4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

The 350 SXF is

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 10:22 AM

Killing the 450 with sales. Still kinda early in new bike sales season but so far the 350 is far outselling the 450. That 450 is badass too.

newmann

C100_614585238_1207253287

Posts: 14250

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

12/5/2012 10:29 AM

Bigger question is, what are those two doing compared to sales of the previous Big 4's offerings. Might be hard to compare since KTM offers so many different models to the Japanese's one 450 only approach.

bartziokas123

C100_110493520_1231626500

Posts: 634

Joined: 1/10/2009

Location: J Town, CAN

12/5/2012 10:30 AM

dcg141 wrote: Killing the 450 with sales. Still kinda early in new bike sales season but so far the 350 is far outselling the 450. That 450 is badass too.

They should look at resale. I got killed on my 350. Worst lose I took on a bike in my life.

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 10:38 AM

dcg141 wrote: Killing the 450 with sales. Still kinda early in new bike sales season but so far the 350 is far outselling the 450. That 450 is badass too.

bartziokas123 wrote: They should look at resale. I got killed on my 350. Worst lose I took on a bike in my life.

Resale has been good. Alot of woods guys are buying the SXF also. My guess is the 350 is a better all around bike than the 450. The 350 is even outselling the 300 right now..that is saying something. The 350 XCF is pretty much sold out.

yak651

C100_s1600_025_1384282900

Posts: 899

Joined: 8/26/2006

Location: Appleton, WI USA

12/5/2012 10:41 AM

bartziokas123 wrote: They should look at resale. I got killed on my 350. Worst lose I took on a bike in my life.

I think the first two model years of this bike had such a bad reputation, I'm not surprised you had to take a bath on it to get rid of it. The '13 model sounds like the bike everyone was expected when it was first announced, I know it has my interest after reading reviews of it.

bartziokas123

C100_110493520_1231626500

Posts: 634

Joined: 1/10/2009

Location: J Town, CAN

12/5/2012 10:45 AM

I had a 350 XCF and trust me people are not buying them used, well at least not in my province. Seems like everyone is buying them new but wont even consider them used. Mine was a 12 and I got killed on resale. Bought in June, tried to sell it at the end of july and couldn't even get a tire kicker to call me about it. Bike out the door with taxes and all that stuff was close too 10g Cnd. I put fmf titanium exhaust, Rekluse core Exp, Cycra Hand guards, Bullet Proof Designs Rad guards, Skid plate. Finally managed to sell it for 7g.

bartziokas123

C100_110493520_1231626500

Posts: 634

Joined: 1/10/2009

Location: J Town, CAN

12/5/2012 10:47 AM

dcg141 wrote: Killing the 450 with sales. Still kinda early in new bike sales season but so far the 350 is far outselling the 450. That 450 is badass too.

bartziokas123 wrote: They should look at resale. I got killed on my 350. Worst lose I took on a bike in my life.

yak651 wrote: I think the first two model years of this bike had such a bad reputation, I'm not surprised you had to take a bath on it to get rid of it. The '13 model sounds like the bike everyone was expected when it was first announced, I know it has my interest after reading reviews of it.

I did ride the 13 and even though I did hate my 2012 350, the 2013 was dramatically better in every way.

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 10:48 AM

dcg141 wrote: Killing the 450 with sales. Still kinda early in new bike sales season but so far the 350 is far outselling the 450. That 450 is badass too.

bartziokas123 wrote: They should look at resale. I got killed on my 350. Worst lose I took on a bike in my life.

yak651 wrote: I think the first two model years of this bike had such a bad reputation, I'm not surprised you had to take a bath on it to get rid of it. The '13 model sounds like the bike everyone was expected when it was first announced, I know it has my interest after reading reviews of it.

I am seeing the older uints sales pickup also. Like I said alot of woods guys are buying those bikes. They were definatly softer last year. As more of the bikes actully got into customers hands the sales started to pick up. I would trade for any 350 right now. The 350 Husaberg I got in didn't last a day.

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2012 10:55 AM

newmann wrote: Bigger question is, what are those two doing compared to sales of the previous Big 4's offerings. Might be hard to compare since KTM offers so many different models to the Japanese's one 450 only approach.

Gotta feeling if you totaled up all 350 sales..SXF,XCF,XCF-W,EXC and the Berg 350 it would be an impressive number. Anyone want a deal on a 450 SXF or 300 XC...lol?

rosebud441

C100_whipit_1379370354

Posts: 653

Joined: 1/25/2012

Location: Bellingham, WA USA

12/5/2012 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2012 11:21 AM

bartziokas123 wrote: I had a 350 XCF and trust me people are not buying them used, well at least not in my province. Seems like everyone is buying them new but wont even consider them used. Mine was a 12 and I got killed on resale. Bought in June, tried to sell it at the end of july and couldn't even get a tire kicker to call me about it. Bike out the door with taxes and all that stuff was close too 10g Cnd. I put fmf titanium exhaust, Rekluse core Exp, Cycra Hand guards, Bullet Proof Designs Rad guards, Skid plate. Finally managed to sell it for 7g.

Holy Smokes, I cannot fathom being into a Dirt bike for 10k...

I just bought a perfect, blinged out 05 KX125 for 2K, and yes its a almost 8 years old, But hell i can could go buy 4 more of em for that price.. Sorry, i know the new KTM's are sweet, but Damn. 10K

burn1986

C100_crazy_1414769383

Posts: 6308

Joined: 4/16/2010

Location: Hell, LA USA

12/5/2012 11:20 AM

I'm sure all KTMs are selling well.

motoarmageddon

C100_133995930_1287203169

Posts: 425

Joined: 10/15/2010

Location: Murrieta, CA USA

12/5/2012 11:27 AM

It doesnt take much to outsell the KTM 450. it probably only outsells the yamaha.

Agent717

C100_dsc_0163_copy_copy

Posts: 270

Joined: 9/6/2009

Location: Mesa, AZ USA

12/5/2012 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2012 11:31 AM

Not sure where you are getting your figures from but "killing" the 450 may be a little strong...
Are you talking from one dealership or nationally?

bartziokas123

C100_110493520_1231626500

Posts: 634

Joined: 1/10/2009

Location: J Town, CAN

12/5/2012 11:34 AM

bartziokas123 wrote: I had a 350 XCF and trust me people are not buying them used, well at least not in my province. Seems like everyone is buying them new but wont even consider them used. Mine was a 12 and I got killed on resale. Bought in June, tried to sell it at the end of july and couldn't even get a tire kicker to call me about it. Bike out the door with taxes and all that stuff was close too 10g Cnd. I put fmf titanium exhaust, Rekluse core Exp, Cycra Hand guards, Bullet Proof Designs Rad guards, Skid plate. Finally managed to sell it for 7g.

rosebud441 wrote: Holy Smokes, I cannot fathom being into a Dirt bike for 10k...

I just bought a perfect, blinged out 05 KX125 for 2K, and yes its a almost 8 years old, But hell i can could go buy 4 more of em for that price.. Sorry, i know the new KTM's are sweet, but Damn. 10K

I have noticed that bikes are a lot more in Canada.

yak651

C100_s1600_025_1384282900

Posts: 899

Joined: 8/26/2006

Location: Appleton, WI USA

12/5/2012 12:07 PM

bartziokas123 wrote: I have noticed that bikes are a lot more in Canada.

They spend/earn a lot more up there...My wife's uncle lives in Alberta, every time he comes down to the states he's buying a new truck, camper, trailer. Some how he brings them back across the boarder, uses them for a year and then sells them for way more than he paid for them. The oil fields pump a lot of money into the economy, I'm too old now, but if I was in my early 20's I would go up there and work for a couple of years and be set for awhile.

bartziokas123

C100_110493520_1231626500

Posts: 634

Joined: 1/10/2009

Location: J Town, CAN

12/5/2012 12:09 PM

rosebud441 wrote: Holy Smokes, I cannot fathom being into a Dirt bike for 10k...

I just bought a perfect, blinged out 05 KX125 for 2K, and yes its a almost 8 years old, But hell i can could go buy 4 more of em for that price.. Sorry, i know the new KTM's are sweet, but Damn. 10K

bartziokas123 wrote: I have noticed that bikes are a lot more in Canada.

yak651 wrote: They spend/earn a lot more up there...My wife's uncle lives in Alberta, every time he comes down to the states he's buying a new truck, camper, trailer. Some how he brings them back across the boarder, uses them for a year and then sells them for way more than he paid for them. The oil fields pump a lot of money into the economy, I'm too old now, but if I was in my early 20's I would go up there and work for a couple of years and be set for awhile.

Have you been talking to my mom. I don't want to live in Fort mac mom, leave me alone. Lol

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 12:20 PM

Agent717 wrote: Not sure where you are getting your figures from but "killing" the 450 may be a little strong...
Are you talking from one dealership or nationally?

Area wide for sure..as in east, southeast, midwest. But my rep says nationwide total thats the case. But every region is different and the 450 may be stonger is some places.

TeamGreen

C100_rip_beach_shot

Posts: 12445

Joined: 11/25/2008

Location: Redding, CA USA

12/5/2012 12:23 PM

To be fair: '13 is the 1st yr that the '450 has had a fair shot. The old 450 was a hold over and the '12 RD5 Replica was less than qty 400 available to dealers...& it was late.

Furthermore, the new 450 is soooo new that NOONE in the after-market seems to have it all tricked out & dialed in...other than KTM, that is...I mean this in comparo to the fully tricked out Kawi & Honda that you'll find in EVERY magazine.

The KTM450SXF is an awesome bike.

Dan Betley. November, 2014, Interview...The Return of Big Red...
"But the difference is now Japan’s tired of losing in America. They want to win."

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2012 12:30 PM

TeamGreen wrote: To be fair: '13 is the 1st yr that the '450 has had a fair shot. The old 450 was a hold over and the '12 RD5 Replica was less than qty 400 available to dealers...& it was late.

Furthermore, the new 450 is soooo new that NOONE in the after-market seems to have it all tricked out & dialed in...other than KTM, that is...I mean this in comparo to the fully tricked out Kawi & Honda that you'll find in EVERY magazine.

The KTM450SXF is an awesome bike.

The 450 is definatly an awsome bike. After I rode them at the dealer meeting I ordered 450's heavy. LIke I said its still early and the deal with the 350 is those units started to get into customers hands and other riders got to ride them and that started the sales. The same thing will most likely happen with the 450. 450 XC-W sales are strong also and that bike has been out for a year.

newmann

C100_614585238_1207253287

Posts: 14250

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

12/5/2012 12:32 PM

bartziokas123 wrote: I had a 350 XCF and trust me people are not buying them used, well at least not in my province. Seems like everyone is buying them new but wont even consider them used. Mine was a 12 and I got killed on resale. Bought in June, tried to sell it at the end of july and couldn't even get a tire kicker to call me about it. Bike out the door with taxes and all that stuff was close too 10g Cnd. I put fmf titanium exhaust, Rekluse core Exp, Cycra Hand guards, Bullet Proof Designs Rad guards, Skid plate. Finally managed to sell it for 7g.

If you sold a used bike for 7g you actually did good. Doesn't matter how new it was. I see lightly used bikes fetch about half of new cost regardless of brand. All the aftermarket accessories in the world will usually add a big fat nothing to resale. I have put several of mine back as close to stock as possible when they wouldn't sell and got damn near what I was asking for it with all the extras on it. Sold all the a/m parts on Ebay. Came out way better. I have a couple bikes I refuse to sell just because I have way too much a/m crap on them...LOL. They are worth literally nothing but have thousands and thousands of extras that are also worthless due to the age of the bike. I doubt a japanese bike would have gotten a better return.

bartziokas123

C100_110493520_1231626500

Posts: 634

Joined: 1/10/2009

Location: J Town, CAN

12/5/2012 12:48 PM

newmann wrote: If you sold a used bike for 7g you actually did good. Doesn't matter how new it was. I see lightly used bikes fetch about half of new cost regardless of brand. All the aftermarket accessories in the world will usually add a big fat nothing to resale. I have put several of mine back as close to stock as possible when they wouldn't sell and got damn near what I was asking for it with all the extras on it. Sold all the a/m parts on Ebay. Came out way better. I have a couple bikes I refuse to sell just because I have way too much a/m crap on them...LOL. They are worth literally nothing but have thousands and thousands of extras that are also worthless due to the age of the bike. I doubt a japanese bike would have gotten a better return.

All I can say is I have never lost close to as much on my 2 strokes. I get a new bike every year, so Im pretty aware of how resale goes, and I always list mine on the lower side cause I want to get rid of them. At the time my bike was lowest priced In my province and the 2 next to me. Mine was the hands down best deal. I couldn't get anyone to look at it, couldn't even get low ball offers. Took the first offer I got.

I totally agree that extras don't add to value of resale but I had so little intrest in the bike I was leaving everything on it hopping someone would see how good of a deal it was. I was a week away from listing it with my DUBYA wheel set lol.

TeamGreen

C100_rip_beach_shot

Posts: 12445

Joined: 11/25/2008

Location: Redding, CA USA

12/5/2012 12:53 PM

TeamGreen wrote: To be fair: '13 is the 1st yr that the '450 has had a fair shot. The old 450 was a hold over and the '12 RD5 Replica was less than qty 400 available to dealers...& it was late.

Furthermore, the new 450 is soooo new that NOONE in the after-market seems to have it all tricked out & dialed in...other than KTM, that is...I mean this in comparo to the fully tricked out Kawi & Honda that you'll find in EVERY magazine.

The KTM450SXF is an awesome bike.

dcg141 wrote: The 450 is definatly an awsome bike. After I rode them at the dealer meeting I ordered 450's heavy. LIke I said its still early and the deal with the 350 is those units started to get into customers hands and other riders got to ride them and that started the sales. The same thing will most likely happen with the 450. 450 XC-W sales are strong also and that bike has been out for a year.

Whats your OTD price?

Dan Betley. November, 2014, Interview...The Return of Big Red...
"But the difference is now Japan’s tired of losing in America. They want to win."

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 1:04 PM

On a 450 SXF ??

madmaxperformance

C100_616771818_1207143867

Posts: 878

Joined: 4/2/2008

Location: Grande Prairie, CAN

12/5/2012 1:09 PM

If I didnt have a 2012 KTM 450SXF, Id snag a 2013 350SXF. Id like to have both. Oh.. and a 250SX with the 300 kit on it... lol

JW381

C100_f_15_20terrain_20follow_rory_20trappe_1400444703

Posts: 7025

Joined: 7/21/2009

Location: Eugene, OR USA

12/5/2012 1:10 PM

I hope to speak with my wallet someday in the near future and buy a KTM. They offer so many cool, high quality models. That, or just win the Motosport Ulitmate Ride Give Away contest... *fingers and toes crossed*

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

TeamGreen

C100_rip_beach_shot

Posts: 12445

Joined: 11/25/2008

Location: Redding, CA USA

12/5/2012 1:41 PM

dcg141 wrote: On a 450 SXF ??

Yup

Dan Betley. November, 2014, Interview...The Return of Big Red...
"But the difference is now Japan’s tired of losing in America. They want to win."

Scott167

C100_img_0490

Posts: 230

Joined: 4/17/2012

Location: CAN

12/5/2012 1:55 PM

rosebud441 wrote: Holy Smokes, I cannot fathom being into a Dirt bike for 10k...

I just bought a perfect, blinged out 05 KX125 for 2K, and yes its a almost 8 years old, But hell i can could go buy 4 more of em for that price.. Sorry, i know the new KTM's are sweet, but Damn. 10K

bartziokas123 wrote: I have noticed that bikes are a lot more in Canada.

yak651 wrote: They spend/earn a lot more up there...My wife's uncle lives in Alberta, every time he comes down to the states he's buying a new truck, camper, trailer. Some how he brings them back across the boarder, uses them for a year and then sells them for way more than he paid for them. The oil fields pump a lot of money into the economy, I'm too old now, but if I was in my early 20's I would go up there and work for a couple of years and be set for awhile.

alberta is skewed because of the oil rigs. lots of money to be made there. contemplating going out myself once i finish my eng degree. but bikes are a lot more here. usually about a grand with ktm and i think the other manufacturers are similar. and thats with a close to par dollar.

rolandk

C100_gix2_149

Posts: 109

Joined: 10/23/2011

Location: Portland, OR USA

12/5/2012 2:13 PM

My next bike will most likely be a 350 SXF.

Bustin' berms like girls have germs

TeamGreen

C100_rip_beach_shot

Posts: 12445

Joined: 11/25/2008

Location: Redding, CA USA

12/5/2012 2:14 PM

bartziokas123 wrote: I have noticed that bikes are a lot more in Canada.

yak651 wrote: They spend/earn a lot more up there...My wife's uncle lives in Alberta, every time he comes down to the states he's buying a new truck, camper, trailer. Some how he brings them back across the boarder, uses them for a year and then sells them for way more than he paid for them. The oil fields pump a lot of money into the economy, I'm too old now, but if I was in my early 20's I would go up there and work for a couple of years and be set for awhile.

Scott167 wrote: alberta is skewed because of the oil rigs. lots of money to be made there. contemplating going out myself once i finish my eng degree. but bikes are a lot more here. usually about a grand with ktm and i think the other manufacturers are similar. and thats with a close to par dollar.

How to buy a bike in Alberta:

Take a Vacay to a Cali-SX, buy a bike while ur here, ride it while ur here. Ship it home.

Dan Betley. November, 2014, Interview...The Return of Big Red...
"But the difference is now Japan’s tired of losing in America. They want to win."

dcg141

C100_4337934412_541c266665

Posts: 818

Joined: 11/30/2009

Location: MS, USA

12/5/2012 2:30 PM

dcg141 wrote: On a 450 SXF ??

TeamGreen wrote: Yup

$8200 OTD. Unless of course you are a resident of MS. Then there is 7% sales tax.
Post a Reply to: The 350 SXF is

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm