Outdoor Gear Sets

DMJ232
Fantasy
1548th
Back when RC/Reed/Stew were racing Outdoors, I remember that they sometimes would have different gear sets for each moto. Am I remembering this correctly? When I was a kid I spent all of my time in the pits trying to get different jerseys, so I think I am remember it being this way...

Does anyone know why this changed? I always thought it was cool when riders changed their gear sets in between races.
|
moto711
6/11/2021 3:22pm
DMJ232 wrote:
Back when RC/Reed/Stew were racing Outdoors, I remember that they sometimes would have different gear sets for each moto. Am I remembering this correctly? When I...
Back when RC/Reed/Stew were racing Outdoors, I remember that they sometimes would have different gear sets for each moto. Am I remembering this correctly? When I was a kid I spent all of my time in the pits trying to get different jerseys, so I think I am remember it being this way...

Does anyone know why this changed? I always thought it was cool when riders changed their gear sets in between races.
You are defiantly remembering correctly. I think in todays world they are trying to market the gear in different ways. Fox, Alpinestar, Fly, ETC. have a set for each round that each rider will wear this is scheduled out at the beginning of the year/season to show off each set also depended on when a gear line drops to the public. Fox will have AC, KROC, & the PC team in all different sets to show off each line differently each week. Plus I think the teams can be kind of strict sometimes on what they wear. I know JT has talked about it on Pulp before but Rockstar has a lot of pull on the colors and what the guys wear on the husky team (Rockstar logos & Rockstar edition gear) It also seems like the KTM boys are stuck in that orange and black sleeves Thor set a lot for the season.

I'm sure JT$ or someone else on the inside would know more!
Johnny Ringo
6/11/2021 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 3:22pm
I’m sure they are still changing gear every time they hit the track it just happens to be the same kit.

It’s the times I think, the gear guys work on specific kits for each weekend so helmets boots goggles all match the gear...They didn’t really used to do that...I don’t think
DMJ232
Fantasy
1548th
6/11/2021 6:42pm
DMJ232 wrote:
Back when RC/Reed/Stew were racing Outdoors, I remember that they sometimes would have different gear sets for each moto. Am I remembering this correctly? When I...

moto711 wrote:
You are defiantly remembering correctly. I think in todays world they are trying to market the gear in different ways. Fox, Alpinestar, Fly, ETC. have a...
You are defiantly remembering correctly. I think in todays world they are trying to market the gear in different ways. Fox, Alpinestar, Fly, ETC. have a set for each round that each rider will wear this is scheduled out at the beginning of the year/season to show off each set also depended on when a gear line drops to the public. Fox will have AC, KROC, & the PC team in all different sets to show off each line differently each week. Plus I think the teams can be kind of strict sometimes on what they wear. I know JT has talked about it on Pulp before but Rockstar has a lot of pull on the colors and what the guys wear on the husky team (Rockstar logos & Rockstar edition gear) It also seems like the KTM boys are stuck in that orange and black sleeves Thor set a lot for the season.

I'm sure JT$ or someone else on the inside would know more!
I knew I wasn’t crazy! From a marketing standpoint I would think they would want to showcase as many kits as possible. I always thought it was cool when they would switch up colors in between motos. I have noticed the ktm boys seem stuck on the same Thor set (although I was cool with the throwback gear they were wearing in supercross). The standard blue/orange gear Webb wears is kind of bleh in my opinion.
DMJ232
Fantasy
1548th
6/11/2021 6:43pm
I’m sure they are still changing gear every time they hit the track it just happens to be the same kit. It’s the times I think...
I’m sure they are still changing gear every time they hit the track it just happens to be the same kit.

It’s the times I think, the gear guys work on specific kits for each weekend so helmets boots goggles all match the gear...They didn’t really used to do that...I don’t think
This makes sense. I didn’t really think about how they match everything these days.

The Shop

Spooner
6/11/2021 8:27pm
DMJ232 wrote:
I knew I wasn’t crazy! From a marketing standpoint I would think they would want to showcase as many kits as possible. I always thought it...
I knew I wasn’t crazy! From a marketing standpoint I would think they would want to showcase as many kits as possible. I always thought it was cool when they would switch up colors in between motos. I have noticed the ktm boys seem stuck on the same Thor set (although I was cool with the throwback gear they were wearing in supercross). The standard blue/orange gear Webb wears is kind of bleh in my opinion.
A lot of the factory teams require their guys to be in 'team colors' x amount of races a year.
6/12/2021 2:25am
Remember mid 2000’s when Troy dropped the Vegas gear that was all black with some neon logos and accents and everyone thought it was too wild, now a decade later we’ve had lazer cats, full clown suits, and that anal deal.

Sorry to get off topic just thinking of that old era compared to now
DMJ232
Fantasy
1548th
6/12/2021 11:29am
Remember mid 2000’s when Troy dropped the Vegas gear that was all black with some neon logos and accents and everyone thought it was too wild...
Remember mid 2000’s when Troy dropped the Vegas gear that was all black with some neon logos and accents and everyone thought it was too wild, now a decade later we’ve had lazer cats, full clown suits, and that anal deal.

Sorry to get off topic just thinking of that old era compared to now
Lol I do remember that stuff, it was awesome! Once you see the anal gear once you can’t unsee it. That had to be done on purpose

Post a reply to: Outdoor Gear Sets

The Latest