Why didnt Hanny race?

jim lehey
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 3:50am
havent heard anything. Sorry if someone already posted this.
|
Forza
10/19/2014 1:54pm
Training
thecolonel610
10/19/2014 1:58pm
He's fast, but a psychological train wreck. One blow to that greasy-headed ego and he'd be sitting at home with his dog come January.

I say good move on whomever is keeping up with him.
IWreckALot
10/19/2014 3:23pm
He's fast, but a psychological train wreck. One blow to that greasy-headed ego and he'd be sitting at home with his dog come January. I say...
He's fast, but a psychological train wreck. One blow to that greasy-headed ego and he'd be sitting at home with his dog come January.

Hmm. . .

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/19/2014 3:37pm
He's fast, but a psychological train wreck. One blow to that greasy-headed ego and he'd be sitting at home with his dog come January. I say...

Laughing I see your his biggest fan!
TeamGreen
10/19/2014 3:40pm
I heard he wasn't coming unless he could race AND compete in Best Whip.
jeffro503
10/19/2014 3:49pm
TeamGreen wrote:
What really? He needs to make up his mind....is he a racer or a friggin' freestyle guy.

I think he's trying to get his racing career back on track and that should be his primary focus. So he didn't do either of them......because someone wouldn't let him do both? Was thinking maybe Mitch pulled the plug on this.
TeamGreen
10/19/2014 3:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
What really? He needs to make up his mind....is he a racer or a friggin' freestyle guy. I think he's trying to get his racing career...
What really? He needs to make up his mind....is he a racer or a friggin' freestyle guy.

I think he's trying to get his racing career back on track and that should be his primary focus. So he didn't do either of them......because someone wouldn't let him do both? Was thinking maybe Mitch pulled the plug on this.
Hint: I'm a complete Smart-Ass and was throwing a Sarcastic Whip in the face of a previous hater-post.

My bad.

I owe you -1- Stella.
mjskier
10/19/2014 4:09pm
I don't think these one-off races are a good move for unsigned riders.

I know that saying about being only as good as your last race. But take somebody like Weimer. Let's say he wins it. Do you stop the press and hire him? Or do you go by whatever results he's had over the last few years?
Hanny is a known quantity. Every body knows that he has the speed. Hell, he won the X games a couple of times.

There is a lot of potential downside for the one-off race. Marvin screwed his knee at Bercy a few years ago. You could argues that he hasn't been the same since. You screw yourself up as a privateer, good luck collecting a check when you are not under contract. And if you don't have the equipment to give you a chance at the 100k or the mil, then what's the point?

10/19/2014 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 4:54pm
Text his trainer Ty and he said he was 250 Testing, sounds like he's trying to come in well prepared for the 250W.
thecolonel610
10/19/2014 5:01pm

Brad460 wrote:
I actually like Hanny, I just think he's a little immature.
mx836
10/19/2014 5:01pm
TeamGreen wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
What really? He needs to make up his mind....is he a racer or a friggin' freestyle guy. I think he's trying to get his racing career...

Josh uses FMF now. Don't think Mitch has anything at all to do with his new program.
Grizz
10/19/2014 5:11pm
mjskier wrote:
I don't think these one-off races are a good move for unsigned riders. I know that saying about being only as good as your last race...
I don't think these one-off races are a good move for unsigned riders.

I know that saying about being only as good as your last race. But take somebody like Weimer. Let's say he wins it. Do you stop the press and hire him? Or do you go by whatever results he's had over the last few years?
Hanny is a known quantity. Every body knows that he has the speed. Hell, he won the X games a couple of times.

There is a lot of potential downside for the one-off race. Marvin screwed his knee at Bercy a few years ago. You could argues that he hasn't been the same since. You screw yourself up as a privateer, good luck collecting a check when you are not under contract. And if you don't have the equipment to give you a chance at the 100k or the mil, then what's the point?

Because racing a dirt bike is fun? Right?
Has~Been
10/19/2014 5:13pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Hi Manny

He ain't no sandflea... Hundies are nothin for Hanny!

HB
davistld01
10/19/2014 6:10pm

Brad460 wrote:
I actually like Hanny, I just think he's a little immature.
A little?
jim lehey
10/19/2014 7:01pm
RedRider28 wrote:
Text his trainer Ty and he said he was 250 Testing, sounds like he's trying to come in well prepared for the 250W.
thanks.
JM485
10/19/2014 7:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

Not trying to single you out Jeffro, but why is it always an "us vs them" type of thing? Why can't he race and still make awesome edits in the hills? I just don't get where racers feel they are some sort of superior race compared to freestyle guys, they are all equally talented in my book and can do things that blow my mind! People pretend that they all sit around and just get on the bike for contests or something, but don't you guys think it takes a LOT of practice and training to be able to pull tricks with the consistency they do? That isn't directed at you Jeffro, just wanted to make a point.
jeffro503
10/19/2014 7:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

mx836 wrote:
Josh uses FMF now. Don't think Mitch has anything at all to do with his new program.
I did not know that. I thought that Mitch was supplying him and Josh hill with a couple of PC 450's. First I had heard he was using fmf.
JerseyFresh
10/19/2014 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 7:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:

mx836 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I did not know that. I thought that Mitch was supplying him and Josh hill with a couple of PC 450's. First I had heard he...
I did not know that. I thought that Mitch was supplying him and Josh hill with a couple of PC 450's. First I had heard he was using fmf.
You guys know that there are articles and videos and pulp MX shows that have outlined all this shit like weeks ago? He has support from Kawasaki, Motosport, FMF, Shift and Monster. He didn't go with PC because he knew that the stuff Mitch could give him was inferior to that of the PC team. You guys should read other shit besides Vital.
ChrisB10
10/19/2014 8:04pm
I was a huge skeptic but when Hanny actually swallowed his pride and went on the Pulpmx show I was turned into a believer. It's not secret he fn hated MAtthes so for him to go on the show and admit maybe he took some of Steve's criticisms too personal it was a real eye opener. He genuinely seemed humbled and embarrassed for blowing so many chances in the interview. I went from not liking the guy to a fan. I haven't had the smoothest road to get to where I am so I am big fan of 2nd chances for people that have truly changed and I think he has .....we'll see...good luck Josh!
mx836
10/19/2014 8:14pm
mx836 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I did not know that. I thought that Mitch was supplying him and Josh hill with a couple of PC 450's. First I had heard he...
You guys know that there are articles and videos and pulp MX shows that have outlined all this shit like weeks ago? He has support from...
You guys know that there are articles and videos and pulp MX shows that have outlined all this shit like weeks ago? He has support from Kawasaki, Motosport, FMF, Shift and Monster. He didn't go with PC because he knew that the stuff Mitch could give him was inferior to that of the PC team. You guys should read other shit besides Vital.
Yes, I do know. That's exactly why I politely told Jeffro that Hanny is using FMF with no help from Mitch at all. Even said "I think", so vitards like you wouldn't come trolling (fail), which you've been doing a lot of lately. So basically, I responded to him nicely instead of being a cocky little fuck like yourself although I know as much or possibly more about the situation than you in the first place. Keep up the great attitude and have a nice day! Grinning
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
10/19/2014 8:20pm
RedRider28 wrote:
Thanks for the update. I hope he does well on the 250.
JerseyFresh
10/19/2014 8:28pm
mx836 wrote:
Yes, I do know. That's exactly why I politely told Jeffro that Hanny is using FMF with no help from Mitch at all. Even said "I...
Yes, I do know. That's exactly why I politely told Jeffro that Hanny is using FMF with no help from Mitch at all. Even said "I think", so vitards like you wouldn't come trolling (fail), which you've been doing a lot of lately. So basically, I responded to him nicely instead of being a cocky little fuck like yourself although I know as much or possibly more about the situation than you in the first place. Keep up the great attitude and have a nice day! Grinning
Oh I will, and I see my trolling is working just fine on you. So YOU have a nice day, big guy. Polite.....hahaha douchebag.
jim lehey
10/19/2014 8:46pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
I was a huge skeptic but when Hanny actually swallowed his pride and went on the Pulpmx show I was turned into a believer. It's not...
I was a huge skeptic but when Hanny actually swallowed his pride and went on the Pulpmx show I was turned into a believer. It's not secret he fn hated MAtthes so for him to go on the show and admit maybe he took some of Steve's criticisms too personal it was a real eye opener. He genuinely seemed humbled and embarrassed for blowing so many chances in the interview. I went from not liking the guy to a fan. I haven't had the smoothest road to get to where I am so I am big fan of 2nd chances for people that have truly changed and I think he has .....we'll see...good luck Josh!
x2 and well said
yz414
10/19/2014 8:59pm
apparently he's seeing a Psychiatrist to help him get back on track, on the Pulp show he was very humble and honest about screwing up so many times. I think im even becoming a fan
JonnyDH84
10/20/2014 3:50am
what a surprise had a look at this thread to find some info on hanny and its another hanny thread that's turned into a crap shoot if he was training on the 250 good for him that's what he needs to do more time on the bike will equal more time on the podium come next season.

Post a reply to: Why didnt Hanny race?

The Latest