Holy cow....USA Today goes up to $2/issue

JustMX
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2013 6:31am
Anybody else get sticker shock today when they found out that USA Today doubled in price since Friday.....

Still like to actually read a paper.....

guess I will check into a WSJ subscription.....
|
indy_maico
10/7/2013 2:05pm
Ha, the local newspaper here (Indianapolis Star) 'expanded' its news coverage by adding in pages from USA Today.

That's why the cover price got jacked up, to pay for us freeloaders Grinning
MR. X
10/7/2013 3:53pm
I remember my first job delivering news papers , i had about 30 news papers spread over a 3 mile radius , it was the USA today and it cost a dollar.

The Shop

Beast666
10/8/2013 6:31am
The newspaper industry is in the toilet right now as more and more people are getting there news from the internet. I worked for a newspaper in NM for nearly 10 years and from what I have heard they shut down the afternoon paper, trimmed down staff by over 50%. I still have a few friends that work there but they wonder everyday if this will be the day they get there walking papers.

With newspaper it is all about circulation. The more copies they print the more they can charge for advertising. As circulation goes down advertising goes down as they more bang for there buck.

As for USA Today if there price goes up then circulation will go down. Might be the start to the end of a printed version of USA Today.

Post a reply to: Holy cow....USA Today goes up to $2/issue

The Latest