Has ryno lost it?

5/1/2016 10:58am
All he needs to do is pay a name guy some cash to say..."i use it and win"

Marketing brahs. If Dungey said he eats cat food you'd see Friskies stock go up.
The Rock
5/1/2016 11:35am
visser62 wrote:
That isn't really the point, though. I'm not here to bash on Ryno. I'm just here to play devil's advocate. Rock thinks that you can't criticize...
That isn't really the point, though. I'm not here to bash on Ryno. I'm just here to play devil's advocate. Rock thinks that you can't criticize Ryno, and I'm simply trying to argue that fans are indeed qualified to make such criticisms, assuming a sound argument is behind them.
The only thing I think is your reading comprehension skills are lacking. :-) But seriously folks there is a huge difference in being critical and being a harsh douche bag.

I'm fine with criticism just don't be a dick about and type things here you wouldn't say to someone's face.

kzizok
Fantasy
2092nd
5/1/2016 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2016 12:39pm

These are being installed at grocery stores all over the US. That way when you are traveling, you still get your training in. Just make sure that you have a roll of quarters on you at all times.

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4128th
5/1/2016 2:41pm
The Vital herd mentality hits again.
Slosh 112
5/1/2016 4:25pm
cwtoyota wrote:
Fixed it... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/29/133360/s1200_WOO.jpg[/img]
Fixed it...

HAHAHAHAHAAA!
mx621
5/1/2016 5:58pm
The balancing part reminded me of these guys.
This was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw it
kzizok
Fantasy
2092nd
5/1/2016 7:03pm
The balancing part reminded me of these guys.
That is just a tad disturbing.
5/1/2016 9:54pm
If it works. Personally I think you'd do just as well with a slackline, and then with your newly honed inner ear get on an actual...
If it works. Personally I think you'd do just as well with a slackline, and then with your newly honed inner ear get on an actual bike working in real life. Maybe he's got studies showing it offers that advantage, but I'd be wary of training my body react on a motorcycle that isn't behaving the way it will when it's being ridden.

But Ryno is pretty confident about what works and what doesn't.
You really think he has stuffier showing how this type of thing helps? He still trains people using a Bosu ball for crying out loud.

His "supplements" line must not be making him as much money as he thought it would. Time o turn it into a MLM!
disbanded
Fantasy
1601st
5/1/2016 10:05pm
All he needs to do is pay a name guy some cash to say..."i use it and win" Marketing brahs. If Dungey said he eats cat...
All he needs to do is pay a name guy some cash to say..."i use it and win"

Marketing brahs. If Dungey said he eats cat food you'd see Friskies stock go up.
I knew that Dungey was up to something weird.
Darryl916
5/2/2016 6:03am
Mr. G wrote:
Always wondered what would happen if a rider rode two 40 minute moto's twice a day Monday through Friday at race speed as their only training...
Always wondered what would happen if a rider rode two 40 minute moto's twice a day Monday through Friday at race speed as their only training. Would they not be in perfect condition? As well as perfecting their technique?
Life expectancy would be about 6 months. I'd consider that aspect counter productive.
The Rock
5/2/2016 10:50am
kzizok wrote:
[img]http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/bf6b23c6-b659-4e25-bb0a-5fcaa32abfa9.JPG[/img] These are being installed at grocery stores all over the US. That way when you are traveling, you still get your training in. Just make...

These are being installed at grocery stores all over the US. That way when you are traveling, you still get your training in. Just make sure that you have a roll of quarters on you at all times.
I can't believe they don't make kids wear chest protectors to ride those Silly
The Rock
5/2/2016 10:51am
Mr. G wrote:
Always wondered what would happen if a rider rode two 40 minute moto's twice a day Monday through Friday at race speed as their only training...
Always wondered what would happen if a rider rode two 40 minute moto's twice a day Monday through Friday at race speed as their only training. Would they not be in perfect condition? As well as perfecting their technique?
Darryl916 wrote:
Life expectancy would be about 6 months. I'd consider that aspect counter productive.
You might want to check out how much Marty Smith and Mark Barnett practiced.
mauidex
5/2/2016 11:01am
The Rock wrote:
You might want to check out how much Marty Smith and Mark Barnett practiced.
Barnett would ride out tanks of gas and then push the bike back to the truck from wherever it was................most notable at Diamonback in Cocoa Beach, that arguably made Southwick look like a flat track after 3 or 4 days of open practice during the Winter AMA heydays!!!
MXD
5/2/2016 11:49am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
Bros... This technology has been strong in the freestyle game for years. Get in the now.

(skip to about 2:25 for the real action)

https://youtu.be/VB54ZUBGfsY
"I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to free riding for quite a while". Yeah, I agree.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4274th
5/2/2016 12:32pm
bd wrote:
Spot on. My guess high price is due to lack of scale, material, and patent. But hey...... what the fuck do I know. Visser you study...
Spot on. My guess high price is due to lack of scale, material, and patent. But hey...... what the fuck do I know.

Visser you study Ryan Villopoto, Tomac and Dungey's riding techniques? I know Ryno does relentlessly.
You forgot insurance
newmann
5/2/2016 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 12:47pm
bd wrote:
Spot on. My guess high price is due to lack of scale, material, and patent. But hey...... what the fuck do I know. Visser you study...
Spot on. My guess high price is due to lack of scale, material, and patent. But hey...... what the fuck do I know.

Visser you study Ryan Villopoto, Tomac and Dungey's riding techniques? I know Ryno does relentlessly.
You forgot insurance
Ryno has insurance? Spring breaks, someone will have to sue.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4274th
5/2/2016 12:54pm
Beats me, but pretty sure it's a cost element of any product with a gram of risk inherent to it that is produced and sold by someone who doesn't want to lose everything through a defective product suit.
newmann
5/2/2016 1:24pm
Beats me, but pretty sure it's a cost element of any product with a gram of risk inherent to it that is produced and sold by...
Beats me, but pretty sure it's a cost element of any product with a gram of risk inherent to it that is produced and sold by someone who doesn't want to lose everything through a defective product suit.
Motocrossers we are talking about here now Michael.Smile

But even my 1 million in garage keepers liability won't do much if one of my guys ever forgets to tighten the lug nuts on the car that careens into a school bus full of child prodigies on their way to discovering the cure for cancer.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4274th
5/2/2016 2:13pm
Beats me, but pretty sure it's a cost element of any product with a gram of risk inherent to it that is produced and sold by...
newmann wrote:
Motocrossers we are talking about here now Michael.:) But even my 1 million in garage keepers liability won't do much if one of my guys ever...

But even my 1 million in garage keepers liability won't do much if one of my guys ever forgets to tighten the lug nuts on the car that careens into a school bus full of child prodigies on their way to discovering the cure for cancer.
newmann
5/2/2016 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 2:29pm
newmann wrote:
Motocrossers we are talking about here now Michael.:) But even my 1 million in garage keepers liability won't do much if one of my guys ever...

[img]https://10000mansteps.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/umbrella1.png[/img]
Got one of them too...s-corp as well.

signed,
insurance poor in texas
StevieTimes
5/2/2016 4:22pm
I would not eat cat food if I knew Ryan Dungey ate it.

How much cat food does he eat, and how often should I eat it?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
61st
5/24/2016 11:52am
This is just so dumb.

I like Ryno and I was a huge fan of his when he was racing, but this is just dumb, especially as an actual training tool. It is more likely to make you pick up bad technique than improve your technique. It's just physics.

As many many others have said, this won't help you actually ride a motorcycle better, unless you only ride a motorcycle on its stand in your garage.

for example, if you watch one of Ryno's own technique videos, he gives about 7 pointers. 5 of them are related to body positioning (the others relate to braking, throttle and gearing and don't apply to this). Two of the 5 are to maintain a "loose upper body" and "a straight back with your hips unlocked". Assume that the image below is a good example of "decent" technique.

Without the centripetal force of actually riding around a corner, it's impossible to lean into a "corner" on this device while maintaining a loose upper body and your hips unlocked. If you held your body positioned the same as Dungey above, you will be forced to hold your body from falling off the bike with your upper body and hips, leading to you practicing corners with improper technique (according to Ryno).

Post a reply to: Has ryno lost it?

The Latest