So, the two stroke class at Lorettas

GuyB
Fantasy
1406th
1/31/2013 4:11pm
Have you guys priced a quality road bike or mountain bike lately? Everything is more expensive.
BAMX
1/31/2013 4:15pm
GuyB wrote:
Have you guys priced a quality road bike or mountain bike lately? Everything is more expensive.
Ben Bernanke disagrees with your statement.
1/31/2013 4:24pm
It's a shame so many outside force's have destroyed the greatest motorized sport in the world. 2 stroke's used for fun riding or racing don't add up to 1% of the pollution in this country or any other country. Any rider who knock's 2stroke's is weak. 2 stroke or 4 stroke with evenly matched displacement seem to be evenly matched.

Does anyone count the huge spread of power the 4s as compared to the 2s super narrow powerband. How about the track's being changed to fit the 4s.Just the bike's alone on the track's alter the line's being rode 2s or 4s. I prefer 2s track's cuz i'm a 2 s rider.

So here's hopein for fair racing for 2s and 4s. CRAZY ROOSTER 125
GuyB
Fantasy
1406th
1/31/2013 4:25pm
GuyB wrote:
BAMX wrote:
What class does Ben ride?

The Shop

sc961
1/31/2013 4:53pm
GuyB wrote:
BAMX wrote:
GuyB wrote:
"Expert" class... At least he thinks so.....
GuyB
Fantasy
1406th
1/31/2013 5:00pm
BAMX wrote:
GuyB wrote:
sc961 wrote:
"Expert" class... At least he thinks so.....
Congratulations. You guys have managed to mix politics with politics, while adding zero relevance to the thread. Blink
1/31/2013 5:06pm
DC wrote:
Guys, ever think that maybe the economy might have something to do with the lack of mini racers?

DC
MX Sports
smoothmf wrote:
I remember racing in the 80's and there'd be about 1000 racers at my local track, on a wet rainy day! Hell, the beginner class had...
I remember racing in the 80's and there'd be about 1000 racers at my local track, on a wet rainy day! Hell, the beginner class had to run two to three beginner classes cause of high turnout. Today the Beginner Class has maybe 20 to 25 guys on the starting line!Think it has alot to do with cost.... about $1500 for a good race bike then, compared to todays $8700.....
BDOG wrote:
The one place where there is guaranteed turn outs is Loretta's qualifiers... that is a $500 weekend right there(at least) We do not run many local...
The one place where there is guaranteed turn outs is Loretta's qualifiers... that is a $500 weekend right there(at least) We do not run many local races anymore to save up for the qualifiers and I know alot of families who do the same. Truth be told(my opinion) The Loretta Lynns obsession in Amateur Motocross has killed the local districts, races and turnouts. Has taken the fun right out of it.
The local districts kill local districts. 3 lap sprint races. That suck.

Who the hell wants to sit around all freaking day to race 4 3 lap motos? Sorry Not me. I'd rather go practice somewhere.

The only way I tolerate the 3 lap sprints is the qualifier and regional process. Everyone knows you're only getting 3 laps in that last moto on sunday at the regional (possibly 2). however atleast I know i'm getting 3 legit motos if I qualify.

Districts suck. They need to re-vamp. Or do what OMXA.net is doing in Ohio. Something different to retain riders. As of right now the local scene blows. Can anyone else across the country attest to their local scenes being good? (besides California where it seems money is endless and races are great.)
1/31/2013 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2013 5:13pm
Oh and I'm pumped for the 2T class. I'll be attempting to qualify for that one!

Maybe you should require people to submit tax returns to determine they're income for 2012. No 2T entries if you gross >51,000 / yr. Afterall, only poor guys run the 2T right? We can't afford it when the 4 stroke machine grenades. But I can afford atleast two, 2T grenades per year.......and still race?
Everyone point and laugh at the poor guy to the left.
Bulldog
1/31/2013 6:07pm
First, thanks for adding the class DC! We will support it...hope we make it to the show!

Talking of the Mini classes, in Virginia, the Hare Scramble series is series a huge swell in participation form the 4-12 group in the lasrt few seasons. Our season starts in 2 months and the number of registered riders is looking very healthy already - over 130 Mini riders registered to race the VCHSS as of tonight. Sign of a healthy sport with a good foundation that is growing.
MotoX85
1/31/2013 7:12pm
Kryan5 wrote:
Is it just me or does it kinda seem like "What Honda wants, Honda gets"! Either way i'm stoked about the 2 smoke class. Good on...
Is it just me or does it kinda seem like "What Honda wants, Honda gets"! Either way i'm stoked about the 2 smoke class. Good on your DC. I am sure i have no chance at making it to the show, but gonna try!
That's all that matters if you TRY. MX Sports' pockets are getting lined with or without you at Loretta's. That organization is so money hungry and...
That's all that matters if you TRY. MX Sports' pockets are getting lined with or without you at Loretta's. That organization is so money hungry and politically influenced its atrocious.
newmann wrote:
Well before you guys draw a bead on DC's forehead, remember that the AMA is still the one making the rules according to Joe Bromley. Betting...
Well before you guys draw a bead on DC's forehead, remember that the AMA is still the one making the rules according to Joe Bromley. Betting they were the ones restructuring the class for the CRF150, DC even alluded to that. DC pushed through a class for the two strokes, I can appreciate that. Might not be what I would want to see, but I'm not really involved in racing to any degree. Mostly just a longtime fan of the sport who doesn't like the direction it has taken.
Wrong The 150 is still illegal in AMA competition in the 85 classes. LL changed the class name to Mini sr to allow the 150 against 85s.
MotoX85
1/31/2013 7:35pm
Tracktor wrote:
I am willing to bet most of the guys bitching about the 150 in the 85 class have no experience at all with 85's. We looked...
I am willing to bet most of the guys bitching about the 150 in the 85 class have no experience at all with 85's. We looked at them for my boy. He rode on a few times and went right back to his YZ85.
50's can be done relatively cheap but are the most expensive of the three, 65 isn't too bad and the 85 class is the cheapest to run by far. You can pick up a used 85 (pick your color) for around $1k and be racing by the weekend. A few mods and it will be competitive at pretty much any level.
Amateur racing is only as expensive as you make it. To bitch at promoters about other racers who spend a ton is absolutely ignorant..........
Mine did too. Liked the YZ better, but everyone knows that the head on the 150 is seriously restricted from the factory waiting for rules to change. Ever see a 150 that has been "flowed", theres not many 112s that can keep up with them. Local kid here has a claimed "17000 $" JGR 150, thing is about untouchable power wise.

Need proof of that. when 250fs came out they were a "little" faster than a 125 but the advantage was the usuable power. Now after R and D, a 125 cant even come close, at least 10 Hp difference to the fact we are now comparing them to 250 2t, we wont mention factory 250fs.
MotoX85
1/31/2013 7:38pm
DC wrote:
Guys, ever think that maybe the economy might have something to do with the lack of mini racers?

DC
MX Sports
Believing this is the ONLY reason will be the demise of modern MX. Seen a local 50 gate lately? Have seen parents driving 100s of miles to get 7 or 8 bike gates.
Sparkalounger
2/4/2013 6:37pm
sc961 wrote:
Can't argue with any of that. Lee's Friday night races are good, and as you know quite different from the weekend district functions. We go much...
Can't argue with any of that.

Lee's Friday night races are good, and as you know quite different from the weekend district functions.

We go much less than we used to, but normally go as a family weekend, camp at the track and just hang out for the weekend.

Between the number of classes, track time on Sunday, and a variety of other things the weekend racing experience has changed over the course of time. B level factory rides, all the national level events, track series championships have all taken their toll on local district races everywhere.

That and the cost of following those events, being equipped for those events, and the cost of being on the road has taken it's toll on some.
Yeah, my point was more directed at the guys that post "when I was young you could... and now it costs so much...." than it was at you directly... (you actually pointed out both sides...)

It's just that say, pre-1995 most amateurs knew they were amateurs... then all of a sudden money started flowing here in the US and everyone had to pretend to be a pro...

There is no stopping people from buying cheap bikes and racing on the cheap. Too many feel like they need blinged bikes and new goggles for every race.

But reality is that mx is no different than anything else in this country... consumerism keeps people always thinking they need more of everything and it ends up imploding on them (most).

and like sand through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.... Wink
2/4/2013 8:27pm
alright so i'm kind of confused.

so the 2 stroke class is B/C together?

can a 250 2 smoke race with 250f's at the regional qualifiers?

what do you have to place to get out of a regional qualifier?

i have a yz250 and have never tried a qualifer race so im not sure about alot of this.
sc961
2/4/2013 8:34pm
Yeah, my point was more directed at the guys that post "when I was young you could... and now it costs so much...." than it was...
Yeah, my point was more directed at the guys that post "when I was young you could... and now it costs so much...." than it was at you directly... (you actually pointed out both sides...)

It's just that say, pre-1995 most amateurs knew they were amateurs... then all of a sudden money started flowing here in the US and everyone had to pretend to be a pro...

There is no stopping people from buying cheap bikes and racing on the cheap. Too many feel like they need blinged bikes and new goggles for every race.

But reality is that mx is no different than anything else in this country... consumerism keeps people always thinking they need more of everything and it ends up imploding on them (most).

and like sand through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.... Wink
Thinking back to those days, man how things have changed over the years.

Now it makes me think about my elders back in the day telling me how things had changed since they were young people. Guess they were more right than I could understand..

From the early 80's on through mid 90's racing was a way of life, even tho there weren't full factory B rides back then.... And we all wore the our earned number with pride....

Oh well, it's time for the next generation to do their thing..
dboivin
2/4/2013 8:58pm
i know old thread but I'm a member of a club track here in michigan. we seen a huge surge in mini's (50's) this year compared to last 3-4 years. I can only hope this is a sign of whats to come this next season. this pic was from our 50 track on a regular scheduled d-14 race...nothing special like our fall series races.

2/4/2013 9:46pm
I'm super pumped! I'll be trying to qualify in the two stroke B/C class on my 2002 yz 250. I'm glad I didn't have to wait until I was 45 years old before I could find a class that I was fast enough to qualify for. I gotta go do some circle drills!
Shawn142
2/5/2013 5:31am
alright so i'm kind of confused. so the 2 stroke class is B/C together? can a 250 2 smoke race with 250f's at the regional qualifiers...

i have a yz250 and have never tried a qualifer race so im not sure about alot of this.
Instead of us answering one question at a time you can go here and read all the rules of qualifying and racing at the ranch. The only thing I'd say really not answered is that yes, it's a combined B/C class.

http://www.mxsports.com/home
2/5/2013 2:39pm
alright so i'm kind of confused. so the 2 stroke class is B/C together? can a 250 2 smoke race with 250f's at the regional qualifiers...

They call it B/C because A riders aren't allowed in it.

The 250 2 strokes can't ride with the 250 four strokes. That's just Canadian motocross. (Maybe if we complain to DC enough they will change that rule.)

I'm not sure exactly how the qualifying works but I think you have to be roughly in the top 30% at the regional.

The website mxsports.com has a lot more info on it and I'm sure that could answer a lot of questions you may have.

Post a reply to: So, the two stroke class at Lorettas

The Latest