pm
englishman wrote:
I dont agree with 23 riders per team either, track's going to be somewhat cluttered.
Is that 23 per team total or 23 per class?
the_wood109
6/23/2010 8:24pm
How old is Osborne?
dv12.com wrote:
Under 23 since he races MX2...
Obviously, just curious as to his age.

I'm surprised. I seem to be the only one that thinks he should be looked at very seriously for team USA this year.
prozach
6/23/2010 9:00pm
prozach wrote:

Its a shame...
dv12.com wrote:
You want Dowdy to race MX2 in Colorado?

The fastest MX2 guys in the US are under 23 anyway...
No, but I want to see teams like Australia be able to send their best riders. You really see this as a good rule for the MXDN?

Ah never mind, guess I am the only one on here who expects when I spend a grand for my family to go to such a historical event this summer I should be able to see the best every team can send and the best racing as a result. MX is entertainment to me, it isn't about who wins or loses it is about good racing. And when you pretty much take teams like aussies and Italians out of contention with a rule you make the racing less entertaining. IMO.
montesagold
6/23/2010 10:07pm
How old is Osborne?
dv12.com wrote:
Under 23 since he races MX2...
Obviously, just curious as to his age. I'm surprised. I seem to be the only one that thinks he should be looked at very seriously for...
Obviously, just curious as to his age.

I'm surprised. I seem to be the only one that thinks he should be looked at very seriously for team USA this year.
Zach is 20, I would love to see him get a shot
mccread
6/24/2010 4:38am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2010 4:40am
prozach wrote:

Its a shame...
I agree with antizach on the rule - But a lot of the best riders in the world don't race the MXDN anyway.. A GP has a lot more depth of quality in it than a MXDN.
JB 19
6/24/2010 4:47am
mccread wrote:
I agree with antizach on the rule - But a lot of the best riders in the world don't race the MXDN anyway.. A GP has...
I agree with antizach on the rule - But a lot of the best riders in the world don't race the MXDN anyway.. A GP has a lot more depth of quality in it than a MXDN.
You just can't help yourself can you?
ando
6/24/2010 4:52am
prozach wrote:
No, but I want to see teams like Australia be able to send their best riders. You really see this as a good rule for the...
No, but I want to see teams like Australia be able to send their best riders. You really see this as a good rule for the MXDN?

Ah never mind, guess I am the only one on here who expects when I spend a grand for my family to go to such a historical event this summer I should be able to see the best every team can send and the best racing as a result. MX is entertainment to me, it isn't about who wins or loses it is about good racing. And when you pretty much take teams like aussies and Italians out of contention with a rule you make the racing less entertaining. IMO.
As an Australian I don't think it's such a bad thing. In the past few years we've been sending our team of AMA/FIM guys, but I've always thought that the MXdN was a great opportunity to blood some young Australian based riders into international competition.

Post a reply to: 23 rule for MXDN is dumb

The Latest