Pls Dont Show results

Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 2:11pm
I havent always been able to watch the first AMA moto's live and my only way to access second moto's is on the archive. The only downfall to this is when i go on to promotocross website, its hard not to see a pic or a heading with the moto results. If you are going to the effort, as promotocross is, to load the archived moto's so quick, any chance of keeping the results out of sight? GRRRR!
|
Motofinne
6/6/2016 3:34am
Watch the races through offroadvideos.org

No spoilers there!
6/6/2016 3:41am
Motofinne wrote:
Watch the races through offroadvideos.org No spoilers there!
Watch the races through offroadvideos.org

No spoilers there!
ill check that out , thanks
6/6/2016 4:45am
You can try to bookmark the "On Demand" section, that way you can go straight to the full motos without clicking anything else.
Frodad78
6/6/2016 6:03am
Obi Wan wins the first moto and Sansa Stark takes Moto...Oh wait wrong spoilers my bad. Laughing

The Shop

Spagina767
6/6/2016 6:15am
I don't get the motocross rider "spoiler" mentality.

In no other sport is the media expected to keep quiet about a result.
bvm111
6/6/2016 6:27am
I dont get it

Im in the same boat and never try to avoid the results, in fact i always follow the moto thread here on vital and still love watching the second motos on Sunday.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
6/6/2016 6:31am
Spagina767 wrote:

Maybe it's because every other sport has a more accessible viewing package?
6/6/2016 9:23am
You can try to bookmark the "On Demand" section, that way you can go straight to the full motos without clicking anything else.
i thought this is a possibility, so i tried bookmarking "motos on demand" 'full motos" for the second motos on the weekend, First thing i see is a clip saying Roczen passed Canard for lead.
For the guys that dont get the spoiler thing, First moto was on at 5am in Australia, woke to watch it, but a storm knocked out the internet. watched it at 9am. so it not as if i am watching it a day later. Plus also the pixel quality is not very high, so you are sough of watching it to see the winners as its pretty hard to get a decent view of track conditions and rider skills.
chase414
6/6/2016 1:29pm
The way the site is now the first page gives you the option to go to the archive or the site without showing any results
slowgti
6/6/2016 2:04pm
Or maybe just not get on here until you see the race?
jj welks
6/6/2016 2:11pm
Uh all the motos were posted on vital like 3 hours afterwards
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/6/2016 2:42pm
MotoGP has a no spoiler page one can link to to watch the on-demand races. The archives at Promotocross (or was it the Alli site then?) used to function that way I think without explicitly calling it a no spoiler page.

Anyway, it can be done, if there isn't a way to get there already.
6/6/2016 2:57pm
chase414 wrote:
The way the site is now the first page gives you the option to go to the archive or the site without showing any results
Your correct that is the way it is now, and works perfectly. Post race on the day, it was still showing the live link on the opening page, and when you think you have had enough self control to not look down the homepage while you hit the video on demand, full race button. The first thing that came up was a 20 second video clip, filling the video box.which was enough to give away the race results.
MattE303
6/6/2016 3:49pm
Your correct that is the way it is now, and works perfectly. Post race on the day, it was still showing the live link on the...
Your correct that is the way it is now, and works perfectly. Post race on the day, it was still showing the live link on the opening page, and when you think you have had enough self control to not look down the homepage while you hit the video on demand, full race button. The first thing that came up was a 20 second video clip, filling the video box.which was enough to give away the race results.
So are you saying that the spoilage came from the 20 second highlight clip playing automatically when you opened the page? If that's the problem, there are ways to disable "autoplay on page load" functionality in most browsers. I have it turned off in Chrome and no videos on promotocross.com play unless I explicitly start them.
Ash124
6/6/2016 4:17pm
I get my wife to queue up the motos on promotocross. That way I dont see the highlight clips.

As a side note, how useless is Foxtel now in Aus. I am canning my sub.
DPR250R
6/6/2016 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2016 4:20pm
Watch the replays through the NBC Sports app. No spoilers.
6/6/2016 4:38pm
Ash124 wrote:
I get my wife to queue up the motos on promotocross. That way I dont see the highlight clips. As a side note, how useless is...
I get my wife to queue up the motos on promotocross. That way I dont see the highlight clips.

As a side note, how useless is Foxtel now in Aus. I am canning my sub.
Foxtel was great for SX but its a 3 day delay for AMA MX, it does suck. MXGP site as mentioned its great at keeping the results out of eye view.
6/6/2016 4:43pm
Your correct that is the way it is now, and works perfectly. Post race on the day, it was still showing the live link on the...
MattE303 wrote:
So are you saying that the spoilage came from the 20 second highlight clip playing automatically when you opened the page? If that's the problem, there...
So are you saying that the spoilage came from the 20 second highlight clip playing automatically when you opened the page? If that's the problem, there are ways to disable "autoplay on page load" functionality in most browsers. I have it turned off in Chrome and no videos on promotocross.com play unless I explicitly start them.
most of us Aussie's are illiterate in most forms, English, computers etc. LOL Thanks for that tip i try disabling auto play. I think everybody has given me some great solutions, no more whining here, thanks for your help guys.
mxridr
6/7/2016 3:50pm
I havent always been able to watch the first AMA moto's live and my only way to access second moto's is on the archive. The only...
I havent always been able to watch the first AMA moto's live and my only way to access second moto's is on the archive. The only downfall to this is when i go on to promotocross website, its hard not to see a pic or a heading with the moto results. If you are going to the effort, as promotocross is, to load the archived moto's so quick, any chance of keeping the results out of sight? GRRRR!
+1 I do this exact thing
moscrop940
6/7/2016 4:23pm
Spagina767 wrote:

It may not be so much a motocross mentality as much as it is a human mentality.

For me, whether it be from watching the races, a baseball game, or even a movie, I want to know NOTHING about the ending/end results. I want to see them for myself.

For example, if I saw the results of the Musquin/Dungey SX battle (the one with JS7), I would not have been on the edge of my seat up until the last rhythm section....It isn't half as exciting if I know the end result. Enjoyable still, but not as much.

Post a reply to: Pls Dont Show results

The Latest