I think my RM250 may of been running perfect.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 7:29am
So for Easter today , i decided to stay home and get some work done around the house. Finished everything up early , got some beer and tore into my RM. I needed to yard the motor anyways to replace some tranny gaskets.

First time I've ever torn this bike down. I have about 22 - 25hrs on the motor since the last rebuild. I'm running 927 @ 40:1 with 1/2 and 1/2 race fuel and pump gas.

Never had a day where i thought the bike was running crappy. Always ran strong.

So after i pulled the motor i checked out the exhaust ports and couldn't believe how clean everything was. I don't remember ever seeing one of my old 2 strokes look this clean inside. Plug was a perfect light brown and i have no carbon build up at all...any where. I have a couple big boxes of goodies for my RM and doing a slight make over. Have a new top end too , but think I'll hold off on that for another 12 - 15hrs.

|
Rotaholic
3/27/2016 10:27pm
wouldnt expect anything different from a looked after suzuki, don't know why people hate on them, they are awesome
malachi177
3/27/2016 10:36pm
Rotaholic wrote:
wouldnt expect anything different from a looked after suzuki, don't know why people hate on them, they are awesome
x2....awesome brand.
jeffro503
3/28/2016 9:42am
Thanks guys. So I'm doing my own graphics package from https://www.fusiongraphix.com , as I wanted to just do my own thing and run my #503. The RC replica plastics will be thrown off to the sides , but I really needed a new replacement fuel tank. The one I was running has a quater sized hole in the upper right side radiator shroud / screw brass insert that got hit hard. The previous owner tried to epoxy it but it didn't hold. After every ride I kept getting a sludge build up running down the tank and all over the right side of the motor and exhaust.

So new parts list so far :
new OEM fiber and metal clutch plates
new clutch springs
all new gaskets
exhaust ring and coupler
all new Polisport plastics including a Clark oem replacement tank
graphics package
motion pro cables
works connection perch
Boyesen Factory Racing Magnesium Clutch Cover
Boyesen Factory Racing Magnesium ignition Cover
GFI yellow hose kit just for the rads ( not the carb or vent hoses , maybe later? )

** sometime in the next few weeks I'll be ordering up a new set of wheels as well from KSR wheels. Going with Black rims , HD stainless spokes , gold hubs and gold nipples.

May be a couple weeks before I'm done , but she should look quite a bit different. Bring on the spring riding! Yeehaww!

The Shop

BAMX
3/28/2016 10:00am
Great bikes but pretty ridiculous on OEM parts pricing. Luckily, you can get good aftermarket stuff these days.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/28/2016 10:59am
BAMX wrote:
Great bikes but pretty ridiculous on OEM parts pricing. Luckily, you can get good aftermarket stuff these days.
This was true 2 years ago, but Suzuki has changed the pricing strategy for parts. Now all rebuild parts should be very much within reason. In many cases cheaper than any other OEM.
Rowlands
3/28/2016 11:02am
Do we have pictures of the bike up together jefro ?
jeffro503
3/28/2016 11:27am
Well this is what it looked like right after I bought it. So it aint quite as new looking since I have some riding on it. I'll be saving all the RC graphics / plastics and just run my own thing.

BAMX
3/28/2016 3:21pm
BAMX wrote:
Falcon wrote:
This was true 2 years ago, but Suzuki has changed the pricing strategy for parts. Now all rebuild parts should be very much within reason. In...
This was true 2 years ago, but Suzuki has changed the pricing strategy for parts. Now all rebuild parts should be very much within reason. In many cases cheaper than any other OEM.
Maybe a few things like clutches plates and pistons but they are insane on things like radiators.... $500 each. crankshaft ...$700 and on and on. Those parts are half that on the same year CR250. It is fine until something goes bad. Then you either bite the bullet or search Ebay. Honda is by far the best. I usually try to cross things like fork rebuild parts to a CRF. It is half price from Honda.
brimx153
3/28/2016 3:28pm
Do you guy s not get cheaper parts for RM s than any other brand . here in Ireland they are the cheapest by far . One of the main reason s i bought one . they brought out 20% cheaper on parts a few years ago
HenryA
3/28/2016 3:28pm
She is a beauty! Looks like you just picked her up from the dealer, does she ever see mud? Wink
tylermx967
3/28/2016 3:37pm
SUSZUKI I THINK MAKE THE FASIST BIKES FOR A LONG TIME. THIS BIKE LOOK JSUT LIKE BRAKES WITH THE BIG NUMBER 4
TeamRags
3/28/2016 4:20pm
tylermx967 wrote:
SUSZUKI I THINK MAKE THE FASIST BIKES FOR A LONG TIME. THIS BIKE LOOK JSUT LIKE BRAKES WITH THE BIG NUMBER 4
Is this #769 Juarez?
Rotaholic
3/28/2016 4:44pm
Suzuki parts are dirt cheap here in NZ, with our dollar so shit you guys should buy them from down this way
NorcalVet
3/28/2016 5:56pm
Don't forget a 10oz ffw... Thank me later
- it'll help the rear hook up / make it less busy in hard pack and chop
Crush
3/28/2016 6:16pm
There is a never started 2006 RC edition floating around for sale down here... $6500 grand. Pretty cheap compared to others.
Camp332
3/28/2016 6:46pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks guys. So I'm doing my own graphics package from https://www.fusiongraphix.com , as I wanted to just do my own thing and run my #503. The...
Thanks guys. So I'm doing my own graphics package from https://www.fusiongraphix.com , as I wanted to just do my own thing and run my #503. The RC replica plastics will be thrown off to the sides , but I really needed a new replacement fuel tank. The one I was running has a quater sized hole in the upper right side radiator shroud / screw brass insert that got hit hard. The previous owner tried to epoxy it but it didn't hold. After every ride I kept getting a sludge build up running down the tank and all over the right side of the motor and exhaust.

new clutch springs
all new gaskets
exhaust ring and coupler
graphics package
motion pro cables
works connection perch
GFI yellow hose kit just for the rads ( not the carb or vent hoses , maybe later? )

** sometime in the next few weeks I'll be ordering up a new set of wheels as well from KSR wheels. Going with Black rims , HD stainless spokes , gold hubs and gold nipples.

May be a couple weeks before I'm done , but she should look quite a bit different. Bring on the spring riding! Yeehaww!
Definitely need to see pics after you do all that JeffBro
jeffro503
3/28/2016 7:44pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks guys. So I'm doing my own graphics package from https://www.fusiongraphix.com , as I wanted to just do my own thing and run my #503. The...

new clutch springs
all new gaskets
exhaust ring and coupler
graphics package
motion pro cables
works connection perch

Camp332 wrote:
Definitely need to see pics after you do all that JeffBro
Will do Bro-tatoechip!
jeffro503
3/28/2016 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2016 7:48pm
NorcalVet wrote:
@Norcal.....buddy I know you know the RM's pretty dang good. I'm running an FMF knarly on the bike right now , and love the bottom - mid range the pipe puts out. Is there a " factory finish " looking ipe out there that would / could give me the same performance. I've ridden another 06' that had a bills pipe on it and it screamed up top a little better than mine , but didn't have near the bottom end as my Knarly pipe? Any ideas?

Anyone?

OH...and I do have a 10oz fly wheel weight on there!! It's perfect!
Trav138
3/28/2016 8:51pm
jeffro503 wrote:
[b]@Norcal[/b].....buddy I know you know the RM's pretty dang good. I'm running an FMF knarly on the bike right now , and love the bottom -...
@Norcal.....buddy I know you know the RM's pretty dang good. I'm running an FMF knarly on the bike right now , and love the bottom - mid range the pipe puts out. Is there a " factory finish " looking ipe out there that would / could give me the same performance. I've ridden another 06' that had a bills pipe on it and it screamed up top a little better than mine , but didn't have near the bottom end as my Knarly pipe? Any ideas?

Anyone?

FMF made a "factory fatty" that was a good all around pipe that had the bare raw finish, but unfortunately was recently discontinued. It was a bad ass looking pipe to. To be honest Jeffro, the stock pipe on the RM is really good imo, plus you have PC making the factory pipes for the RM s also. I haven't ran the PC pipe, but I can guess it boosts mid and up.
Not sure of any others, like some of the over seas pipes if they are being made for the RM s still. A few guys around here have scored some badass factory pipes that PC made for the RM's with titanium and cf I believe, there was some info in one of the RM threads in race related section recently.
NorcalVet
3/29/2016 1:11am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 1:13am
NorcalVet wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
[b]@Norcal[/b].....buddy I know you know the RM's pretty dang good. I'm running an FMF knarly on the bike right now , and love the bottom -...

Anyone?

.... Hey Jeffro it's lookin good

I'm very happy w/ my PC and v-3 reeds. Like the one person said more of a mid to top pipe.

I wanted a little more bottom also when going from my RMZ and back to the RM. But then again it's a two stroke and I just had to get in the mindset it's not gonna have the low end torque like my other bike.

Old mxa cliche .. But going down a tooth or two on tighter tracks would do it. Plus using the gearbox and fanning the clutch.

Also needing to look for smoother/ inside or different lines is
Now the fun part that transfers right over when you hop on her " heavy sister " ....Wink

And don't forget to add a OS front rotor (from RM-atv) like $120 galfer skw

h&m_cycle
3/29/2016 6:48am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 6:51am
Rotaholic wrote:
If they were awesome Suzuki would still be making them...

Wait a minute... They're too reliable and not expensive to maintain and ride.... There lies the problem...

Beautiful Bike Jeffy... Good news, new stickers & black rims on the new RMZ's...
bvm111
3/29/2016 7:29am
Jeff no matter what you do its still not going to sound like the KX coming up your buddies track through the trees!!! TongueTongueWhistlingWhistling

Just kidding... your exhaust and PV's look amazingly clean for running 927, I always had bad carbon build up in my CR's in the 90's from running that shtuff, but it smelled awesome mixed with C12!

Oh and its looking really good for a late June early July trip to Portland this summer, cant wait to ride Mountain View again!! WoohooWoohoo

Post a reply to: I think my RM250 may of been running perfect.

The Latest