Slim chance but.........

Jarrod458
With RCH contract up with Suzuki is there any chance they switch to HONDA and keep Kenny??? I mean HRC and RCH isn't far off anyways haha. Could this happen???
|
cali11
7/16/2016 8:18pm
I think he is crazy leaving! He is at one with that bike. Now he is going to start over again? Congrats on the 2017 SX/MX titles RD!
IceMan446
7/16/2016 8:22pm
cali11 wrote:
I think he is crazy leaving! He is at one with that bike. Now he is going to start over again? Congrats on the 2017 SX/MX...
I think he is crazy leaving! He is at one with that bike. Now he is going to start over again? Congrats on the 2017 SX/MX titles RD!
He was at one with the KTM also.

I'm sure he will be fine.

The top guys can win on any brand.
kiwifan
7/16/2016 8:37pm
Jarrod458 wrote:
With RCH contract up with Suzuki is there any chance they switch to HONDA and keep Kenny??? I mean HRC and RCH isn't far off anyways...
With RCH contract up with Suzuki is there any chance they switch to HONDA and keep Kenny??? I mean HRC and RCH isn't far off anyways haha. Could this happen???
Depends if his contract is with the US HRC Team or Honda themselves....I dont know what his contract says...I guess its possible that IF RCH did go to Honda then he could stay there....but no one here will know the details of his contract so all speculation. If you ask me it's a good question.

Gajser of course has a contract with Honda, he could go anywhere in the world and still would race a factory Honda....

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
354th
7/16/2016 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2016 8:39pm
Add that to the fact that HRC Honda can custom make that frame to whatever he wants.... and I know that's not "allowed" in the rules, but don't bull shit me about some AMA official knowing that they made frame tweaks..... which means that HRC will make that bike feel just like his Suzuki if that's what he so desires.
kiwifan
7/16/2016 8:38pm
cali11 wrote:
I think he is crazy leaving! He is at one with that bike. Now he is going to start over again? Congrats on the 2017 SX/MX...
Tomac was at one with the Honda when he signed with Kawasaki....
7/16/2016 8:42pm
cali11 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

95% rider 5% bike.
kzizok
Fantasy
2092nd
7/16/2016 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2016 8:46pm
Jarrod458 wrote:
With RCH contract up with Suzuki is there any chance they switch to HONDA and keep Kenny??? I mean HRC and RCH isn't far off anyways...
I think its even less than slim considering there wont be an RCH in the equation, or any other equations for that matter.
MxKing809
Fantasy
354th
7/16/2016 8:46pm
Jarrod458 wrote:
kzizok wrote:
I think its even less than slim considering there wont be an RCH in the equation, or any other equations for that matter.
Ouch..... sounds true though. With Baggett look around too (BTO allegedly) there may not be a 450 Suzuki team at all
7/16/2016 8:48pm
Not sure if RC still matters with his Suzuki ties. HRC and RC might still have some hard feelings over him leaving Honda.
cali11
7/16/2016 8:52pm
cali11 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
No kidding now look at him! It's taken him all year to look happy on the KX450!
cali11
7/16/2016 8:53pm
cali11 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

I'm sure he will, but it's going to take him most of 2017 to get use to the CR450
IceMan446
7/16/2016 10:10pm
cali11 wrote:
I'm sure he will, but it's going to take him most of 2017 to get use to the CR450
True.

But there's no guarantee he would win staying on the Suzuki.

While I think he has a better chance, he might also take to the Honda better than the Suzuki for all we know.

Either way, he will have a shit ton of pressure on him to prove he made the right choice.
langhammx
Fantasy
588th
7/16/2016 10:23pm
No, not a chance..... You can stamp that if you'd like.

There was a chance of RCH going to Honda, but that ship has sailed (from people in the know). Kenny will be on Factory Honda's with Seely.
It's common knowledge that both the RCH and Yoshimura teams are in question for next year, it's unsure at this point what will really happen with either team and even Mike Webb doesn't know if he still has a job next year. There has been talk about several different possibilities, but lots of changes with both teams, seems to be inevitable. I think Suzuki is trying to figure out what the hell is going to happen with JS7, but that's 100% my opinion.
langhammx
Fantasy
588th
7/16/2016 10:28pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Add that to the fact that HRC Honda can custom make that frame to whatever he wants.... and I know that's not "allowed" in the rules...
Add that to the fact that HRC Honda can custom make that frame to whatever he wants.... and I know that's not "allowed" in the rules, but don't bull shit me about some AMA official knowing that they made frame tweaks..... which means that HRC will make that bike feel just like his Suzuki if that's what he so desires.
Honestly I don't think that's a possibility these days. Many years ago maybe, but I really don't think that Honda would take the chance of getting caught doing that. But what do I know.... Laughing
kiwifan
7/17/2016 1:23am
cali11 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
cali11 wrote:
No kidding now look at him! It's taken him all year to look happy on the KX450!
you missed my point...
Jarrod458
7/17/2016 5:34am
I would like to see RCH go to Hondas, and sign both Stewart's... James for more of a rider/coach kinda deal to finish his career helping little bro out, and Mookie the top guy! Mookie will kill it on 450's! No doubt he's the most under rated 450 guy out there I think. Potential for him on the big bike is huge!!! The earth quake in Japan could hinder any of this though... Limited parts for the new red bike.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1573rd
7/17/2016 8:23am
langhammx wrote:
No, not a chance..... You can stamp that if you'd like. There was a chance of RCH going to Honda, but that ship has sailed (from...
No, not a chance..... You can stamp that if you'd like.

There was a chance of RCH going to Honda, but that ship has sailed (from people in the know). Kenny will be on Factory Honda's with Seely.
It's common knowledge that both the RCH and Yoshimura teams are in question for next year, it's unsure at this point what will really happen with either team and even Mike Webb doesn't know if he still has a job next year. There has been talk about several different possibilities, but lots of changes with both teams, seems to be inevitable. I think Suzuki is trying to figure out what the hell is going to happen with JS7, but that's 100% my opinion.
7/17/2016 8:29am
MxKing809 wrote:
Add that to the fact that HRC Honda can custom make that frame to whatever he wants.... and I know that's not "allowed" in the rules...
Here we go...
7/17/2016 8:33am
Jarrod458 wrote:
I would like to see RCH go to Hondas, and sign both Stewart's... James for more of a rider/coach kinda deal to finish his career helping...
I would like to see RCH go to Hondas, and sign both Stewart's... James for more of a rider/coach kinda deal to finish his career helping little bro out, and Mookie the top guy! Mookie will kill it on 450's! No doubt he's the most under rated 450 guy out there I think. Potential for him on the big bike is huge!!! The earth quake in Japan could hinder any of this though... Limited parts for the new red bike.
I dont think james would leave yosh right away after they stood by him through the last couple years when hes only raced a couple times. And I thought malcolm was still with geico next year?
Krazyk2774
7/17/2016 11:10am
cali11 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
True. But there's no guarantee he would win staying on the Suzuki. While I think he has a better chance, he might also take to the...
True.

But there's no guarantee he would win staying on the Suzuki.

While I think he has a better chance, he might also take to the Honda better than the Suzuki for all we know.

Either way, he will have a shit ton of pressure on him to prove he made the right choice.
You know I never thought I would hear that. Having to prove it was the right choice to go to factory Honda! Times have changed! I had always considered HRC to be the pinnacle of rhe sport! If you can't win on a factory Honda you just can't win! Lol
davistld01
7/17/2016 11:24am
cali11 wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

He was one with the KTM...but Dungey was the ONE at KTM. I've always thought KR left so he could be the team leader & focal point of the team...not second banana. He'll be the ONE at Honda.
Xeno
7/17/2016 12:24pm
MxKing809 wrote:
They run production frames, cherry-picked from the assembly line.
MxKing809
Fantasy
354th
7/17/2016 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2016 1:22pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Xeno wrote:
But for 20 million dollars over the next 5 years, is it completely out of question that might tweak the head angle? Calm her down a bit guys, if he asked I bet they would build one..... shit, Rodger built Dungey whatever he wanted on the new KTM that one year they had an exemption. What's keeping the big factory teams from doing the same?

How would a tech inspection official even have the slightest idea?
langhammx
Fantasy
588th
7/17/2016 1:38pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Xeno wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
But for 20 million dollars over the next 5 years, is it completely out of question that might tweak the head angle? Calm her down a...
But for 20 million dollars over the next 5 years, is it completely out of question that might tweak the head angle? Calm her down a bit guys, if he asked I bet they would build one..... shit, Rodger built Dungey whatever he wanted on the new KTM that one year they had an exemption. What's keeping the big factory teams from doing the same?

You're kidding yourself.
After the new bike for '17, I doubt they will spend the money to get a new design for Roczen any time soon. Hopefully Roczen can adapt to the bike they just finished building, if not, They are both screwed.

Where did the $20 million dollar thing come from ?
MxKing809
Fantasy
354th
7/17/2016 1:47pm
Xeno wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
But for 20 million dollars over the next 5 years, is it completely out of question that might tweak the head angle? Calm her down a...

langhammx wrote:
You're kidding yourself. After the new bike for '17, I doubt they will spend the money to get a new design for Roczen any time soon...
You're kidding yourself.
After the new bike for '17, I doubt they will spend the money to get a new design for Roczen any time soon. Hopefully Roczen can adapt to the bike they just finished building, if not, They are both screwed.

Where did the $20 million dollar thing come from ?
I thought he was getting paid in the neighborhood of 20 million for 5 years..... or was that the rumor mill jacking that price up?
langhammx
Fantasy
588th
7/17/2016 2:48pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I thought he was getting paid in the neighborhood of 20 million for 5 years..... or was that the rumor mill jacking that price up?
Yeah, I'm sure Kenny would love to be getting that much, but the $11 million for 5 years isn't so shabby either. Lol

Although.... If Kenny was to win both SX and MX championships all 5 years, he would make more than 20 with race win bonuses and championship bonuses. I would think he's good for $100K per race and $1M per championship, but I'm only guessing on that one, based off contracts in the past.
Xeno
7/17/2016 3:34pm
I think even the HRC MXGP team runs production frames. And they are not bound by a production rule.

Personally, I think the racing could be safer if they could run works bikes in AMA events.
Ted722
7/17/2016 4:08pm
As much as I like him on that Suzuki, he's had a few years to figure out what setup he likes and he'll apply that to whatever brand he ends up on.

Post a reply to: Slim chance but.........

The Latest