What's up with JMart?

davistld01
What's up with this guy? I know he's got talent, speed & ability out the wazoo...but is letting Webb, big bro Alex & even guys with much less of what it takes than he's got show him his ass each week this Outdoor season. He looked ok Moto 1 yesterday, then tips over trying to catch Alex in #2!

He's been so hyped as to his big ride in 2017...but will this season hurt his chances to snag a fat contract?
|
Justin345
7/3/2016 6:51am
It's been rumored he's been sick (Epstein Barr type). After his tip over and how slow he was to pick it up and get going, that rumor to me holds some weight. IMO he looked really exhausted/deflated and that's why he wasn't rushing to pick up the bike and get going. That's all me speculating based off nothing but observations. He's definitely not riding like his usual self.
kripple428
7/3/2016 7:03am
Justin345 wrote:
It's been rumored he's been sick (Epstein Barr type). After his tip over and how slow he was to pick it up and get going, that...
It's been rumored he's been sick (Epstein Barr type). After his tip over and how slow he was to pick it up and get going, that rumor to me holds some weight. IMO he looked really exhausted/deflated and that's why he wasn't rushing to pick up the bike and get going. That's all me speculating based off nothing but observations. He's definitely not riding like his usual self.
There were quite a few riders behind him coming into that corner to me it honestly looked like he took a second to look around to make sure he wasn't going to get ran over when he stood up
kongols
7/3/2016 7:08am
He`ll be on a 250 next year. (imo, for sensitive people.)

The Shop

Zycki11
7/3/2016 7:44am
I think Epstein Barr is what he is dealing with. Johnny O pushed him extremely hard and the results started to suffer since he started with him. Slower starts in motos, not the same outright speed, as well as being less aggressive. Here's hoping he gets better by the seasons end(unlikely) and reminds everyone who he really is. Will be interesting to see him on red next year.
davistld01
7/3/2016 7:53am
davistld01 wrote:
What's up with this guy? I know he's got talent, speed & ability out the wazoo...but is letting Webb, big bro Alex & even guys with...
What's up with this guy? I know he's got talent, speed & ability out the wazoo...but is letting Webb, big bro Alex & even guys with much less of what it takes than he's got show him his ass each week this Outdoor season. He looked ok Moto 1 yesterday, then tips over trying to catch Alex in #2!

He's been so hyped as to his big ride in 2017...but will this season hurt his chances to snag a fat contract?
I think it was Jeff Ward in a recent interview that said "Johnny O'Mara was a different breed, as far as fitness...there is no other Johnny O". Hillbilly commented earlier that overtraining might be the issue. Maybe Jeremy doesn't respond well to the O'Mara way of training.
Zycki11
7/3/2016 8:02am
I agree. If you look at Jeremy's seasons individually, 2014 v 2015 it was two different riders. In 14 he got out front and set sale. He demoralized the competition and waved goodbye. In 15 he was very slow out of the gate and took a long time to build his speed and aggression. This year clearly is a whole new story. He started training with Omara after 2014. Not knocking Johnny at all. The guy is a legend and badass, but perhaps this is why Aldons program works well. Swanny seems to get the best out of his riders as well.
davistld01
7/3/2016 8:46am
davistld01 wrote:
What's up with this guy? I know he's got talent, speed & ability out the wazoo...but is letting Webb, big bro Alex & even guys with...

Not knocking either, but where were they in relation to Jeremy in 2014? Maybe they are now...because of the abrupt change in Jeremy's performance.
Justin345
7/3/2016 9:40am
davistld01 wrote:

I believe he is but his brother Alex switched trainers. AMart couldn't handle the regimen (overworking) so he switched. Seems to be working wonders for him on the new program!
motomike137
7/3/2016 9:46am
davistld01 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Not knocking either, but where were they in relation to Jeremy in 2014? Maybe they are now...because of the abrupt change in Jeremy's performance.
Just checked the calendar, this is 2016.
7/3/2016 9:54am
It's not much different than last year, Musquin and Webb had the upper hand in a lot of races. Webb didn't race the first few rounds and Musquin had crashes and that DNF at the finale which means Martin was the most consistent for the title last year, but not the "clear" favorite.
Claerhout
Fantasy
555th
7/3/2016 10:32am
davistld01 wrote:

I agree.

When everyone assumed Jmart for the title pre season, they seemed to forget Webb was injured last year before he came back and challenged MM and JM even tho they were both in mid season form.
davistld01
7/3/2016 10:44am
davistld01 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Wow, thanks for the heads up! So, Jeremy has gone from the best to an also-ran...and Webb & Alex have come up enough to smoke him in 2-years because they're "faster" all of a sudden?

Come on...
Zycki11
7/3/2016 10:53am
davistld01 wrote:

Claerhout wrote:
I agree. When everyone assumed Jmart for the title pre season, they seemed to forget Webb was injured last year before he came back and challenged...
I agree.

When everyone assumed Jmart for the title pre season, they seemed to forget Webb was injured last year before he came back and challenged MM and JM even tho they were both in mid season form.
I think this is where the conversation gets lost. He was already lagging a bit last year. He had the speed but stated super slow in each moto and didn't have the aggression from the previous year. Ala he was training with Omara already
RMZ#
7/3/2016 10:57am
Maybe Webb and Savatgy are faster?
Thank You!!!
Claerhout
Fantasy
555th
7/3/2016 10:57am
Or did Webb gain experience, and Alex get a bike and confidence? Never know
Starcrossed
7/3/2016 10:58am
davistld01 wrote:

Justin345 wrote:
I believe he is but his brother Alex switched trainers. AMart couldn't handle the regimen (overworking) so he switched. Seems to be working wonders for him...
I believe he is but his brother Alex switched trainers. AMart couldn't handle the regimen (overworking) so he switched. Seems to be working wonders for him on the new program!
JMart and Johnny O are no longer. It was mentioned a couple weeks ago.
RMZ#
7/3/2016 11:00am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2016 11:00am
davistld01 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Wow, thanks for the heads up! So, Jeremy has gone from the best to an also-ran...and Webb & Alex have come up enough to smoke him...
Wow, thanks for the heads up! So, Jeremy has gone from the best to an also-ran...and Webb & Alex have come up enough to smoke him in 2-years because they're "faster" all of a sudden?

Come on...
Confidence is a amazing drug. Ask Kroc!

gt80rider
7/3/2016 11:07am
And he has always been less than stellar indoors... that is arguably his biggest "problem" going forwards ...
7/3/2016 11:40am
Can anyone confirm Epstein Barr? I know on one of the moto podcasts they were like "What's up with JMart? Is he dealing with Epstein Barr or something??" but I think it was more of a theory than it was a factual statement.

If true, I swear pro moto riders are more susceptible to EB than any other type of athlete.. I don't think I had ever even heard of EB before moto riders started getting it like the plague.
RMZ#
7/3/2016 12:01pm
gt80rider wrote:
And he has always been less than stellar indoors... that is arguably his biggest "problem" going forwards ...
Jmart will be a 1 contract guy in the 450 class because of his SX skills.
USMCMXer
7/3/2016 12:48pm
gt80rider wrote:
RMZ# wrote:
Jmart will be a 1 contract guy in the 450 class because of his SX skills.
Hahahahahahahaha, genius right here! Have another...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
7/3/2016 12:57pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I think Epstein Barr is what he is dealing with. Johnny O pushed him extremely hard and the results started to suffer since he started with...
I think Epstein Barr is what he is dealing with. Johnny O pushed him extremely hard and the results started to suffer since he started with him. Slower starts in motos, not the same outright speed, as well as being less aggressive. Here's hoping he gets better by the seasons end(unlikely) and reminds everyone who he really is. Will be interesting to see him on red next year.
His results started suffering under Omara? 2 national titles and a few Supercross wins is suffering? It looks to me that they are suffering without him.
RMZ#
7/3/2016 4:11pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I think Epstein Barr is what he is dealing with. Johnny O pushed him extremely hard and the results started to suffer since he started with...
UpTiTe wrote:
His results started suffering under Omara? 2 national titles and a few Supercross wins is suffering? It looks to me that they are suffering without him.
You are a Oshow bro. Why did Martin pack his bags?
500guy
7/3/2016 4:17pm
RMZ# wrote:
You are a Oshow bro. Why did Martin pack his bags?
Jmart wants to bulk up for the 450 "more weight training" Omara didn't want him to , I think this was mentioned a few times.

What ever has happened Jmart lacks the intensity compared to the past 2 years.
machine
7/3/2016 4:25pm
davistld01 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Wow, thanks for the heads up! So, Jeremy has gone from the best to an also-ran...and Webb & Alex have come up enough to smoke him...

Come on...
The year he won, didn't Coop come in mid season off an injury? I don't think he's raced a full series with a healthy Webb...just sayin man. I also think Coop did himself well by racing those over seas races, the GP at GH and the MXDN. I think he picked up on some technique from some of the Euro guys. It was a smart move be him.

Post a reply to: What's up with JMart?

The Latest