The "Inevitable" Battle between RV and Hill.....

c3011
12/12/2009 10:17am
c3011 wrote:
I don't see RV being anyone's wingman.
RMZ819 wrote:
Why do you think Kawi signed Reed??? Reed is the number 1 SX guy on that team now. When they get outdoors their there roles will...
Why do you think Kawi signed Reed??? Reed is the number 1 SX guy on that team now. When they get outdoors their there roles will reverse. Reed will then be the number 2 guy.
Remember RV started to win some in the SX series toward the end as he got experience in the big bike class. Also, with CR's known ego how do you think he will take it being the defending outdoor champ and possibly having someone else in the truck who if healthy he may not have the stuff to deal with.
Outsider
12/12/2009 10:42am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I have been watching both these guys race against each other since they were kids up here in the NW. I haven't really ever heard if...
I have been watching both these guys race against each other since they were kids up here in the NW. I haven't really ever heard if they were real close as far as friends go , but from what i understand , they have always had respect for each other.

I don't know really anyone from RV's camp , but i know his uncle posts here quite a bit ( Uncleof2). But with Josh , he came and rode our indoor arenacross track and i used to be on friendly terms with his dad Monte. I had some good racing against Monte in the 250 INT, +25A and +30A stuff a few years ago , and he's always been a really cool guy when i talked to him. I know Josh is the same way....very , very good kid!

Us guys up here in the NW are going to witness two of our very own prospects come into their own this year. last year both of them had their fair share of bad luck and no real battles happened between them.

BUT.....i think this year is going to be a little different. I started thinking about how the battle has been going on for a few years now between James and Chad. Now....these two guys who don't care for each other one bit are going to have RV and Josh as their wingmen.

Some "team orders" could come into affect this season , and some really great racing is for sure going to happen. I just hope that when it's all over and done with that RV and Josh still have mutual respect for each other and can stay on friendly terms.

I don't think us NW guys have been put into a spot like this since the Ryan Huffman and Jason McCormick days.....only this time with Josh and RV....they are at the top of the food chain with Team mates , their team , bikes and so on.

I also hope that the fire between James and Chad doesn't pour into dirty riding shit between RV and Josh either. Because YOU KNOW fireworks are going to happen between James and Chad.....am i wrong?

I just wanna see some really good , "aggressive" but clean racing! But i'll be cheering for both of them!
Kinetic1
12/12/2009 10:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
That's a pretty good guess Dan. Obviously James is always going to be right up front weather he gets a good start or not. With CR...
That's a pretty good guess Dan. Obviously James is always going to be right up front weather he gets a good start or not. With CR , RV , JH , JG, RD.....and guys like Brayton , T Hahn and host of others........DUDE , this SX season is going to be epic!

Weird thing is , i'm not looking towards Christmas and new years near as much as I am January 9th and A1. It's not only the start of the SX season....it's my Birthday as well....WHOOP , WHOOP!!! Man i crave this time of year!
Whoop Whoop? Are you a truck driver ?
jeffro503
12/12/2009 10:50am
jeffro503 wrote:
That's a pretty good guess Dan. Obviously James is always going to be right up front weather he gets a good start or not. With CR...
That's a pretty good guess Dan. Obviously James is always going to be right up front weather he gets a good start or not. With CR , RV , JH , JG, RD.....and guys like Brayton , T Hahn and host of others........DUDE , this SX season is going to be epic!

Weird thing is , i'm not looking towards Christmas and new years near as much as I am January 9th and A1. It's not only the start of the SX season....it's my Birthday as well....WHOOP , WHOOP!!! Man i crave this time of year!
Kinetic1 wrote:
Whoop Whoop? Are you a truck driver ?
No , not a truck driver. I own a little remodel business up here in the NW. Just happy as hell Jan 9th is going to be a good day.

Outsider.....thanks for posting the video! Brings back memories!

The Shop

Kinetic1
12/12/2009 11:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
No , not a truck driver. I own a little remodel business up here in the NW. Just happy as hell Jan 9th is going to...
No , not a truck driver. I own a little remodel business up here in the NW. Just happy as hell Jan 9th is going to be a good day.

Just had to ask. I used to haul livestock cross country and the "whoop whoop" thing was big on the cb for a few years. I had never heard it anywhere else. Looking forward to A1 in a big way myself.

Hopefully Josh can be up there with RV and company but I am not holding my breath. He seems to have lost his drive. Hopefully it is back and we will see him battling like he did a few years ago.
motoxhead
12/12/2009 11:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
No , not a truck driver. I own a little remodel business up here in the NW. Just happy as hell Jan 9th is going to...

Kinetic1 wrote:
Just had to ask. I used to haul livestock cross country and the "whoop whoop" thing was big on the cb for a few years. I...
Just had to ask. I used to haul livestock cross country and the "whoop whoop" thing was big on the cb for a few years. I had never heard it anywhere else. Looking forward to A1 in a big way myself.

Hopefully Josh can be up there with RV and company but I am not holding my breath. He seems to have lost his drive. Hopefully it is back and we will see him battling like he did a few years ago.
Watch this video if you haven't concerning his motovation.

[IMG">http://cdn-motocross.transworld.net/...lsfriendlyfinger.jpg[/IMG] [/QUOTE]]
swizcore
12/12/2009 11:32am
Villopoto could have ridden with a front flat or removed the wheel completely in that video, it barely touched the ground.
staycasted
12/12/2009 11:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
I have been watching both these guys race against each other since they were kids up here in the NW. I haven't really ever heard if...
I have been watching both these guys race against each other since they were kids up here in the NW. I haven't really ever heard if they were real close as far as friends go , but from what i understand , they have always had respect for each other.

I don't know really anyone from RV's camp , but i know his uncle posts here quite a bit ( Uncleof2). But with Josh , he came and rode our indoor arenacross track and i used to be on friendly terms with his dad Monte. I had some good racing against Monte in the 250 INT, +25A and +30A stuff a few years ago , and he's always been a really cool guy when i talked to him. I know Josh is the same way....very , very good kid!

Us guys up here in the NW are going to witness two of our very own prospects come into their own this year. last year both of them had their fair share of bad luck and no real battles happened between them.

BUT.....i think this year is going to be a little different. I started thinking about how the battle has been going on for a few years now between James and Chad. Now....these two guys who don't care for each other one bit are going to have RV and Josh as their wingmen.

Some "team orders" could come into affect this season , and some really great racing is for sure going to happen. I just hope that when it's all over and done with that RV and Josh still have mutual respect for each other and can stay on friendly terms.

I don't think us NW guys have been put into a spot like this since the Ryan Huffman and Jason McCormick days.....only this time with Josh and RV....they are at the top of the food chain with Team mates , their team , bikes and so on.

I also hope that the fire between James and Chad doesn't pour into dirty riding shit between RV and Josh either. Because YOU KNOW fireworks are going to happen between James and Chad.....am i wrong?

I just wanna see some really good , "aggressive" but clean racing! But i'll be cheering for both of them!
Outsider wrote:
that kawi sounds awesome.. who is on the rm250? is that Greg Albertyn? RV rides the wheels off that thing
RMZ819
12/12/2009 11:43am
c3011 wrote:
I don't see RV being anyone's wingman.
RMZ819 wrote:
Why do you think Kawi signed Reed??? Reed is the number 1 SX guy on that team now. When they get outdoors their there roles will...
Why do you think Kawi signed Reed??? Reed is the number 1 SX guy on that team now. When they get outdoors their there roles will reverse. Reed will then be the number 2 guy.
c3011 wrote:
Remember RV started to win some in the SX series toward the end as he got experience in the big bike class. Also, with CR's known...
Remember RV started to win some in the SX series toward the end as he got experience in the big bike class. Also, with CR's known ego how do you think he will take it being the defending outdoor champ and possibly having someone else in the truck who if healthy he may not have the stuff to deal with.
RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him. When RV was in front of Reed he was in the way. When he was behind Reed he got gapped. RV racing Stewart is a whole different deal. Its not going to happen. IMO RV's battle is for 3rd-5th. Dungey is the 3rd best guy in the SX in the big bike class.
Outsider
12/12/2009 12:20pm
RMZ819 wrote:
RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him. When RV was in front of Reed he was...
RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him. When RV was in front of Reed he was in the way. When he was behind Reed he got gapped. RV racing Stewart is a whole different deal. Its not going to happen. IMO RV's battle is for 3rd-5th. Dungey is the 3rd best guy in the SX in the big bike class.
RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him.

So, you just cover your eyes during the "bad" parts of the series? Grinning
jeffro503
12/12/2009 12:31pm
This also depends on how well each rider has prepared themselves for this upcoming season. There are so many variables to mention here.

Who here expected Josh Grant to win A1 last year? I didn't. Some of the stronger riders can have small issues , when some of the other guys can just be "dialed in" this season.

We will know more after the first few rounds have been ran. A1 isn't really a good clue on what's going to happen the rest of the season either. Some may start slow out of the gate , only to pour it on come rounds 2, 3 , 4 and later.

On a final note : I HOPE TO GOD that all of them make it through the season healthy so we can watch some good old honest racing! It's sickening watching half the top 10 drop out due to injuries and so forth.

I can only hop the SX season will be like the 09' nationals.....where you never really knew who was going to win.
RMZ819
12/12/2009 12:34pm
RMZ819 wrote:
RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him. When RV was in front of Reed he was...
Outsider wrote:
[b]RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him.[/b] So, you just cover your eyes during the "bad"...
RV did not show at any point last yr that he could race Reed and beat him.

So, you just cover your eyes during the "bad" parts of the series? Grinning
Stewart and Reed both did not care about Vegas. They had there own battle going on there. Stewart was racing to not get taken out by Reed and Reed was racing to try and take Stewart out. The only race that mattered there was the heat race and Stewart destroyed RV. That race mattered because it was for the gate pick. In Seattle Reed was down before the first corner and Stewart was 2nd to last. If Stewart needed to win that race he would of. Hell, It RV took 8 or so laps to pass Alessi in Seattle. RV being in the mix with Stewart and Reed is laughable at best.
Outsider
12/12/2009 12:51pm
RMZ819 wrote:
Stewart and Reed both did not care about Vegas. They had there own battle going on there. Stewart was racing to not get taken out by...
Stewart and Reed both did not care about Vegas. They had there own battle going on there. Stewart was racing to not get taken out by Reed and Reed was racing to try and take Stewart out. The only race that mattered there was the heat race and Stewart destroyed RV. That race mattered because it was for the gate pick. In Seattle Reed was down before the first corner and Stewart was 2nd to last. If Stewart needed to win that race he would of. Hell, It RV took 8 or so laps to pass Alessi in Seattle. RV being in the mix with Stewart and Reed is laughable at best.
RV being in the mix with Stewart and Reed is laughable at best.

Thanks, I think this line makes a better sig. As far as your predictions, we'll see... I have no delusions that RV or anyone else is going wax James every race, but, at the same time, to think that RV hasn't improved and can't run up front is... laughable.Smile
MX690
12/12/2009 2:21pm
RMZ819 wrote:
Stewart and Reed both did not care about Vegas. They had there own battle going on there. Stewart was racing to not get taken out by...
Common sense and facts arnt allowed at Vital... What i find laughable is the amount of people in this thread that are writing off Reed...Amazing.
neverwas
Fantasy
714th
12/12/2009 2:31pm
Hill is very fast, but has he ever showed any consistency?
RV is a multiple time champion.
If both stay healthy RV will place higher in the point totals in both MX ands SX.
RACEGUY
12/12/2009 4:04pm
sec114, your turbo-talk had better find another home. Not a lot of us enjoy your "text" format. It's actually against the rules.
`ol Ger
12/12/2009 5:37pm
Mike D wrote:
Josh Hill ON HIS BEST DAY is not as fast as RV.
RMZ819 wrote:
Outdoors i would agree with you. Indoors I think Hill is every bit as good as RV.
concur

g
andymoto
12/12/2009 5:46pm
neverwas wrote:
Hill is very fast, but has he ever showed any consistency? RV is a multiple time champion. If both stay healthy RV will place higher in...
If both stay healthy RV will place higher in the point totals in both MX ands SX.

Nope, maybe his only season in Lites SX.

Doesn't stop me from rooting for Josh to have his best 450SX since '08.

Go Josh Hill.
Big Lenny
12/12/2009 6:22pm
rich72 wrote:
hill should be a top 5 guy.ryan 3 or 4,josh grant will make an impact this year .cahd will be fighting for 2nd and will most...
hill should be a top 5 guy.ryan 3 or 4,josh grant will make an impact this year .cahd will be fighting for 2nd and will most likely losse those battles.i just dont think he's comvi on the kawi yet
Spinner wrote:
[img]http://xectrik.net/images/motivationalposters/english-do-you-speak-it.jpg[/img]
Laughing
Big Lenny
12/12/2009 6:26pm
RMZ819 wrote:
c3011 wrote:
Remember RV started to win some in the SX series toward the end as he got experience in the big bike class. Also, with CR's known...
RMZ819 wrote:
Real shit right there 819..Wink
neverwas
Fantasy
714th
12/12/2009 7:11pm
neverwas wrote:
Hill is very fast, but has he ever showed any consistency? RV is a multiple time champion. If both stay healthy RV will place higher in...
andymoto wrote:
[b] Hill is very fast, but has he ever showed any consistency?[/b] Nope, maybe his only season in Lites SX. Doesn't stop me from rooting for...

Nope, maybe his only season in Lites SX.

Doesn't stop me from rooting for Josh to have his best 450SX since '08.

Go Josh Hill.
I hope he has his best season ever.
Root away!
Devil1nNj
12/12/2009 8:28pm
We have a lot to look forward to come Jan 9th!
I like reading everyones opinions, but after reading through it, my opinion is that we as fans have an amazing series ahead of us if everyone stays healthy!
We will have epic battles for 1-10. (I agree James has the moxie, but, we all know racing and there are no guarantees)
It's racing, no matter how much you think your guy will do his thing, weather, mechanicals, health and numerous other factors are going to make this season killer.
So many contenders, so many chances, I can't wait!!!!
C'Mon A1!

Post a reply to: The "Inevitable" Battle between RV and Hill.....

The Latest